Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Jenniech,

Ouch! I know that must really hurt. Hope you heal quickly - there are all different kinds of wake up calls but unfortunately yours sounds like the painful kind.

Hope you are feeling better soon!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Jolie!!!!!
      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pain worse than childbirth? Holy cow! I hope you're okay, and like you say, get yourself back to the doctor if you don't feel better soon!
        ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
        -----------------------------------
        Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sufi What a lovely little poem! I too love to think of my angel guardian. I pray to him every time I have to pull onto the highway. He seems to clear a path for me and keep me safe.

Are you still using Naltrexone, Sufi? I seem to remember you posting about it in the past...or am I confusing you with someone else?

I almost drank tonight!! And this is day 6 for me so I would have had to start all over. That was what stopped me actually. That, and the fact that I did not really want to have alcohol in my body at all - I was just agitated, anxious, mad at my DH, pissed off, uncomfortable, irritated, and a whole bunch of other feelings too - in short I wanted to deaden all these feelings with a drug - and the usual drug I choose is alcohol!!!! So it's clear to me now after all these years that it's not the wine - it's the drug. If someone would hit me over the head with a hammer and knock me out so I wouldn't have to FEEL the pain in my life it would do the same thing.

So....I guess that means that I have to find a way to live through the feelings, right? I'm so glad I did not give in to this craving tonight. It only lasted for a little while. I cooked up a nice fatty pork chop (I eat low-carb), and we watched Raising Arizona and enjoyed a good laugh over it - such a funny funny movie! I took a GABA right away to calm me down, and will take more with some 5HTP soon and get to bed early and all will be well.

And I'm so glad I can come on here, and sort of report in, and that you all will be glad for me that I did not cave and drink!!! And tomorrow is my first WEEK DONE!!!!!!!!! Good night all.
          Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
          (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Newbies Nest

Getting ready to watch Mrs Doubtfire with the family...but just had to stop in to tell you, MWOLady, that you did a great job tonight talking yourself off that ledge! Nice going!!!
            :goodjob:
            BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Australia, we truly are powerless after that first glass. That's why abstinence works best for most of us.

Hello MWOL, twitt, sufi, Irie & Belle.

Jolie, wonderful to see you, stick around

jennie, so sorry about your fall down the steps. Did the same exact thing 11 years ago but landed on my head & paid dearly for that. Hope you are better very soon. Investigating new ways to handle our stress is all part of the program, we have to make the changes.

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech, thats what happened to me 4 days before New years eve and turned out to be a blessing. It grounded me, I couldnt run around like mad any more, I couldnt go buy fresh supplies, I was forced to lie down and reflect, and I saw suddenly, in a flash, where my drinking was leading. My hip injury was the last warning my guardian angel sent to me, and I took it seriously. Dont worry, it is a terrible pain, but it wears off to a mere discomfort within a week. Remeber, its a warning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MWOLady, thank you so much, I love to be praised for my poems.
                  It is true I joined in September, but that was only my first research. I was trying to find a way how to stop back then. I saw some hope in Naltrexone and found out as much as possible about it. I was desperate for help in concrete terms and never dreamt that real help would come from by far less tangible sources: a hip injury and the resultant flash of insight (according to carl Jung) that conquered my ego - namely, my ego has kept repeating for years - you can handle it yourself. I cant, naturally, as we all know. So after I found this forum, I ordered Naltrexone and received my first package in life just before the New years eve and never opened it. I am keeping it in my bag, to be used when the first signs of craving appear. In the meantime, I have my insight that really hurt, presenting a true picture of myself, and I have you, my lovely friends, and I have Carl Jung's splendid book Memories, Dreams, Reflections to understand myself and to fight my ego. I love my present sober life and do not want to lose it ever ever.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all --- this is my first day here. Kinda weirded out ATM

Comment

Newbies Nest

:new: I am trying to get the hang of this site! This is my first day here --- is there anyone out there??

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon Nesters!

So many posts to catch up on.

In regards to friends, relatives, etc. This is the time for you to be selfish now. You know what you can and can't handle. If you can't handle being around friends who drink, then just don't. If they are your real friends or true family they will understand and support you. IMHO when you quit drinking you realize who your real friends are and who just wanted a drinking buddy to drink with to make themselves feel better. Proven perfectly by the no call to FF. Those are the kind of people you really have to push out of your life. I am similar to UW in that I don't have many friends here and so the battle is really just fighting off the voice inside my head. My biggest problem is that when everyone else around me is drinking and I am not, it is 1000 times harder to fight off that voice. So I choose to stay away from those situations.

Australia- Al is so sneaky isn't it? Or rather the addictive voice in our heads is. You probably weren't even thinking of drinking and then bam! The voice in your head said "go get a bottle of wine" and so you followed it. Next time that happens tell that voice to F off and start doing or thinking something else. It was just a slip. A lesson learned. Don't think of it as a failure but rather as a stepping stone to your ultimate goal.

Sufi- Congrats on Day 9!!

Jenn- Sorry to hear about your fall! Get some well deserved rest and I hope you get better soon.

MWOL- good for you!

Kuya- Welcome to the nest! There are people here from all over the world, so time zones don't always match up. This is a really great site with lots of loving people, support, encouragement and inspiration. I suggest you look at the toolbox for some great tips on how to stay al free. Also make a plan or some goals for yourself. You'll feel really great when you reach them. Read as much as you can, ask questions, post, post, and post some more.

Well it's a beautiful Sunday afternoon here. I still have a meeting from 7-9 tonight, but I am 100% confident that I will make it through the weekend and then some. Off to walk the doggie now! Enjoy the rest of your weekends Nesters!
                        "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
                        Goal 1- 3 days al free
                        Goal 2- 7 days al free
                        Goal 3- 1 month al free
                        Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Canadian ! that has made my day. I was truly beating myself up about it but yes, day one here I go!!!!!
                          45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
                          New day 1- 9 January !
                          Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lavande - it's amazing that all it takes is one! And I am so glad there are people who understand.

I was so proud of myself for getting to 45 days!!! I just can't even understand why I went and did this. I have to stay on here and get the help of the amazing group that makes our nest great.

Butt Velcro please!!!!! I really need it tonight
                            45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
                            New day 1- 9 January !
                            Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Hello & welcome kuya!
                              Glad you found the nest! Please pull up a twig & settle in for a while
                              We are all in different time zones so there will usually be someone around - you're never really alone.
                              Have you read the MWO book yet? You can download it right from the Health store here.
                              Also, please take a look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for lots of great ideas to help you make your plan.

Australia, hope you found that butt velcro

canadian gal, staying away from potential drinking situations is wise at least until you are steady & sure in your quit - that worked for me.

sufi, hope you are doing well today!

Wishing everyone a fantastic AF Sunday!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Don't have a lot of time today - off to see my 90 year old dad who isn't doing too well. I'll try to catch up later. Stay strong everyone - and if you fell, pick yourself up, dust off, and re-commit!! Day 55 here - woo hoo! Welcome Kyua!!

:l:l:l

Comment

Working...
                                X