Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Tonight DH and I are going to watch an old Paul Newman movie - I definitely want to be sober for that puppy!!! Don't want to miss a THING!!!! Hope DH doesn't mind a little drool....
    Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
    (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All

Just a quick check in as it has been a really hectic week and a busy weekend so very little time to go through recent posts. Today was 70 days AF for me and it feels really great. I saw my doctor today and I have decided to quit the Campral in two weeks time and go it alone. No cravings at the moment so all is well for me. I do think going to the gym regularly is helping and of course a good wholesome diet means I lost around ten pounds already. Life is brighter ! I only read this page so well done to reaching day 12 and of course well done to all of you who are fighting the booze.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Timpin, you are a Model Bottle Battler. if that's a word. It only gets easier from 70 days, too. You can do it...your investment of time in your quit is too dear to give up now!!! Guard it with your life!
        MWOLady, I had to chuckle at your visuals...drooling over Paul Newman...it is true, he was a fine looking man!
        Unwasted, can't get you off my mind....how do you let go of someone who gave you life? Well, mostly, I guess because you have no choice. My heart is with you and I hope sadness will be replaced with only good things.
        Be strong tonight nesters! Friday the 13th! Remember Lav's words! Friday's just another day (finger pointing to the heavens!!) (I always picture Scarlett O'Hara saying that for some reason!). Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady wrote: Sufi, would you say there's been a change to your thinking as of Day 13? I found that to be the case. I really encourage nesters to make it to this milestone. For me, it was the day that I thought I really COULD do this longterm....it wasn't impossible. Everything just clicked on that day. Well done!!

Unbeleivable, but true: today was my day 14 and everything began to be smooth and certain, as if I really was saved, as if danger was diminishing and becoming less threatening, as if my not drinking were a normal fact of life. It is easy to change convictions, said my Reiki teacher; what is really difficult is to change your habits. Listen to what Rumi says about that:
          ?Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
          Watch your words, for they become actions.
          Watch your actions, for they become habits.
          Watch your habits, for they become character.
          Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.

Imagine, I found that on Internet yesterday, on my day 13, and I immediately printed it and posted it on my door, to be confronted with it every time I pass it. I know now what destiny I want to be mine. Freedom, freedom!

Comment

Newbies Nest

What's DH?
            Anything I can Believe, I can Achieve!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Unwasted, so sorry to hear about your Father. You're in my thoughts.
              Anything I can Believe, I can Achieve!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Unwasted -My condolences. It sounds like a very deep spiritual experience and it sounds that it is shifting you in another direction.
                Your posts had me thinking. Life and death. What we are trying to create for our own children and in the end of our own life’s we don’t want to be lost in an addiction. We want to be able to know that we faced the scary stuff that stunted our potential and made the most of our lifes.
                Very good that you were sober to see his last breath and to take in all the detail you might need for your journey further in life.
                Good luck with the next few weeks.
                12-20-2012 AF
                Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Believer, we had a good chuckle over this earlier in the week. The meaning of DH depends on who you ask. To most people, DH stands for Darling or Dear Husband, but to Lav, it stands for Dick Head!!! Bahahaha!
                  Sufi! Thank you for posting that!!! Didn't I tell ya if you just hang on til Day 13!!!! It's just nuts the difference it makes! I can't tell you what being a year (almost) does, but you will really not believe it!. I'm going to write out that inscription you posted on a sticky note. I like having things like that around me for inspiration.
                  I am hoping to hear from Andrew...today should be his Day 13 too!!! Way to go!!!!! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Canadian Girl – Good luck with the 2 teenagers!! If they want English … give them some!!

Jane – Glad you like it! It comes from reading a post were (Noal?) explained that after 4 years of sobriety he had one drink and it took 13 years to quit again!!

Sufi – Great words. So true. We are very powerful and can create an incredible AF life and character for ourselves!
                    12-20-2012 AF
                    Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1244172 wrote:
                      I am hoping to hear from Andrew...today should be his Day 13 too!!! Way to go!!!!! Byrdie
                      Oh hey Byrdie Thanks for thinking of me!
                      13 days, yep! I feel really really superb.
                      Just gotta get this weekend out of the way and then I'll really be on a good run!
                      Have a great AF weekend everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

You can do it Andrew!

I used to think after working hard all week and dealing with stress at work, that I "deserved" a drink on the weekends (ummm and by "a drink" I really meant a bottle of wine each night).

I'm changing my thinking to "I deserve a peaceful, productive weekend that I won't regret come Monday morning".

Do whatever it takes to distract yourself from thoughts of AL - I bet you'll be glad you did.

Hope you have a great weekend!
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow nesters - such great things going on here!

Steady Hands - thank you for your sweet post. And you're right, I do think I've been going through something spiritual revolving around my dad. It was so amazing and strange to see him stop breathing - just like that. It does make one think deeply regarding what matters in life.

Fly Away, Byrdie, Believer, CG, Belle, Lola, Irie, Nursie, Jolie, My Life, K-9, Lav - I got all your positive vibes, thank you!

Tim, awesome on your 70 days - Andrew on your 13!

MWOL - Paul Newman - you're really dating yourself. He was a cutie, wasn't he!

Struggling and Tobi and Jane and Cat Belle - hope you're still checking in and doing well. Hope I didn't miss anyone..............

Sufi - I love that poem - beautiful and profound!

Stay strong everyone - remember how good we are all going to feel in the morning!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Unwasted, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Just a quick check in the nest tonight for me, I still have to deal with alot of snow.

Stay good!
                            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Paul Newman = :h

Good evening Nesters!
                              Sure hope everyone is snugged into the nest tonight - soooo cold & windy here
                              Wishing everyone a safe AF night & weekend!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone.
                                Unwasted, I am glad for you that your father has passed on peacefully. There is also something spiritual and beautiful about being part of that moment. My great aunt passed in the Summer. We called to the hospital the 2 days prior to her death. She was ill but alert with her family and friends about her. I have honestly never felt such love and holiness in a room before.......
                                From how you have spoken, I feel you were prepared and I wish you and your family peace and love in how you move forward.....
                                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Working...
                                X