X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Wow, hello everyone & Merry Christmas!

Wonderful to see the creator of the Nest Mark
    We have kept the nest hopping, it's getting huge with lots of successful peeps, thanks!

Had a wonderful evening with great food, gifts, grandkids, kids & lots of cookies!!!!
    I know I'll be waking up Christmas morning with a clear head & ready to fix breakfast for my overnight guests.
    I wish the same for all of you - you can do it

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey guys. Thanks for the support on my two weeks. This up coming Tuesday is going to be my 3 week mark. It seems to be getting harder and harder. I think part of it has to do with the holiday season and everyone in my house drinking around me. I've also been having really bad cravings for smoking. I'm constantly irritable and pissed off all day long. I dont have motivation to do anything. Even with taking daily vitamins and glutamine this week iv been having super bad sugar cravings and eating candy and sweets and I know doing this is just going to make the craving to drink even stronger. I dont kniw how much longer I am going to last.
      Sober as of 12/7/11
      Goals:
      7 days - Complete
      14 days - Complete
      21 days - Complete
      1 month - Complete
      2 months - Complete
      3 months - ALMOST!
      6 months - not yet

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm with you buddy...it is really very hard at this time of the year and as you say with all the people around drinking up a storm. Please review why you wanted to quit in the first place. And count all the times just recently that you wanted to drink but didn't.

Not much help but please take one second at a time if that's all you can do. You don't want have to start your wonderful weeks of success all over again tomorrow!!!!
        Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
        (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Newbies Nest

Merry Christmas Nesters!!!!

Ruin, I hope you thought things thru last night & decided to skip the AL!
          AL won't do anything but make your chronic low mood worse - and I say that from personal experience. Make yourself step out of the self pity mode & work on your gratotude list. I'm sure there have been some good things happening within you in the past two weeks.

Hello & welcome MWOLady!
          Glad to have you with us. Have you read the MWO book yet? It's a great place to get started

Hope everyone is having a peaceful AF day!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for the very kind words...I was so happy to see the founder of this thread checking in with us! We are going one day at a time! Lots of success!
            Ruin, Santa Lav is so right, drinking ain't gonna do one good thing for you...NOT ONE. Day 1 is just too hard. Your mood will be all over the place in the next couple weeks, just ride it out and the going wil be MUCH easier. Just because everyone around you is drinking does NOT give you a free pass. We aren't worried about them. We are worried about US. And for us, that isn't an option. Start thinking of something else...anything else. Go back and read your very first post. You will see how far you've come in a short time of NOT drinking. Remember, the only way to stop drinking is to stop drinking....Stay strong, our wills are really being tested!!! Hang with us. Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Merry Christmas, friends!

Welcome to the nest, MWOLady and Scoobysnack girl! You've found the right place.

It is a wonderful thing to be AF for Christmas. It isn't all about me and my hangover, or me and my drinking. I can focus on the rest of my family and it is just so wonderful. There is so much to be grateful for during this season, and it is so nice to focus on giving.

Thanks to all my friends here who have helped me so much since I came here!
              "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
              AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Byrdie & Pinecone!

It is a wonderful thing to not be the focus of the day Pinecone
                Too much else to do, right??
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All

Best Christmas day ever. Totally alcohol free ! It's wonderful to be able to focus on others rather than sat around all day drinking wine and wondering where the next one is coming from or counting bottles to make sure I have enough. Wonderful as well to be able to remember the day clearly.

I know exactly what you are saying Pinecone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in. Wonderful to be AL free but still trouble sleeping. Welcome newbies. Hope every one else has had a strong al free day too. Strength and courage.

M

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, Everyone! It's been way too long since I posted, although I do check in and read often. This Christmas was my first sober one in a very long time. I'm still AF (since early July) and it has changed my entire outlook, the way I think and feel. Life didn't magically become easier, but I wake up feeling good every day now because a huge burden has been taken from me. What a wonderful, precious gift! Merry Christmas! I wish everyone a blessed New Year!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats to you timpin, MinStar & Clover!
                        An AF Christmas is special ~ be proud of yourselves

I hope all of our nesters have had a wonderful AF Christmas day.
                        Wishing everyone a peaceful & safe night!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

This is the first xmas I can remember not drinking since I was a child; I'm now 59 - now that seems like an accomplishment! Happy to say that I didn't have too hard a time - every now and then I kinda looked over at a glass of wine and thought for just a split second, then I moved on and didn't look back. It wasn't too hard at all - nothing like trying to recover from a hangover if I had indulged. Feeling happy and content.

Clover, so good to hear from you - thanks for letting us know it keeps getting better.

Welcome to the newcomers MWOL and Scooby, and congrats to everyone here achieving their AF goals.

Tim, isn't it nice not to have to worry any more - not that we let our guard down, but just that we're starting to enjoy being rid of the horrible struggle.

Min, my sleep has never been better - I think yours will get that way.

Feeling wonderful and so glad I didn't drink tonight!

Comment

Newbies Nest

well here it is, xmas nightdrinking tea and feeling not to bad.Had supper with my step brother and his wife and they don:t drink anymore so that was comfortable but xmas eve another story. Hard to pretend that i was happy as i was exausted from working and being anxious also about being around all that booze at my sisters. I was offered a glass of wine but refused being mad inside that i could not have a drink but i got through it. Happy that i was sober this morning but feeling resentful. Anyway tomorrow is another day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Good for you UW & twitt!
                              An AF holiday will become the norm for you whether you believe it or not
                              You will learn to really, really appreciate the the lack of hangovers, the extra cash in your pocket & most of all the lack os shame & remorse

Starting my day off with a trip to Curves then will see what else develops.
                              Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, all. I'm back home after nearly a week with my daughter and her family. It was a very special time and I'm so happy that I was able to take the time to stay with her over the holidays.

I was not 100% AF, but did not drink many more days than I did. When I did drink I admittedly drank more than I planned, but thankfully didn't do or say anything stupid. Now that I am back home again I'm ready to try once again to shake this disgusting habit forever. As many have pointed out its a lot easier to simply not drink at all than to try and drink moderately. At least that's the case for me.

I hope I am not wearing out my welcome here as I keep saying that my goal is to be AF, and then within days I cave again. All I can say for myself is that i will not let my embarrassment with my past failures stop me from trying again.

Anyone else ready to join me on Day One? If you've been lurking and considering giving it a go, or have tried and failed before there is no time like the present to finally get it right. For all of you who are already doing so well, you have my greatest admiration and I will use your successes to hopefully find my own path to sobriety.
                                ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                                -----------------------------------
                                Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Working...
                                X