Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi guys hope everyone is holding up ok? Its 8pm here and most of my friends have gone out partying, they think im crazy for quitting before the new year.. sadly none of them know just how bad of a problem drink is for me, I have an appointment with someone on 6th Jan for some help regarding this, im so determined to go in to that meeting and tell them I have been AF for 10 days.. but for now its day 4 and taking it one day at a time, looking forward to waking up on new years eve fresh as a daisy.

I got lots of housework done today and jobs I had been putting off for months, feelling really positive right now, but also that im missing out on some fun tonight... thank goodness for this place, and thank you to all you guys for your support

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fallen Angel, there was a time when I thought anyone who didn't drink was crazy, boring weird, etc. Just goes to show you that you never know how the road will turn. Give your friends a while, and they too might be looking for a way out. It's progressive, so just because someone doesn't have a problem now doesn't mean they won't end up with one. For most of my life, I never imagined quitting, and certainly didn't bargain for having a hard time giving up alcohol..........

I'm looking forward to feeling wonderful tomorrow. As Madman said on another thread - he's had plenty of regretful hungover horrible days, but he's never regretted a day that he didn't drink the night before.

Peace out all.:l:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Unwasted, So true the words of madman, so many mornings Ive woken up feeling guilty and really not liking myself.. and yes Ive never done that whilst Ive been AF You are also right about my friends, I think it will be only a matter of time before some of them will stop.. here to setting the standard

Well its quarter to 9 now and im going to go and give myself a pamper session to take my mind of things, catch u later

Comment

Newbies Nest

We all have one common wish for this year (I am from central Europe, so we already have the midnight feast here. It was my second day AF, and I pray to God almighty to help you continue. I am new and it is a total surprise how important it seems to me that out there my co-sufferers listen to what I say. I am still euphoric, so even on the second day the craving didnt appear at all. But I know it will, so I am taking Naltrexone everywhere with me. For years I have not enjoyed myself so much - clear thoughts, visiting my dearest friends by car (I never dared to drive at night, since from 6 p.m. on I was filled with vodka). Singing, kissing, holding lovely speeches, reciting my poetry and Roman Emperor Aurelius - and remembering everything. Thank you just for being there.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sufi!! We're glad you're here! It is crazy to think that a common problem unites strangers like this. All I know is that I am grateful to this place. I am very proud of your Day 2!! Day 3 is even bigger! You will feel 'chuffed' (is that the word you use??) See, I've learned all sorts of expressions from around the world! Stay strong my new friend, you will never regret it! Every day you put between you and AL is a good day! It is a victory. Here's to an easy, safe, happy and sober 2012!! xo, Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well I'm working the overnight shift at work, so definitely no drinking for me! :H I'm working until 8am. Happy New Year everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy NY nesters,

Comment

Newbies Nest

Howdy Nesters,

I have my DIL and 2 grand kids here so absolutely No AL in sight!!!!!!!
                  Not quite 8 pm, all is well

Wishing everyone a very Happy and safe New Year

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy new year nesters! I wish you all the best for 2012....especially Byrdie, who's been the source of so many kind words for me
                    Unfortunately, I let you down over Christmas. I guess the addict in me saw the opportunity where it's perfectly acceptable to be hungover or drinking at lunchtime in front of people and went for it. AL is a real beast. I'm home alone now on new year's eve, getting myself together and with at least the knowledge that people won't question why I've suddenly given up AL in January, because many people do it for that month. That's my plan anyway. I was never really wasted at least, but I did go along with all the drinking during the day....as I've said before, you've a drink practically in your hand in Ireland before you've had a chance to accept or say no. It's a hard oul station, as the saying goes, trying to quit the booze. Back to Day 1. No excuses this time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm so sorry to hear you are struggling Andrew! But you are right, you have the perfect Day 1...and we will make 2012 our first year sober in forever! Tomorrow will be a changing day...it's the day Andrew quit drinking for good! You can do it, I've seen you do it. We just got to get you to stay on point and not derail for anyone or anything. It won't take but a couple days under your belt and you'll start feeling like there's nothing you can't do. You know I'm true! Take my wing, and get on up in here and get comfy. Here's the butt velcro, extra strength. Happy New Year, dear friend! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy NY everyone - see you next year for an AF 2012. Andrew, dust off and come along.

Sending everyone peace and strength.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

So close yet so far.... I don't think I can stay awake!!! Happy almost new year nesters...:-)
                          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone,

I?m here too! I haven?t posted for a long time, but I have been reading quite regularly. I?ve been away from home for nearly 2 weeks with only my phone and can?t type at all on that thing. Just wanted to let you all know that you helped me to get past 100 days AF last Wednesday, followed by my birthday on Friday and now my first AF New Year Eve in over 25 years (except for twice while pregnant). THANK YOU!!!! I am so grateful!!

We still have just under 2 hours till midnight here but I am home safe! Kids are trying to stay awake watching videos and eating potato chips with husband. I told them I was going to bed. I?ve decided to make this holiday about the first day of the year but starting in the morning rather than at midnight. Will cook ?good luck? food tomorrow -- lentils and greens for me -- mochi, noodles and seafood for the others, followed by a nice long walk and a visit with friends. So much more pleasant than my usual hungover state on previous New Year Days. What a relief!

Glad to see so many others celebrating similar successes. A very special Happy New Year to Lolab (how are those cd?s working for you?) and Windy (I?m a vegetable growing maniac too!). You two are very close to your 100 days -- yippee! -- I know you?ll do it!

WickedMom
                            AF since 9/20/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Andrew from Ireland;1236155 wrote: Back to Day 1. No excuses this time.
                              Welcome back, Andrew! I slipped over the holidays, too, but challenged myself to not drink on New Year's Eve, so I'm happily on day two. Let's build up some momentum and write our success stories in 2012. What do you say?
                              ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                              -----------------------------------
                              Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Newbies Nest

WickedMom;1236231 wrote: Just wanted to let you all know that you helped me to get past 100 days AF last Wednesday
                                Congratulations Mom! What a fantastic accomplishment. You give me and other newbies a glimpse at what our futures can look like. Well done!
                                ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                                -----------------------------------
                                Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Working...
                                X