Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Hope everyone is having a good night. Never had a chance to check in this morning, busy!!!

Lola, hope you are OK, not sure what's going on with your Mom.

SH, it sure does sound like you are having an allergic reaction to something and/or possibly fighting off a viral assault Enlarged, tender lymph nodes usually means your body is fighting something. Hope you feel better very soon.

Hello & welcome snuf!
    Glad you found the nest, it is a good place to settle for a while.
    Getting in control of your life is the best thing you can do for yourself! The MWO book has a lot of good info for you. Making a good plan for yourself is essential too. Take a look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for lots of great ideas to help you get started Visit & post daily ~ really helped me out a lot!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the info!! Will definitely check out the tool box
      Snufdizzle :h

Good things come to good people that work hard at being good.

Comment

Newbies Nest

btw snuf,

I meant to mention to you that taking Rx meds is an option that some people choose.
        I chose not to take any, lots of people don't for one reason or another. That is something you will have to think about
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone! I'm just a newbie so take it easy on me!

Just kidding. I can take it.

I look forward to my stay here! Cheers!
          A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi VS, everyone is gentle here. nearly over day 1 and wanting just the one glass of wine but nothing in the house and kids here visiting. think it will be a very early night and moving on to day 2 tomorrow. AL is just so destructive in my life and the blackouts are getting worse so going to try again and hopefully slay the beast. Best of luck
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Available: you can defeat the AL monster, he's not that strong when you have been AF a while, and have a good plan, have u read the tool box? its very useful when u crave a drink
              I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
              Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Newbies Nest

pink cat i keep losing the toolbox thread. can u repost for me pls. i did 11 days before and thought the mod thing i cld do and well nope been drinking again on and off so i know i can do it and actually had a date with a man i am quite keen on today and dont want to do the drunk phone calls etc, i want to be normal or as normal as i can be and that is by being AF. im feeling ok now, having a berocca and feeling good. thanks for caring
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back to day 1. Not really ready to talk about it and still need to face all my family. I made an idiot of myself last night. I'll be back later. Hope everyone else fared better this weekend.
                  ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                  -----------------------------------
                  Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone. Back to try and fight the good fight. Great to still see all this love and support, you are great people xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Sunday nesters.

LolaB just wanted to send you and you mum healing thoughts. Big :l:l from me
                      You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi I am new and still a wee bit lost on this site so far been AF for 8 days
                        Stella

Back to the beginning day 02 Jan 2013

Grateful for MWO :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All. For those of you just starting out :welcome:

And for some who have been here a long time, but have just made that tough climb back on the wagon :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob: - you know who you are.

It's the toughest thing to do, believe me, I know having done it about a million times. I always felt like such a fool. So embarrassed too, so ashamed of myself and on and on. But what the heck is the good of that. What's done is done. The past doesn't really exist anymore. The future doesn't exist yet. The present moment is all we have so make that the only moment you can make a GOOD moment.

What I like to think about is that everyone has things in their past they are ashamed of. So when you thing they are thinking of the stupid things YOU did, don't worry. They have some stuff that comes up in their minds too.....and they will forget your stuff. So hang in there. Day one starts today..:h:
                          Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                          (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks for that it really lifted me up I am feeling quite excited about the future :h
                            Stella

Back to the beginning day 02 Jan 2013

Grateful for MWO :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey my dear, i also feel hopeful and excited about your future.
                              Hugs
                              Clare

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome to Rups and Stella. It won't take you long to feel comfortable here. I think reading through the boards is the most important thing you can do right now - so much imformation. Stella, well done getting to day 8.
                                Irie, stay strong, this too will pass......:l
                                Day 7 for me....yeeha! Have a great day all!
                                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Working...
                                X