Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

You never know when something that you write might have a huge impact on someone else's efforts to get or stay sober. Thanks to all of you for helping me so far!
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all! Just checking in at the end of sober day 2. Feel much better today and I have a feeling I will sleep like a baby.

Byrdie- Congratulations! That's amazing!

Andrew- try to get back on track. You sound very similar to me where 1 day it's ok so you think the 2nd day it's ok and then later it's the 8th day it's not ok. I know it's hard because it's the holidays and there are so many events, but do your best to get your butt velcro and strap in!

Lolab- thanks for the encouragement, advice, and support. I have a feeling many of us will go back and read those posts and yours when we feel tempted.

I have to wrap a few presents then I'm off to bed. Have a great day/ night everyone!
      "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
      Goal 1- 3 days al free
      Goal 2- 7 days al free
      Goal 3- 1 month al free
      Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, Lolab!! Thank you for reposting that. So sad but true...we do write the end of the story, it is our choice. Do we DESERVE a drink? NO, HELL NO! We DESERVE to be sober and live our lifes being present.
        I'm no different than anyone else here, I've just said no a little longer....and Lav longer still. It is a choice I make. It DOES get clearer every day, and thankfully, easier.
        My thanks to you all!! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey Ronnie I forgot to say thanks :-)

And yoo hoo minstar????? First, I have to say that I have felt many physical ups and downs during the past 80 some days and I do truly believe that most are from the changes of going AF. Headaches, body aches, pains in odd places...they come and stick around for awhile and then go away.

But mostly I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

MINSTAR HAS 30 DAYS!!!! :grouptrophy: YEA FOR YOU!!!!!
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Minstar! My word, you got that one in right under my nose!!! I'm so proud of you!! And as promised, my dear friend....here, is YOUR hat!!:man: This must be a victorious day for you....it sure was for me! In the grand scheme of things, you are just behind me! Well done! XXOO, Byrdie
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Minstar -- Good Job on 30 days.. 30 Days is a big step and you should feel very proud of your achievement, as it is the single most important even in your AF journey (in my humble opinion).

Andrew -- I have been following your posts and hoping your effort to be AF becomes easier for you. It really does take a lot of soul searching and reflection to decide how your path will be paved. You seem to be doing just that. Keep working on it and remember how good it can feel to get alcohol out of our bodies. Don't let other peoples opinions of you change that desire. Please listen to your inner voice.

I will be in and out as things are getting hectic here. I am determined to get to 100 days, and I am counting forward to that event too. I feel confident enough to do that. Yeh....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello All!

Wow, everyone is doing great! Congratulations to everyone hitting those major milestones (although every day sober is a milestone!).

I was close to the rabbit hole on Monday night, considering going off Antabuse in "preparation" for when my daughter goes to her dads for a week. BUT then I sat myself down and looked at this monster honestly. Who in their right mind would prepare to feel like shit, be overwhelmed with anxiety, and more than likely act a complete idiot? I don't want any part of that anymore. So down the hatch went my Antabuse, took it again today on schedule, and will be going to the pharmacy to get my next refill. I know they were just "thoughts", but boy did they scare me...that I would even CONSIDER going back there. I do feel a bit of a victory this time...every other time I've planned to "miss" my dose of Antabuse I ended up drinking (usually too soon for it to have worn off) and it always turned out horribly. So I think my brain is finally coming around and accepting the fact that this is not something I can mess around with...ever again.

Hope everyone has a great day! One more day of work (tomorrow), then looking forward to 4 wonderfully relaxing sober days at home!!

K9
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

i am on day 8 today but i feel pensive i want to drink so bad. Yesterday was oka y was called into work into work and i don:t go back till friday. I have an app with an addiction councelor tomorrow hopefull that will help. I am going to use and aabuse every outlet i can fine

Comment

Newbies Nest

Twitt! Day 8 is huge!! You have conguered every single day of the week plus 1. It is perfectly normal to feel anxious....but don't be without direction. Get your plan going, make a contingent for every roadblock you may hit...what will I do when _____? Please don't try to 'wing it' or see how it goes. We all KNOW how it will go if we do that. PLAN ahead and it WILL work. Plan for success and you will get it. Well done on Day 8...the rest of the nest will join me in telling you this is the worst part. Settle in for emotions that will bounce you off the walls, but stay the course. DO not drink NO MATTER WHAT and no matter WHO! You are doing GREAT!!! You will never regret not drinking! Byrdie
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Twitt -- 8 Day is huge and it sounds like you are willing to take this thing head on with an addiction counselor. Great steps being taken here. Keep on posting and let us know how things are going for you and feel welcome to ask anything (well almost anything). We are rooting for you.

K9 - Have you read Mario's thread regarding slips? It talks about that "booze brain talking".

Comment

Newbies Nest

WoooHooo Minstar!! wonderful news - i am sneaking a checkin when at work - i realised that a few of my normal Christmas foods have brandy in and i have been pondering buying a bottle - just for cooking (yeah right!! - we all know how that goes) - my 30 days is getting so close, why on earth would i think about jeopardizing that!! Min - more incentive to banish the evil thoughts!
                        K9 - see you are in central valley - me too! i have my girls on Friday for the week, Dad has them over NY - it is the pits isn't it -I also have thoughts around drinking when they are gone, and then drinking when i have them as we are having fun!! Hang strong for your duaghter - I want mine to be proud of me, they motivate me a lot - your daughter obviously does too!:l
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the support folks. I promise I will get a few days AF under my belt again and be back on track. I look like hell right now and I can hardly believe it was just a week ago that I was out jogging, finding I needed to use a tighter buckle on my belt because I was losing the beer belly and feeling absolutely wonderful. AL is the devil for some people and I'm one of them. Stupid work party! Ireland is a desperate place to have a problem with alcohol. Sure just today there was a raffle in work and 15 people received bottles of wine. If I had been one of them I'd probably have cracked it open in work to give my colleagues a glass! Even tomorrow someone is leaving and there'll be mince pies and booze in the canteen to mark the occasion. But I'm DETERMINED to give up. Having MWO and you guys possibly saved my sanity, if not my life in the last couple of days, so thank you all for that. I just wish I could hang out with you all this evening instead of turning down more offers of Christmas drinks tonight and sitting on my own! Because of course, people in work were going to the pub tonight. And one of my friends texted me today to ask me out to the pub tomorrow after work too. It's hard, it really is. Ireland is non-stop. People say "ah, it's Christmas, come on" but there's always an excuse, always a reason, doesn't matter the time of year. Birthdays, weddings, christenings, GAA matches, soccer matches, summer evenings etc. etc. A Portuguese friend of mine told me it's fairly unacceptable for an adult to be seen drunk over there...here it's practically celebrated and gives everyone a good laugh...
                          Sorry for the rant...! I'm just exasperated with things right now. And most exasperated at myself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello ALL I am new to this forum and love all the posts that I have read. I am a 34 year old female that has been drinking heavily since I was 30 to overcome the relashioship problems. I am ready to quit this monster!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am really having a tough dayTea just isn:t cutting it

Comment

Newbies Nest

I hate feeling this pain

Comment

Working...
                                X