Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Well i am home from work i was going to get a bottle but i talked myself out of it. Sitting here drinking tea which i do look forward too as i drink water all day. I have to work tomorrow but i am going to my sisters for xmas eve. That i am not looking forward too as she and her boyfriend drive me nuts to have a drink. My eldest daughter will be with me so there will be some support there.Still holidays and drinking seem to go hand in hand. Day 10 today hopefully i can get 11

Comment

Newbies Nest

twitt;1231816 wrote: Well i am home from work i was going to get a bottle but i talked myself out of it. Sitting here drinking tea which i do look forward too as i drink water all day. I have to work tomorrow but i am going to my sisters for xmas eve. That i am not looking forward too as she and her boyfriend drive me nuts to have a drink. My eldest daughter will be with me so there will be some support there.Still holidays and drinking seem to go hand in hand. Day 10 today hopefully i can get 11
      Well done Twitt! One thing at a time. You did a good job tonight. Does your daughter know that you're quitting alcohol?

Comment

Newbies Nest

A good answer if someone asks you why you stopped drinking.

because I can !

Comment

Newbies Nest

Twitt, hope you don't crater - you're doing so well. Good luck - stay strong.

Comment

Newbies Nest

oh yea niki is my strongest supporter and she lets me know how proud she is of me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Miss Twitt....you are doing great. You just get yourself to Day 13 and your thinking will just click. Something happens in your head that lets you see that this really IS something you can do! You hang in there and you will see...the nesters will back me up on this! Just hold on tight! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Twitt,
                I stayed home & away from the people who 'bothered' me the most for almost 3 months when I quit drinking. If your sister is that big of a problem consider getting a last minute headache or virus or something & stay home & safe

SL, stay focused!

Hi FlyAway, timpin, Unwasted & everyone. Hope everyone is having a relaxed evening.

Peace,
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oy...trying to unwind/relax after hosting house guests for 3 days. Bottles are calling me...NO, HELL NO!
                  BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

There ya go belle... Keep saying it. I sure felt like it a couple times today too! But now I'm able to assess the situation for what it really is and realized that I didn't have much for breakfast, nothing for lunch and it was going on 2 o clock. I was on edge and starving. once I ate the problem was solved. I do that kind of stuff alot and will have to be more careful. My sleep cd arrived today!

Goodnight everyone.
                    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everybody, unfortunately messed up. will get back. please think of me. wont come back until things are a bit better. sorry.
                      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Daisy,

We've all been there. Dust yourself off and try again. Don't wait until things get better. Keep coming here everyday for inspiration and encouragement, even if you don't want to post. I'll be thinking of you and hope to hear from you!
                        "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
                        Goal 1- 3 days al free
                        Goal 2- 7 days al free
                        Goal 3- 1 month al free
                        Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Belle,
                          Don't listen to the bottles - they talk crap

Daisy, c'mon & jump in the nest! It's the safest place you can possibly be!

Lola, hope that sleep CD works great for you. I have a few around here somewhere, really should look for them too.

Wishing everyone a safe & peaceful night in the nest.

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Twitt--I was thinking the same thing as Lavande. If you don't think you can go to your sister's without drinking, then get sick. Or show up and mention that you're stomach is feeling a little queasy and you hope you're not getting sick. Decline drinks because your stomach doesn't feel right and if their pressure gets to be too great then it's time to say that you're feeling so bad that you need to leave. Give yourself an out. You need to do whatever it takes at this point to stay sober. IMO lying is a good thing under these circumstances! Staying sober is more important than their feelings. You need to protect yourself until you're strong enough to be in a situation like that and not be tempted.

Belle--You are a saint for having house guests for 3 days! But booze will not help you relax. It will help to unravel your plans of sobriety and bring back a whole lot of anxiety and shame in the long run. Find a nice way to reward yourself.

Lola--I'm the same way! A lot of times when I'm having a craving I'm really hungry.

Daisy--Things don't have to be perfect for you to be here. I'm thinking of you and sending you strength. :l

Canadian--Good advice to Daisy.

Goodnight Lavande and anyone else I missed! See you all tomorrow. :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Guys,

Happy Christmas eve! I found last night very difficult, I'm nearly finished the J Vale book but I still couldn't get away from the stinkin thinkin. There have been lots of offers of parties etc from lovely people that I would normally meet up with but I'm just not strong enough yet. Then my hubby met friends of ours yesterday for a Christmas drink and I just felt sad. stupid I know, I am stronger than AL but just doesn't feel like that sometimes. I'm 70 days off it today so I'm proud of that. I won't let it get the better of me. My thoughts are with all of you today, we can do it, we are doing it. Also the best present we can give ourselves is to stay sober. Imagine the sense of achievement on Jan 1st! Off for a busy day. Lots of love to you all and thank you for helping me so much xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Merry Christmas Eve if you are celebrating!

I have a busy, busy day ahead so there will be absolutely no time for drinking or smoking for me

FlyAway, mrsg & everyone - I wish you strength, love & peace today!

I'll be back when I can to check in on everyone.

:h Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X