Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I heard all that nonsense about the CDs too but I bought them anyway & am so glad I did!
    The speakers voice/pronunciation was just a little unusual but it wasn't a big deal at all. I think some folks will use anything for an excuse

I just checked the current price of of the CDs - I spent $118 on wine without ever batting an eye. To me it was a perfect trade-off
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters,

Back and ready for serious quit now - no messing about anymore!!

Just wanted to congratulate MrsG - fantastic news

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL x
      You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi sufi, Congrats on your 4 AF days - you're getting there!!

SH, Congrats to you as well! That was some test you just put yourself thru - goodness

Hi Pinecone! Welcome back FreeFly!

CONGRATS on your wonderful news MrsG
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Steadyhands

What a star you are and what an inspiration to all of us. Reading you post I believe you have had to put up with the very worst form of torture and you rose above it and came through. It's interesting what you say about what drunks actually do through a pair of sober eyes. Personally I don't ever want to go back through that again and I know you don't either. Your post should be essential reading for all of those starting out on an AF life. As a fellow nester, I am proud of you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Proud of you too Steady - inspirational!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav - good to be back. Excited about my hypnos on their way - you put out that little wish for me - do you remember? Came true! Thanks to Oney

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you FreeFly!
                Maybe some day you can pass them you to a newbie & feel good about it
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Steady Hands - that's an enormous accomplishment. I can't imagine what your time was like, but it had to be really frustrating. So commendable that you stayed strong - it's about the toughtest challenge I could imagine. You are going to be so much better off with your life than those other people. You must feel really proud! :goodjob::goodjob:

Best to everyone in the nest. Gotta run.........:l Day 49 and going strong..........

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2 in the bag, feeling pretty good now the fog is lifting.
                    Big congrats to mrsg!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello everyone.. still suffering from my Bronchitis... finished my last antibiotic yesterday... still coughing and generally not feeling well...
                      Steady Hands welcome home, what a trip you had, it must have seemed like an eternity ...
                      Everyone sounds so good .... will post more when I am feeling better... take care and hope none of you come down with this stuff, it is hard to shake... considering all the vitimans I take I am amazed I caught it in the first place

Comment

Newbies Nest

Holy Smokes, Sufi, Thank you so much for those beautiful words! I am now speechless! (hard to do!) I really appreciate that more than you know. Wow....Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Unwasted halfway to 100 days tomorrow, nice!

Andrew, good job, keep going......

Herbie, bronchitis really is tough to get rid of - take good care of yourself!

Hi Byrdie, you have to know your presence is much appreciated here

Well, I'm calling it a day & wishing everyone a comfy & safe night in the nest.

lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mrs. G - missed your post earlier - that is wonderful - and to think you stopped drinking and then got pregnant.........fantastic.

Sufi, I agree with you - Byrdie insprires me too. I like the way she and Lav just lay it on the table. Supercrew is the same way - they cut through the b.s. and make us see things as they really are!

Everyone is sounding so good here - keep it going!:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day two complete for me as well. Good night all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have been on here before, to no avail - but everything is getting worse and worse, I cry often about my situation. Last night did not help; my sister who is 15 years older than me informed yesterday that my 26 year old nice who has been in Cali for a year now is talking crap about me, saying that I am a f*cking mess to my sis and my 2 other nieces who are 32 and 29 (I am the baby by 13 years - oops!) So I texted her (my crap talking niece) and she was so rude (alwaya has been, only child with NO discipline) and she cussed me out and said that she knows I am a drunk, yet when she was here it was always 'omg we have to go out and get shwasted fave aunt'. My entire family can't stand her, and I know she runs her foul mouth and thinks she is better than everyone and thinks she is soooo hot, but my feelings are hurt and now my once private problem is apparantly being opened up to my relatives in Minnesota, they do not judge me and they think she is a nightmare as well. I have cut off all communication with my niece. I know I have a problem, I see a counselor every week - I hate how I am and want so badly to change, I never thought that I would end up like this. I was VERY good over thanksgiving anf christmas this year because I have made an ass of myself in the previous years, so I am proud of that and proud that I went to counseling and got through all of the red tape on my own, no DUIs, no P.O., nothing, just looking in despersation to change.....vodka is holding me back from getting a full time job, I sleep 15 hours a night and have no energy or ambition to do anything and I hate it. Something has got to give here, I am waiting to just wake up and say 'I'M DONE', I think it is in me somewhere, I just need to bring it out. In September I spent a night in horrible nasty detox and was AF for 3 days, well that's all over and I am back to almost a fifth every 24 hours, it is expensive, I can't afford it, I hate it, the taste of the first drinks makes me gag, I vomit my water in the morning (or afternoon when I get up) and have horrible gastrointestinal issues, yet my bloodwork was normal 2 months ago (I take a lot of liver supplements - go figure), I just want to stop and feel my normal self again, I uused to drink socially. then it got worse, and worse, and worse, and here I am. HELP!

Comment

Working...
                                X