Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Back from a 2 week vacation and ready to rejoin my nesters...

Will post more later but wanted to say Hi and check in...
    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
    Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great posts Lola and MYOL

I gotta tell ya that last night when I woke up at my usual 3am I actually felt GOOD! I simply felt calm and peaceful and went right back to sleep
      MYOL - My sleep is now like heaven - it used to be torturous every night I drank. This alone will keep me sober.

Remember, as Supercrew says everyone, there are no reasons to drink, only excuses!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello All!
        Wanted to check in before I go back and try to catch up with all the postings. Made it through New Years...wasn't too hard, I was in bed by 9pm. LOL
        I just wanted to say hello because I thought I saw someone asking where I was the other day (UnWasted or Scottish Lass I think)...so I wanted to let you know it's all good! Day 8 of my new "continuous counting". Finished off the year 2011 with 257 sober days. No looking back on slips and failures, all I can do it take it from here...and I plan to!
        Hope everyone is well and feeling good. Now it's time for me to "catch up" with what you've all been up to.
        XOXO
        K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats Ruin!!
          I followed your posts and I am very proud of you!:applaud:
          12-20-2012 AF
          Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MYOLady -- Wow!! Good job on the plan. I felt like your posts yesterday were really honest and from the heart and I thought you really might just do this thing. Today...I am sure you will do this thing. Good work. Funny thing...Today for the first time I purchased some coconut milk and I noticed that was a part of your plan.

Hi Lolab. So ....Do I tell them or will you??? Lola has 100 Days. I think you are amazing and it has been a real treat to share this experience with you. You are a great example of living the AF life. Congratulations. And you thought I was crazy! Well, now you know I don't count very well.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lola - woo hoo - great job!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great job Lolab!
                "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

thank you windy and unwasted! At 30 and 60 days, I've always been a little confused as to whether I'm on day..... or if I wait until the next day to say that I actually accomplished it. ya know what I mean? It's a little like splitting hairs - but officially, I guess I have to fly through this day with my wonderful AF wings before I can say that I've lived 100 AF days consecutively. But between you and me? Even if someone holds me down and tries to pour AL in my mouth today, I am not drinking. ;-) or tomorrow or the next day or the one after that.......

I was just telling my friend ;-) that I finally finally feel at peace with this. Not that I wasn't committed before, but after having a difficult time at Christmas and making it through it, and with the new year - new beginning - feeling great - sleeping better - weight is down - no headaches for awhile! - it's really clicking. So my dear - no, you were NOT crazy. 100 days is a great amount of time to get your head clear about what you want....do I expect to have more difficult times? yep. I've read too much here from those who have generously shared their experiences to get complacent and think it's smooth sailing (Hi Gregorino!) ....but I've gotten a nice little taste of what my life can be like. And it's a helllllll of alot better than it was. So many times over the holidays I thought of last year. I literally drank 24 hrs a day....I went to appointments...I had people come into my home...I TRUDGED through every day....every hour. And I couldn't find it in me to stop. I was sick alot of days. It was a horrible horrible rat race to be stuck in. Thanks to everyone here for all the love and support. :h
                  ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks too, Pinecone. :-)

Unwasted, that's really pretty!
                    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lolab!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My word!!! 100 days Lady! Did you EVER think back then you'd be able to post those kinds of numbers????:wow:
                      I am simply in awe of you....you went for it and never looked back. I am so very proud of you! And Windy falls in next! It makes a nest mother puff up!!!
                      Now don't get complacent!!! Well done indeed!!! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lolab -- I am so glad you are feeling better than you did a year a go. If you ever find yourself complacent read that post again. It is a keeper for the file. You rock!! I can't even remember last year. I really hope I can unfuddle my mind.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lolab: Happy Hundred Days!!!
                          That is truly awesome...and inspiring.

I don't know what is wrong with me, except for needing another kick in the pants...feel like I am starting to take steps back into my old ways. Plenty of excuses, but I know that just doesn't cut it. Somehow with a 7 day goal, it doesn't seem so painful to me to restart . That probably doesn't make sense, but I am just going to set my sights on 30 days again. Day 1 today.

A big friendly hello to everyone in the nest...and let's get off to a great year together.
                          BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lola your description of trudging through every day when you were drinking - I can still remember that feeling so well. The agony of every minute when you're hungover. I don't ever want that in my life again. And I hear you about things really starting to come together now that you've gotten more time under your belt. The cost/benefit equation where the tradeoff to drink is so heavily outweighed by feeling sane and healthy every day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, Belle!!!! I'm just starting out too so I'll join you. I've just taken my first topa today. Feeling very spacy but not too bad. This is day two for me. Keep up your good work and we can support each other.
                              Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                              (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go LolaB, Unwasted & Ruin :wd: :happy: :yay: What a great start to the year :goodjob:

Lav - yes, absolutely intend to pass on hypnos once they've sorted my little brain out. Doing OK at moment but looking forward to their arrival - my thoughts need cementing!

Day 2 down I KNOW I'm going to kick it this time. Something's shifted. I know it's early days but I'm just not gonna let that part of me (stupid AL brain) overpower everything I know is just lying there waiting for me - beautiful new life. I can feel it, see it, taste it - just need to align myself up with it. Making these my dominant thoughts and not bloody booze!

Happy day/evening one and all
                                You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                                X