X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

twitt;1230514 wrote: I hate feeling this pain
    It will be okay, it will be okay, just get through it.:l
    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Newbies Nest

Twitt....set yourself out to find the most rightous cookie you can get your hands on. And when you find it, get a few to share. I find it helpful to take my mind off of myself and what I can't do, and set about to find something that I CAN. Do something in service to others, you will be amazed at what it will do. Stop the stinkin thinkin and pull up and out of the downspin! You can do it! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Andrew, I live at the beach...in a vacation place. We have Tiki Bars, and outdoor bars, and beach bars and bars on top of bars. All people do around here is drink...it's a dam sport! I am sympathetic to your surroundings. But just because they can drink does not mean I can. Imagine, if you were diabetic, you wouldn't load up on sugar...because it is a threat to your life. No difference here. You can do it...you MUST do it. It does not get any easier to wait. As you know, it DOES get easier once you start. If you start today, you will be Day 4 on Christmas. I recall you felt pretty darn good last time you had 4 days...no? You have to be the one that makes the change cause you can't change the people around you. I am pulling for you! Byrdie
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey,
          Just checking in. Day 30 nearly done for me! Am kinda of peacefully quiet about ti. thought I would be elated but feel it an anticlimax. Still- no hankering to drink so that's a bonus. Off to read past posts.!
          TC and stay safe Nesters!

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATS on your 30 AF days MinStar
            I have learned to really enjoy the peaceful quietness of sobriety ~ much better than the raging hell of a chronic hangover

twitt - Go to the Tool box, pick something to do & take your mind off of AL!
            That's what we all have to do - be proactive to maintain your quit!!!!

Andrew, I spent a week in Ireland 8 years ago & I do understand your pressure to drink BUT if you don't make any changes now, nothing is going to improve in your life
            Practice saying NO, NO THANKS, whatever way you prefer but just stop drinking. Do it for yourself & your future! Don't forget Byrdie & I are watching......
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

You go girl! Yay for minstar and your 30 days
              45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
              New day 1- 9 January !
              Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

A quick check in for me. Well done on 30 days MinStar. Feels good, doesn't it. Not that you've had 30 days of bliss, but that you feel healthy and like you've accomplished a noble goal!

I sure understand everyone's struggle here. But as Byrdie says, the problems doesn't go away and it won't get any easier down the road.

Sending everyone peace and strength.:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrd and Lav....thanks...I will do it. I said no to friends and family no problem. It was just the work thing. And then I went on a binge. But I went out walking tonight. Ate well. Just had a cup of camomile tea and I'm ready to sleep and wake tomorrow with strength and determination. Which is a big difference to how I felt when I woke up this morning. A few days under my belt and I will be in control. The only consolation is that I did feel in control when I decided to drink. The problem was that I lose control after that and next thing it's 6 days later and I have a mineral bottle full of wine in my drawer at work. So from now on: I say "no thanks".

Comment

Newbies Nest

We're counting on you doing that Andrew
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

I believe in you, Andrew! Some months ago, I ran across an aluminum bottle I had hidden in the drawer. When I opened it to see what the heck it was...it smelled really rancid....it was old wine I'd forgotten about (amazing in itself) I hope that smell stays with me, because that is what it was doing to me.
                      If we had the wire to let us go on a bender and then pick up the pieces and go forward the next day....there wouldn't be a nest...full of nesters. So you are in fine company. Byrdie
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Minstar, great job on your 30 day milestone! So many great milestones lately! I hope the headaches are improving for you. If you get the ones behind your eyes, stretch that side of your neck out as much as you can, it helps me sometimes.

I think I know what you mean about peaceful quietness. I like that phrase. Congratulations again, you deserve it and now you've earned it!
                        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

HEY LadyinNC ... You got lost in the shuffle back there. Welcome to the newbies nest. Join in the conversation- I usually just ramble on about whatever's going on in my head- it helps me sort out my thoughts and understand why I feel the way I do - which helps me to not drink. :-)

Phone post tonight so I will say goodnight.
                          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

I cannot believe it - my CEO has given me a bottle of the greatest red wine ever made - I love this wine, and have very rarely ever managed to afford it - I live close to Napa Valley and used to go wine tasting - this is my TOP fav, and well above my spending ability. This is pure torture!!! This really cruel - she said she chose it especially as she is aware of what a really hard year I have had professionally, but I have managed to succeed at work - and my teams have made our comapny very successful - so she want to give me a special treat!!! :upset::upset::upset:
                            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey SL- well done on doing so well this year for work. Sucks about the wine though. This summer I remembered that I also had a bottle of my fav that I was saving for a special treat....I was 2 months sober by then. I thought, would it be so bad just to drink it? But I knew my answer and what it would lead to. It just wasn't worth it. What you could do though is make someone else's day by giving it away as a present! You'll feel good about making someone else happy and you'll feel even better that you didn't drink it!!
                              "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
                              Goal 1- 3 days al free
                              Goal 2- 7 days al free
                              Goal 3- 1 month al free
                              Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

SL - gift that bottle to someone else, yuo know what will happen
                                Don't torture yourself by leaving it sitting around, get rid of it!

I was amiss at welcoming LadyinNC as well!
                                Glad you found the nest right away
                                I always ask newbies - have you read the MWO book yet? You can download it right from the Health Store here on the site. That's how I got started! Stay close to the thread & let us know your plan. Here's a link to our https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html which is filled with great ideas to help yuo make your plan.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X