Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Unwasted
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. I was with my dad when he passed...I will always be thankful I was there with him

Everyone sounds wonderful

Hope everyone has a peaceful weekend

Comment

Newbies Nest

Unwasted, I forgot to tell you how sorry I am that your father has died. Although at 90 it was his time after a long long life. Thanks be to God he died in peace, with family at his side. Good for you that you were there, sober. I was with my mother and when I got home the first thing I said to DH was "I need a drink!" And it was 11 am.....

Just finished the Paul Newman movie - oh brother!!! what a hottie!!! It was old, but even in black and white he smoulders. Gosh, he's gone too - time goes by...
      Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
      (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!

Feeling pretty good despite my lack of sleep due to stress. I took my 9 minutes this morning after I hit the snooze button to try to release the negative energy inside me and get my positive energy flowing. It worked! I figure these teens are probably scared S***less about having to stay in a strangers home for a week, so I am going to do all I can to make it a friendly environment for them. My apartment is teen friendly with a wii, x-box, shelves upon shelves of dvds, an i pad, the net, and of course, they will have loads of homework as it is there winter holiday. This will be also be interesting for them as I will treat them as if they were on my own children (I don't have any yet, so this might be a good test run). I will teach them how to make their own breakfast, make their beds, clean up after themselves, etc. Knowing Chinese families, their moms do all of that for them. But there are no free rides in this house!

I managed to clean the house this morning and now I am off to work.

Good job to everyone on here...sorry no time to personalize this morning. Have a great sober weekend all!
        "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
        Goal 1- 3 days al free
        Goal 2- 7 days al free
        Goal 3- 1 month al free
        Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Canadian girl, I'm glad to hear that. It was the adults here that did not take your feelings into account and the girls would be unaware and probably upset if they knew.
          Teenagers get so much bad press and it often annoys me; they are a lot of fun - I should know with 16,17 and 18 yr old girls and a son who's 20.
          I have a sneaking suspicion you might end up enjoying them - they'll likely teach you a thing or two as well.
          Enjoy!
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Unwasted I'm so sorry for your loss. I drank the day my best friend died and then quit for thirty days. I never remember feeling such raw and cleansing emotion. Emotions were never meant to be covered up with our booze!

Which leads me to my almost eff up today. I have been having such a hard time at work, for such a long time. Today was probably one of the worst days in a very long time. I felt misunderstood, misrepresented and undervalued. And believe me, I am a stellar employee. Even when I was drinking regularly I was still doing great, but now I am doing exceptional. Nothing went right today and I felt like my character was in question. This may very well not be the case, but I am running on empty.
            I drove home and passed all the liquor stores.
            I got home and started making dinner.
            I called Mr. Nursie and asked him to buy a bottle of wine and he said ok.
            I said a prayer.
            He came home with no wine and I didn't ask for it.
            The craving subsided and I felt the feelings. I still really feel the feelings. But I am sober and rational and tomorrow is another day.
            Tomorrow, is Day 6.
            Day 1 again 11/5/19
            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick post for me tonight. Visiting family this weekend who don't really drink, so that takes the pressure off. The next few days should be pretty easy, I hope. I hope everyone has a good plan for the weekend. Let's stay tough!
              ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
              -----------------------------------
              Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Looking for velcro! Did not check in last night and today am really struggling - would really easily just sit and enjoy a glass of wine. These are quiet feelings, not strong cravings, just a really quiet soft desire for a drink....it feels so different, but so easy, almost comfortable and a little scary. Checking in is helping, and reading everyones posts.
                Nursie - you should be so proud of Mr N, give him a huge hug!
                So much going on in the nest, such a good safe place, thank you all for being here....and i am really looking forward to waking tomorrow having managed this...
                Siad hello to you UW on the otehr thread, but a hug here too!
                K9 - hope the highlights have worked, my daughter has a blue streak and yes, i did it for her :H
                Well done to the 13dayers - Bryd swears that is the hump day, so congrats!
                I haven't quite got back thru all the posts - Friday 13th almost over!
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking back into the nest as I had a big slip tonight...I'm up in the middle of the night and hoping I will feel better after stopping by. This past evening I was much more than H A L T: I was Worried, Anxious, Frustrated, Overwhelmed and Depressed. Not reasons to drink, but excuses. Feel like a total ass. I am not a young woman, but I have young kids...and aging parents. Sometimes it all gets to me and I need a way out. Husband works...a lot. And I have to deal with it all myself. Tonight things happened and all the planets aligned such that I felt no option but to throw myself under the bus.

On the plus side, I am in a much better place than I was 3 months ago, when I was drinking almost daily. I still run around like a chicken with its head cut off (no offense to your chickens, Lav) and can deal with things most of the time better than I ever imagined. I know what I want, and that is to be sober. I have plans in place to get me through most of the time, but what I am lacking is an "emergency plan". Need to make one, does anyone else have one?

I want to feel better about myself...and so I start again. Is there any super duper butt velcro available??? Thanks for listening.
                  BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just quickly checking in. Have to spend time later catching up on all posts .
                    Unwasted- so sorry to hear about your dad, it must have been so very hard.
                    Belle- I did have my slip 6 days ago but am back 6 days af.dont be discouraged, try avoiding the urges/triggers. Having littlies must be stressful but much more so when drinking too . U can do it!
                    45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
                    New day 1- 9 January !
                    Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nest! Starting my Day 14 here.

I'm up really early as I went to bed really early last night. I was tired, grouchy and HALT was all over the place with me last night. My DH and I went out for Pizza and I was SO close to getting a glass of wine...which we all know would have turned into a bottle eventually...luckily when the waiter asked what we wanted to drink my Hubby said "water with lemon" and innocently said to me he didn't need the extra calories with the Pizza. So I got my sparkling water, came home and went striaght to bed. I'm so happy now for that chain of events! I think if he'd ordered wine or a beer I just couldn't have resisted, I'm so thankful that didn't happen.

Belle - jump right back on the wagon. We have all been there - you can do this.

Scottish - you are doing so great! And I felt your pain last night. One post I keep reading is the post by Mohun - I want to experience 15 months sober - so I read that post often as a reminder of things to look forward to. For those of you who never read it: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ml#post1238219

Canadian Gal - good job on turning your stress into a positive. This could turn out to be a really fun experience for you!
                      Nursie - great job on making it through!!
                      MWO - Glad you enjoyed your Paul Newman evening!

Everyone else in this busy nest - I'm reading and rooting for you all! Have a fantastic AF day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone!

Belle - I just replied to you with a huge post on another thread and before I could hit the old submit button, it just simply disappeared. Without risking carpal tunnel, in a nutshell, coming back here even after a slip is so so important! With 3 "attempted" quits under my belt and working on my 4th (and with God's help, hopefully FINAL), I have learned the hard way. Too ashamed and embarassed to come back here knowing everyone else was doing so well and I had slipped. That led to slowly getting back to a bottle a night before I came to my senses and came back to MWO. I have been accepted with open arms and absolutely NO judgement each and every time. If I had stayed here after the slips, I feel I might be where Byrdie and so many others on this site are now - living life AF and LOVING IT!

Please don't be too hard on yourself - :l:l:l - there - does that make you feel a little better? Today is a new day and a chance to make it an AF one.

To everyone else - hope you all have a wonderful day! Starting day 13 AF and feeling strong. Praying I will continue to feel this way - I'll be back tonight to check in. Feel like I've got to hit submit before this goes away again!

Happy sober Saturday everyone!
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning. Belle listen to Jolie she is right. Work on that emergency plan. Now you know what you were lacking. I'm extremely p'd off frustrated and tired after a 3 am wakeup call and at the ER with my mother. This was not supposed to happen. So I apologize I wish I could help you with that plan but my phone battery is dwindling along with my patience. :-(
                          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry Lo - I know you've been struggling with your mom's situation for a while. Hope she's okay and you are able to get home and take a much deserved nap today!
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters

Nursie & My Life - I am so impressed with your husbands! They were stars!!

Belle - What you describe sounds like a lot of stress. I am with small children and one BIG reason for not going back to my ex is that I wouldn't have 3/4 nights a week for myself!! My parents (mom& stepdad)are aging and it worries me to see it, but they are still able to take care of themselves. Good luck with your situation and just keep tryng!

I have a question. I am now 6 months NF and 2 months AF. I started drinking juiced stuff 3 days ago and drank about a liter of it undiluted. Beetroot, grapes, cucumber, apples, lemons and figs, because we have a tree full of it now. I am now swollen all over my body (edema) and my lymph nodes are tender. I know this site doesn’t replace going to the dr. and if it persists I would go. Just curious if any of you had “detox symptoms” like this?

I have been doing a lot of gardening and suspect it could have been a spider/ insect bite, but I have no rash or bite mark.
                              12-20-2012 AF
                              Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good luck Lolab! Hope everything works out fine.
                                12-20-2012 AF
                                Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X