Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

MWOLady;1239525 wrote: yeah, we are often the products of our environments for sure. But we do have some choice. The choice to pick up a cup of tea instead of a glass of wine!! Thanks for sharing your experiences too. It's hard sometimes to remember sad times.
    I hate remembering bad times but do not get me wrong there was good times with my mom and dad. Just few and far between. I went and seen my addiction councelor today and to be honest i know more than she does about alcohol abuse. She is young but trying to get 25 years of bs in an hr is tough. Depression is my trigger which i already knew, but i will go back to see her plus the other doc on the 25 of this month. I have alot of bs to deal with and learning how to deal without al is going to be tough cause i have not done that in years. I don:t know where to start but today is day 2 for me with no al, tomorrow i do not know

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm older than dirt! My song is Mack the Knife!
      I was reading around the site today, and took particular pause at "Those living an AF Life". I can't find it now, I'm not the best at maneuvering this site, even after all this time. The question was asked by Chillgirl, she wondered of those who quit for good, what is the thing that finally made it click? There are some very inspriring posts over there. I am trying to put it into words in my own head, so I can post too. There was definately something different this time...because I thought I'd hit bottom at least a dozen times, and swore off AL....until I didn't, and decided it was ok. I am trying to really give this some thought, because I fully intend to never poison myself again with it, and that wasn't the case before. I always in the back of my mind, kept the door open...you never know, I said to myself. Well, I know now....my life is the best it's ever been (and my childhood sucked too), and that's because I am now in charge of it....not an abusive parent, and certainly NOT AL!! Wish I could direct you to that thread...I know Lav was on there, as she had a wonderful post, as you'd imagine, maybe she can show us where it lives.
      I thank God I found this place, it has made ALL the difference in my life. Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrd - you are such a wonderful inspiration here, too. I read all your posts. I hope you do put something down on that site because you're a wealth of AF wisdom!

Here is the link for the "Those Living an AF Site" all Newbies should read it!
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...-af-54406.html

Have a great evening all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

The song for my B day was Sh-Boom - The Crew Cuts

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am certaintly glad i came across this web site

Comment

Newbies Nest

My song was "It's My Party" by Leslie Gore - hmmm... perfect for me and I never knew who sang that before!!? :H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mine was "At the Hop" Danny and the Juniors.
                ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                -----------------------------------
                Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Newbies Nest

This is interesting--gives me a point of reference for the MWOuters who post.

Mine was "I Saw Her Standing There" by the Beatles. I was sure Paul was talking about me!
                  "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mine was elvis's it's now or never. My triplets was "do the bartman" by the simpsons:H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just checking in after a long day/night at work. I'm wiped out. Good night everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I hear ya fly....I didn't work today, one of my three had two wisdom teeth removed. It's been a long day just having that done...good night all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Juju- I am so jealous of your song! I love that one!

Mine was "Who can it be now?" by Men at Work. I've never even heard it before. haha.

Welcome Chicha!

Hypernova, you hit the nail right on the head. In the beginning, it is easy to quit IMHO. You start feeling better, looking better, have more energy, etc. But then a few months start going by and the mind game begins. You start asking yourself questions like "Can I moderate?" "Will 1 be so bad?" "I've been so good, don't I deserve 1 drink?". Then before you know it, bam! You're right back to where you were on day 1. Realizing that you should never drink again or can never drink again is kind of a hard fact to deal with. But once you learn that never drinking again is the ultimate reward you can give yourself and others around you, it becomes much easier.

Have a great day nesters!
                          "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
                          Goal 1- 3 days al free
                          Goal 2- 7 days al free
                          Goal 3- 1 month al free
                          Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 1 is bagged and tagged. :-)

Hugs.

Today I was stronger than AL.
                            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                            Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

My song is Elvis Presley "Good Luck Charm" - well, now I have another reason to succeed - I have a good luck charm! Wished I had known before :H. I have to look up the song now as I have no idea what it is!
                              Long day at work, and I did hanker to stop on way home and pick up a nice bottle of something......managed to drive straight thru, and poured a NA beer instead. Day 38 today and don't want to muck that up do I!!!
                              Lots of posts today, took me a while to read thru them all.
                              I agree MyLife - the post "those living AF free" is incredibly enlightening - one of the best threads around at the moment, some incredible stories on there - please go and read it!
                              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,
                                Hope I can join the Newbies Nest.
                                I'm on day 8. Feeling fab for not having any AL....but tired, have a sore head and a tad nauseous. Is this normal ?? Anyone else had any symptoms like this ? I'm hoping it's my body adjusting to it's new AL free self....

xxxxxxxx
                                Last Drink: 29/12/2011

Goals:

AF: 7 days :thumbs:
                                AF: 14 days
                                AF: 30 days

Comment

Working...
                                X