X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Dear Unwasted,

You've been here for so many of us, let us be here for you.:groupluv:

I hope your visit with your father is loving and meaningful.

Love,

Juja
    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for the well wishes everyone. Couldn't sleep, got up and made some hot chocolate and checked in with you! I'm going back early in the morning - thinking I should just stay with my dad so he won't be alone.......

Stay strong everyone - I really appreciate your thinking of me. I hope there is something beyond this life. Why is it that we know the inevitibility of death but that it still makes us sad? It's just a part of life, yet............so hard to let go.

This too shall pass............

xoxo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Irie, I totally agree that the first thing to do is to clear the house. It is easier said than done for those of you with families, but for me it is easy: I have been a widow for a few years (it was a happy marriage so I am a merry widow) and my daughter lives quite far away and I am the mistress of my home. My neighbours were quite surprised over the holidays - the usual scene used to be me borrowing some wine from them, and this time, as AL poured in with visitors as a gift - some expensive wine, chocolate liqueur, home-made bandies etc. in huge amounts - the moment the guests left I grabbed any type of Al there was and took it to various neighbours. Just in case I got any strange ideas, working long hours in front of computer. I adore chocolate liqueur, and to be sure, elevendays ago I adored anything containing AL. It is so lovely to live a new life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

unwasted: a quote from the wisest of men, Carl Jung, from his book Memories, Dreams, Reflections:
          “I could not say I believe. I know! I have had the experience of being gripped by something that is stronger than myself, something that people call God.” Death is just a passing, but it is a hard time anyway. Calm down. You must give your father courage with your serenity, and afterwards you must not burden his soul with excessive mourning. The soul must go on its journey, as Tibetan monks say, and our mourning ties it down and prevents it from leaving.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sufi - wise words. I'm actually reading books about Buddhism and finding profound wisdom on which to ponder!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sufi - wise words. I'm actually reading books about Buddhism and finding profound wisdom on which to ponder! And, I am familiar with Jung. Did you know the AA founder, Bill, actually studied Jung and I believe incorporated a lot of his ideas into AA. Not sure about that, but I think so. Anyway, thanks. Think I'll give sleeping another try. Nite all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters

Byrdie – Amen! The difference this time is simply to continue not to drink and reading how others feel after drinking again. I totally understand how you suddenly just chucked down some wine after 12 days. I was looking for non-AL peach champagne in the store the other day and couldn’t find it… and out of the blue I thought: Oh, just get your usual one!!!

Windy - I first thought I want to do 30 days, then if I could get to 12-12-12. Now I know I can never drink again. Forever works better for me too. Like I discovered that I have an allergy.

Kuya – Welcome!

Sufi – Good writing! I used to write too and just know how much you must feel and experience your angel too write such intense and endearing words to her/him.

Jenn – Hope you’re feeling better.

UW – Just know that we are thinking of you…

Australia – Hope you are done with D1 by now! Keep trying!!
                12-20-2012 AF
                Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Guys,
                  Hope you are all doing great. Unwasted, I'm thinking of you and your dad. Feeling really good but quite a bit of morning sickness. I still have cravings for AL though. It's weird but when I found out I was pregnant I thought , well i could have a drink or 2 as that is all I would be allowed to have. Isn't the beast awful!!! Of course I stopped listening immediately. I'll be up on 90 days on Sunday, I can't believe it but now I know it has to be forever but that feels fine. It certainly gets a lot easier with time. Hi to all the newbies, welcome xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Unwasted- that sounds like the best reward of all. Spending some much deserved real and present time with someone you love. Best of luck over the next days-we're thinking of you!
                    45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
                    New day 1- 9 January !
                    Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Everyone! I haven't been posting much during the last few months. But I do stop by and read nearly every day. As of today, January 9th, it has been 6 whole months since I had a drink! There have been so many positive things happening in my life, and I truly believe this is a direct result of me giving up the booze. For those of you who are struggling to get a few days, a few weeks, or a few months of sobriety .... don't give up! My life hasn't become magically problem-free, that's for certain. But I wake up every single day without a hangover, depression, anxiety or guilt. This is how we are supposed to feel. Well, off to work .... today is also my first day in my new position. Last week I got a promotion! Wow! I hope everyone has a wonderful, sober day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done clover, big achievement!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Nice to see you clover & CONGRATS on your 6 AF months, terrific

mrsg, 90 AF days is awesome! Continue to feel proud, happy & AF. PS: the morning sickness doesn't last forever

Unwasted, hope you got some rest. Thinking of you this week.

Greetings to SH, Australia & all the nesters!
                          Time for me to get going. Wishing everyone a good AF Monday!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, everyone. Busy morning already and I need to run, but I just wanted to check in quickly. Let's give it everything we've got and get ourselves through the next 7days AF. What a gift to ourselves!
                            ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                            -----------------------------------
                            Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Also checking in quickly....at work and will be busy all day...

Yesterday my remaining daughter (the other two have left for school) and I went to the museum to see a Rembrant exhibit. She wanted to get a soda so we stopped at the cafe and I ordered a tea. We sat down and the table next to us a woman was drinking a glass of wine. I could hardly keep my eyes off it it looked so good. It was chilled and I kept wondering why can't I just have a glass of wine like that? In the afternoon? And enjoy it? Why does she feel no quilt or anxiety?

Day nine for me...My daughter left this morning so the house is empty and I am alone again. Will swim tonight and hopefully make myself tired enough to sleep till tomorrow.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Just a quick check in to day and one small thing I wanted to share. At Christmas we were given a bottle of wine and I quickly stored it away and thought I would use it for cooking Chicken or Beef. Last night I am alone as hubby is off on business....and dang nabit, if I didn't think about that bottle of wine. The interesting thing is I didn't for one second think of opening it and having "just one". My thought went straight away to the "whole" bottle. Hummm????. To me that was a sign I will NEVER think in terms of moderation. I Didn't do it, but it was a strong craving none the less. This is an all out war and I am winning little battles.

Piper -- That has happened to me many times. If I can catch myself in the moment I try to imagine that poor lady drinking something very disgusting and smelly and wonder "why would she want something so vile"?? Not the "why not me" scenario. Don't feel sorry for yourself, feel grateful that you are not putting you're brain cells to sleep and upsetting your beautiful stomach. I don't know if this helps me or not, but I try and hope that over time I really will find it the way I imagine it.

Comment

Working...
                                X