Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

i don:t know id anyone is there but i am feeling really misserable today and angry. I am sitting here crying and i don:t know why, is it because i am feeling sorry for myself or what, i am on day 5

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm pretty sure I'm not at a point that I could be in a bar around others who are drinking and not give in, so for now that's off the table for me. My plan is to avoid all the social engagements that I can until I have a considerable amount of AF time under my belt.

On a similar note, I'm grieving the apparent loss of enthusiasm for some of my favorite pass times that seem to be inextricably linked in my mind with drinking. For example, two or three nights a week (if I'm drinking) I get my guitar out and sing and play the night away. If I'm not drinking, I never even think about it. I noticed the same thing this summer with gardening. I hope I don't loose my passion for hobbies that are linked in my mind with drinking.
      ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
      -----------------------------------
      Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Newbies Nest

where do i find the down load for the book

Comment

Newbies Nest

twitt;1228658 wrote: where do i find the down load for the book
          Twitt, you can download the MWO book here: Quit drinking today the easy way!

Or you can buy a hardcopy there or at Amazon too. You also might want to read Jason Vale's book Kick The Drink Easily or Allen Carr's book The Easy Way To Stop Drinking. They're both available at Amazon or Barnes and Noble. I've read Vale's book and think it's great. I haven't read the Carr book, but I think it's similar to Vale's.

Comment

Newbies Nest

twitt;1228658 wrote: where do i find the down load for the book
            Sorry, Twitt, we cros-posted. I wasn't ignoring you. I hope the books help. I've read both and got a lot out of them.
            ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
            -----------------------------------
            Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Newbies Nest

twitt;1228648 wrote: i don:t know id anyone is there but i am feeling really misserable today and angry. I am sitting here crying and i don:t know why, is it because i am feeling sorry for myself or what, i am on day 5
              You are doing a fabulous job. Way to go on Day 5. I'm no psychologist, but alcohol numbs you out. The emotions don't go away though. They're still there, waiting for you. Just feel what you're feeling and cry. You are standing on the brink of a whole new life. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. You'll get there.

Comment

Newbies Nest

i hate feeling these emotions, i don"t even know what i was dreaming to bring this on.. Even from a young age my father would get mad if we cried so i would hold it in

Comment

Newbies Nest

twitt;1228680 wrote: i hate feeling these emotions, i don"t even know what i was dreaming to bring this on.. Even from a young age my father would get mad if we cried so i would hold it in
                  My parents were the same. Crying was a sign of weakness in our house. I still struggle with letting my emotions out. But sometimes when they're that close to the surface and I'm trying to hold it in, I give myself permission to cry, make noise, wail, whatever LOUDLY. Obviously I do this when I'm alone! :H When doing what you've always done isn't working for you, why not try something completely different and see how that feels? Who's going to know if you cried? You might not feel so angry and sad if you do.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I remember a movie that came out along time ago with Meg Ryan... she was a mother of 2 her husband was an airline pilot and she was an alcoholic .... she finally goes to rehab then AA and becomes "dry".. the movie was good cause it pointed out that her issues did not go away just cause she was no longer drinking... of course the movie ends happy ever after but I think alot of us have used AL to suppress a lot of issues... i.e. hurt, anger, disappointment etc... once we stop drinking all those issues are still there looking at us clearly in the eye... now comes the challenge of dealing with our issues through sober eyes... As I once read in a great book (the road less traveled) life is hard... I have been upset and depressed the last 3-4 days... in the past perfect excuse to bring out the wine... I have found it frustrating dealing with these feelings without the numbing effect of the wine, but for the first time in a long time I am thinking about the cause, the effect and what to do about the situation...I still don't have an answer but I am trying to get some things figured out....One thing I am sure of, AL has not helped me and will not help me... only sober thinking will help...
                    Enough for my thoughts for the day..

Hope all is well... Twit hang in ... You are all on my mind today

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just remembered the name of the movie... When a Man Loves a Woman

Comment

Newbies Nest

Herbie...I was just stopping by to check in quickly, but saw your post and reference to "The Road Less Traveled". I unpacked a box of books last weekend (books that had been packed 4 years and 2 moves ago). I found that book but did not open it. That book was a tremendous help to me during a rough patch years ago. I do remember it beginning with "life is hard". I need to go back and reread at least some of it now, to remember that life is hard and AL won't make it any easier, and as we all know does make it harder! Thanks so much for that reminder! I hope you and all the other nestlings have a great day!
                        BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Cellist! I don't have much to add, but just wanted to welcome you just the same. Hang in there and read when you are feeling down, and post when you are ready to go for the alcohol. I had a close call a couple of nights ago and was pulled out of it by the wonderful folks here. This is my 8th hangover free Sunday, and let me tell you, it feels phenomenal.

p.s. Love the cello. My 11 yr old son plays the violin, and we love strings!
                          :welcome:
                          BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Windy, sooooo happy to hear that you passed your own big test. It does feel good to finally have CONTROL over your thoughts AND deeds. I'm so happy for you.....YOU EARNED that right!!! Well done!
                            I used to have a line I used when I was dieting...(trying not to eat so I could drink ) I'd say, "I've tried everything to lose weight, except diet and exercise!". It always got a good laugh. The same applies to AL too..."I've tried everything to stop drinking....except stop drinking!!" The only way to stop drinking is to stop drinking. And guess what! It really works!
                            Strength to everyone in the nest today...my thoughts are with each and every one of us. MindPeace today! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I Got GABA!!

Hi & Bye!!

This is my last post for 2011. Leaving in a couple of hours....:hiya:
                              Was supposed to leave an hour ago (8pm), but you know, NOTHING ever works out the way my ex says it would. So, I was scrambling around to get everything packed and have the kids car ready to sleep etc etc. Planned an extra bag for all my supps. Turned around an dear 2year old got eggs smeared all over the kitchen… and then the sms to say oh, sorry, will see you 1:30am, because I had too much to do…
                              Phoned back immediately and lost it!! He came and picked up the kids so I can clean this mess and, well, because I was such a big bitch. Wow. Now all I have to do is to be kind for +- 10 hours before we hit the sea!!

We don’t have all the supps here in SA, but today I got GABA!!
                              GABAtropin – Anti-anxiety and calming amino acid. “…it is theoretically possible that GABAtropin can have sedative effects…” It’s Christmas already!!! I’ll take 2 for the road trip!

Windy- Thx!! It is inspiring to hear that we do regain control!! And yeah!-Where is Blondie???

Irie – I hear you about not doing things we did when we were drinking. Before I discovered MWO and surfed how the brain heals after AL abuse it is common that there is a period of useless/less effective behavior. Also repetitive thoughts. Very common at a later stage of brain function that is healing/returning to normal. I feel that we have to relearn so many things after AL. It was part of everything. (I love gardening too and there is nothing better than an ice cold b…..berry juice after a few hours in the sun!)
                              Relax. You’ll play and sing again…

Herbie – The scene in When a man loves a woman where she hides the bottles in the lower drawers was always on my mind when I was doing something sneaky… Now I just think of Byrdie’s stories!!:H

Cellist_By_Night – Welcome! I didn’t think we’ll meet new birds till 2012 and you just became # 41 on my list of people to think of and send vibes to when Al bullies me!

I’ll be back 3 Jan. Don’t want to work on others computers and even though one can delete the history I don’t trust it.

It’s 15 days. I am committed!!

My best wishes dear birds!:h
                              :wings:
                              12-20-2012 AF
                              Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy holidays Steady - see you 2012.

Quick question - can you get Selzer water in the UK?? Can't find it. Thanks
                                You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                                X