Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Twit, I'm sorry you feel so down today. Sounds like you are quite depressed. When depression hits me I can cry and cry and feel that I will never stop too. So I make myself be tough and don't start. I stuff all the emotion down. That's not good, you know. I take GABA now, and 5HTP too, and they mellow me out so much that the depression is going for good this time. Can you do a little research and see if something like that might me good for you? I hope you feel better soon.
    Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
    (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Newbies Nest

Twitt, so sorry you're down. Sending you a virtual hug. Can you try some of MWOL's suggestions?:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes and words of encouragement! With this site I feel like I've found my own little personal miracle. It's going to be a tough won struggle, but you all are my secret weapon.

So, it's just past noon and I was starting to get those "It's my birthday, I'll drink if I want to" thoughts, but I know I don't want to go down that road so I logged on. You guys have blown me away. I KNOW I can resist the temptation know, with your help. Thank you! It's going to be a marvelous day!

Dinny, welcome! You are going to love it here. We are on the same day, so I'll be watching for your posts.

PF... So funny that you haven't heard "Let the Sun Shine In" It was. One of the first records... yes records, that I ever bought. Great song.

I'll be back tonight. At the risk of repeating myself, thanks for the support. It really helped.
        ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
        -----------------------------------
        Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday, Irie!!! I'm so proud of you for surfing the crave!!! You will be so proud tomorrow morning! We will too. Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sober birthdays rock Irie ~ find out for yourself

SH, that was quite a story! All I could think of while I was reading your post was - It would be a cold day in hell before I go near any of those people again
            You are working hard to meet your goals, if a person, place or thing no longer serves you then stay away. Great job today

Twitt, long standing depression is what got me into drinking in the first place. It would serve you well to address the situation yourself:l
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday, Irie!!! :band2:

Let's make it through Day 3 together!

Internet was down here today, so I am way behind in everything. Hi to everyone!
              BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh yeah...my Birthday #1 song was "Tom Dooley, by the Kingston Trio". Never heard of that one, or the Kingston Trio either. It is a terrible song, just listened to it; about someone getting hanged for killing some woman. Can't find much positive in that...
                BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1240112 wrote: Sober birthdays rock Irie ~ find out for yourself

SH, that was quite a story! All I could think of while I was reading your post was - It would be a cold day in hell before I go near any of those people again
                  You are working hard to meet your goals, if a person, place or thing no longer serves you then stay away. Great job today

Twitt, long standing depression is what got me into drinking in the first place. It would serve you well to address the situation yourself:l
                  My doctor has me on a new pill for depression since dec 16 but my addictions councelor told me yesterday it could take a month before it kicks in and thankyou for the hug, i needed that

Comment

Newbies Nest

Belle, I'm with you on the bummer songs...mine's about a hired killer! What an era of songs back then!
                    Steady...looka here, I'm of the mind that I'm an adult, and as such, 'I don't wanna do what I don't want to!' ehehe, sounds like a child's statement. But since I got my quit on, I have learned that I must associate myself with people who will do me some good. I have simply outgrown people who sit around all day long and drink and trash other people to make themselves feel better. I don't consider this arrogance, but in my recovery I MUST associate myself with people of like mind...I just can't get down in the gutter any more...I won't! So move along, I say. I can't speak to the shared custody thing...haven't been in those shoes, but I do know that I can remove myself from an unhealthy situation, and by golly I do it! Good for you, you DON'T have to play!!
                    Twitt, I'm so happy to see you are still with us and participating. You are doing great! I don't know if you've ever tried to quit before, or have spent any time (to speak of) sober other than what you have going on now, but getting sober is an eye opening experience in every way. It is amazing the stuff I glazed over in an AL fog. Then I had no where to look but in the mirror....I was finally facing things for the first time in my adult life. At the same time I quit for good, I also got OFF of my antidepressant, Cymbalta. I know that it helps a lot of people, but I can tell you first hand that being off Cymbalta and off AL was the best boost of 'good' I ever did for myself. I was numb and numb-er on all that stuff! One morning after about 4 weeks off I woke up and it was as if my world was in color!!! Like Dorothy on Wizard of Oz opening up that door from Black and White to color! And I have felt wonderful ever since! YES, I have good days and blue days, but nothing like the numbing effect of Cymbalta!! Getting off AL was the best antidepressant there is...I would urge you to TRY and build up some AF days, maybe a good 3 weeks, and see if your mood doesn't perk up before going on an Antidepressant!! But whatever you do, don't stop taking the pills cold turkey....taper off them. The fewer pills I take the better I feel!!! Whataya got to loose??? You may be kicking up your heels and singing in 3 short weeks from now!! Just a thought, it sure helped me. Byrdie
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

:bday7: Love Freefly
                      You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

To Irie that is!!!
                        You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy birthday Irie!

Happy weekend everyone else! Jennyneric posted a thread about her weekend that got me thinking. I love my AF weekends now. They are so just so much more enjoyable now. They seem alot longer too. It is so cool to find the little nooks and crannies of the AF life as I go along. Another great thing is staying up late with movies and popcorn, not passed out early.
                          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pinecone, I so agree. It's amazing to be relaxed and enjoy a good book, or watch a program in the evenings. And then to fall asleep (I now understand that beautiful word - slumber) is a Godsend. And to wake up feeling refreshed and renewed. I will never forget the agony of waking up in the middle of the night, heart pounding, head pounding, to lie awake for hours, and then to feel wretched the entire next day. Gawd.......I don't ever want that again.

Sober is absolutely indescribably better.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Windy, I love your chicken. This is the Windy I got to know and love, so when you changed to Einstein, I felt kinda funny....(like loving a chicken is normal??)
                              Lav, I hate to say this, I know you love your chickens, but Stella's a bit on the homely side...I hope she has a good personality....eheheh. Your chickens rock!!
                              Stay strong nesters! Lots of good things going on in this little place of ours!! XXOO, B
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday Irie! :bday3:

Steady--Good for you for getting out of that party! Doesn't sound like much fun sober, does it?

Byrdie--You are too funny! Star Spangled Banner. :H

Twitt--Glad to see you here my friend.

Pinecone--I'm ashamed to admit that I spent many an evening passed out from drinking. Then I'd wake up at 3am sweating with my heart racing, trying to remember what happened. And swearing that I was done drinking. Until that night.

Unwasted--You just described what I was talking about! Seems universal to all of us.

Lav--I think depression had a lot to do with my drinking too. When I'd get a couple drinks under my belt I'd get happy and talkative and feel up. And that would quickly nosedive into more booze and often sadness and tears or anger and then a blackout. Ugh. Then the next day the depression would have multiplied. What a vicious cycle.

Comment

Working...
                                X