Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

strugling - there are a list of numbers along the top of the newbies nest - make sure you go to the "last" page (right now it's 1713) to get the most recent postings. Good luck and ask more if you still have trouble ok?

Nursie, great job on day 5 and Tobi, welcome! 30 days on your own is amazing - join in and tell us about yourself and how you got this far, OK?
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

oh steady - I do know that even 2 months in, (and still!) sometimes my emotions are all over the place and my boiling point is a little "unpredictable"? I think it's all part of this process if that helps at all.

Pine cone thanks for the info on the course - I should have konw that...I am going to make a point to check into that in the near future.
      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

Newbies Nest

sorry for the multiple posts - it's been a very confusing morning! LOL

Jane, I wanted to be sure to post this - it's one of many threads/posts on supplements and nutrition. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ere-53531.html

Also, in case you and K9 haven't realized it, she can tell you about Antabuse. :-)
        ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Unwasted, no words of mine can make your pain any less. Please know I am thinking of you and praying for your strength. Much love, Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Unwasted, I too am sorry about your Dad. But your strength and resolve has come through during this most difficult time. Even though it is a sad time, you will have wonderful memories of you Dad through his passing.

Irie, I am still here with you! Weekends make me nervous, and as you mentioned in a previous post...you are getting worried. Me too. Let's just keep on racking up the days and forget about the worry. We are here and strong TODAY.

I wish I could address everyone here, that is so awesome of those of you who do. Seems like I am always in a hurry...or someone is about to look over my shoulder. I am happy to be here in this "crowd" of wonderful people going on a journey together.

Catch y'all later.:h
            BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

UW- I know there is nothing I can say to make you feel better. Just know that I am thinking of you and always sending you positive energy. It's great that you were there for him right up until the very end and that you were able to handle this whole situation sober. Not at all easy. You are so strong. I am so proud of you and inspired by you.
              "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
              Goal 1- 3 days al free
              Goal 2- 7 days al free
              Goal 3- 1 month al free
              Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey nesters,

I came so close to drinking tonight. When I got home from work, hubby and his friend were here. I was very happy to see both. Then hubby tells me 2 bad pieces of news. 1) The girl is coming tomorrow and staying a week 2) It's not one girl...it's 2. Two 13 year olds. F ing wonderful. I was (am) so angry and so very stressed because of the busy week ahead. I wanted to clean tomorrow to make sure the house looked good for when she came...that's out the window now. Not only that, my apartment isn't big enough for 4 ppl. The girls will have to take our bed, my hubby on the single spare (he is sick with a cold so he needs his rest) and I get to sleep on the couch.

BUT, I didn't drink tonight at the restaurant even though every table there had people drinking. I am going to save my energy so that I can rip my hubby's friend a new one when I see him.

Have a great night all

AF- February 16, 2012
                Goal 1- 3 days al free
                Goal 2- 7 days al free
                Goal 3- 1 month al free
                Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Jane! No escape route apart from work. I know I will be ok. I just have so much to do, I wont really have time to talk to them. How are you doing today? Feeling better? Are the cravings gone?

AF- February 16, 2012
                  Goal 1- 3 days al free
                  Goal 2- 7 days al free
                  Goal 3- 1 month al free
                  Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 1done. Thanks to words w/ friends and scrabble to keep mind busy. And I didn't get off of work until 8, that helps. At work again today, but a long w/e ahead. This is the last w/e of hunting season so DH will be hunting a lot which means I have a lot of spare time on my hands....to think about AL. Reading, the iPad, and MWO will be my saviours....ck in later. Hope everyone has a fabulous day!
                    Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                    -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

Unwasted;1243794 wrote: Hi Nesters,

Just a quick check in for me today. My dad died yesterday afternoon, and I actually witnessed his last breath. I have to tell you, that's a very strange experience, but one I'm glad I was privileged to have. He seemed comfortable and it really was better that he passed - he was 90.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your support and comfort - it meant a lot to me.

Tomorrow marks my 60th day sober, and the handling of my first big life issue without the crutch of alcohol. I'm finally understanding on a deep level that there is absolutely nothing that alcohol makes better - the price is always much greater than the perceived good we get from drinking.

:l:l:l
                      Unwasted I am so sorry for your loss. I was with my father too when he took his last breath, and as has already been said it will stay with you forever. I'm so glad that you were and are sober and can actually feel and deal with this event. Positive vibes and strength to you. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Unwasted - Big :l for you. I'm so sorry about your dad. It was so good that were able to be there with him. Please know that I've been thinking of you.

Jane-Did you have questions about Anatabuse? I haven't read all the way back this morning, but I thought I saw it mentioned. I am somewhat of an expert on it since I've been taking it for almost 2 years (on and off, obviously). I credit it for my long bouts of sobriety. If you want to know my experience with it, I'd be happy to tell you!

Day 18 for me, and finally Friday!!! I am off at noon today (thanks to mandated "furlough" days...another perk of working for the government...time off with no pay). But the bright side is that I get a 3 1/2 day weekend! I have about 6 books at home, and some videos I rented from the library that I need to pick up. They are all alcohol/addiction related. Guess I was feeling the need to "see" proof of how horrible drugs and alcohol are (again) when I rented them. When I first got sober, I spent a lot of time watching movies about addiction, so for the newbies, there's one idea of how to spend the weekend!

CanadianGal - I would be so MAD if someone forced company on me...I completely understand how you feel! Two 13 year olds???!!! I like your plan of saving your strength to rip this "friend" a new one. I'd do the same thing. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you peace...stock up on drinks and snacks....maybe you can rent some movies for them, and I'm sure they will spend a lot of time on the internet (if you let them). Hopefully they will keep each other company for the most part

CatBelle- Awesome job on day 1! I know the weekend is looming and may seem overwhelming, especially with your DH (I just found out what that means...lol) away and you having so much time alone. Lonliness is my big trigger...and since I am the only adult in the house...well I am lonely a lot. But you can do it! Amuse yourself in other ways, mindless TV, good books, cooking...you'll be suprised at how quickly it gets easier to stay away from alcohol. Good luck, and I'll be thinking of you.

To everyone else, I hope you all have a good weekend! Stay strong. Weekends are just days, no reason to view them as a pass to pour poison down our throats. Remember:
                        1) A craving never lasts as long as a hangover; and
                        2) You'll never wake up in the morning wishing you'd drank the night before

:h
                        K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good day Nesters,

Unwasted, I'm glad that your Dad passed peacefully & you were there with him. May he RIP.
                          Handling this with a clear head will be a testament to your strength & growth.:l

Hello & welcome to Tobie & strugling! Glad you found the nest, please make yourselves comfy!
                          If you haven't already, be sure to download the MWO book from the Health store here on the site.
                          Also, be sure to visit the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for lots of great ideas to help you make your plans

Canadian gal, uchy: to that doctor dumping those kids on you!
                          Doctors are not well known for their pleasing personalities :H

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday.
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest.

Unwasted - I'm sending you hugs and strength. So sorry to hear about your Dad and so happy you could be there with him. :l

Canadian Gal - hats off to you. I think I'd go ballistic right now if someone did that to me! I'm testy enough as it is without my usual "crutch" around!!

I'm with K9 - I told my husband I don't want friends/visitors any surprises this weekend. Just some long walks, reading and mindless videos - or non mindless about addiction - would be fine! Thanks for the ideas K9 - and I started Cupcake Browns book yesterday - I'm riveted!

Catbelle - good job on Day 1. :goodjob:

Lav - great to hear from you as usual! I love your quip about Dr's and their lovely personalities!! :H

Wishing EVERYONE a wonderful AF Friday day in the Nest.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Snow finally got here today so I plan to have a quiet weekend reading....freezer full, TV working fine, internet connection AOK - what more could a gal want? And day 12 AF!!! All is well. Have a great weekend everyone. Welcome newbies - this is a great place.
                              Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                              (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Newbies Nest

MWOLady - Sounds like you're all set! Enjoy it!

I mentioned earlier the movies I am picking up, well one if them has english subtitles. Now back in my drinking days there would have been no way in hell I would sit down and "read" a movie, I'd have been sitting there with a drink in one hand, and using the other hand to cover one eye (to stabilize things, you know). So tonight I'm going to read a movie, and actually understand/remember it!
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X