Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning Peeps,

Dill-I have a GPS if you know how to work it!

SD-When's the big day? look at all the help you're going to have moving! LOL! I moved from Ohio back to Indiana about 15 years ago to be closer to my Mom. Nothing wrong with being a mamma's girl.

Sea-Thanks for the Starbucks. I love Starbucks. Have you checked out the dental colleges in your area? I know they do cleanings for around $7.00 as part of their final exams. It might be something for you to check out. Maybe the unemployment office might have some ideas for you?

Hope everyone has a great day!
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi SD-cross post
      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Fellow Road Trips Buddies!!! This is shaping up to be a great road trip! June sounds like a great time to commence. Sunscreen for Arizona for all you little birdies. When you swing by Oregon, bring your umbrella and sunscreen. You never know what is going to happen here :H

GPS is a great tool. I am directionally challenged, so I can be of no help navigating :H

Sea, I hope you get your doctor to prescribe the meds and that the staple removal doesn't hurt too bad. I agree with the suggestions by Lil as far as getting a dentist. Here's a big hug for you :l

Good Morning SD and Dill. Growing up with a teacher as a parent, I certainly do appreciate what you both do. Happy Teacher Appreciation Week :l

Lil, hope your back is feeling better today. I could have used a nap yesterday myself, hope you got one in!

PR, good luck with your marathon days. G will be comforted and loved so much.

Hello Beginning, Sumo, UNG and anyone else who stops in. Happy day before Friday!! Have a good one.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the suggestions and the Hug. I can always use a hug. I have a job interview on Monday. I hope they can overlook the broken tooth.
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok, nesters! Another kind of quiet day here.

I am flying in for a rest.

Hey, Sea! I hope your Monday interview goes well because you deserve the best!:l

Goodnight all!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am flying in for the night. I will be on the RT (reading twig). I am desperately behind on my reading in one of my classes. I will talk to you all in the morning. Light is on and G has been loved!

Nighty night!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters--
                SD flying in to find twig as well...one tired bird here!!
                ***(after rereading you may just want to skip down to the question...I tend to ramble for quite some time...I'm in deep thought mode tonight...sober even!!) :H
                Ok--question and confession...you all know I did the AF April...since then I've drank twice...once on Friday (a drink and 1/2) and then on Tuesday when I found out about my house (I celebrated...with a bottle of wine...opps). Normally I would have/could have put away much more...but didn't just talked to everyone about the house while sipping away most of all the night, then went to bed...sure in the back of my head I was thinking...we could open the other bottle and really get this party started...then I started laughing to myself...what a dork I am...I'm alone at my house, time to go to bed...get this party started...what, cuz I'm 18??? I think NOT!!! Anyway...so my sister and her family from Denver are coming for a couple weeks...getting here tomorrow...my sisters want to go out...did I mention a gal from work wants to set me up with her husband's best friend??? Well all this may take place tomorrow evening!! Now THIS is a stressful situation to me!! One in which would cause me to drink...I know I appear so reserved at first...I get so nervous meeting people...especially a guy...I think I appear more 'fun' if I've been drinking...but then I also know I reach a point where I appear a lot more stupid too!! I'm really going to try hard and do what I did last Friday...have one slowly with water and then if I have another use it as my 'walking around' beverage...something to hold on to.
                This is so pathetic to have to worry about this!!!!
                SO my question: how is everyone else doing with this drinking thing, process whatever????
                I'm going back to the top of this post and writing a disclaimer...this was just 'random thoughts' that needed to be said...by SD....if you're still reading...have a great night, sweet dream...talk with ya tomorrow!!! FRIDAY FOLKS!!!
                SD:l
                "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Friday

Good morning, my Fine Feathered Friends (F3's) and today will be a great day, don't you just feel it? Spring is in the air.

SD--you first--yes, the doctors and therapist did mention the PTSD which I always thought was just for soldiers, so it's good to know I am not crazy. I am sorry you had the same experience but I am going to repeat my mantra and "Whatever doesn't kill us just makes us stronger." I keep telling myself it could have been worse, and I need to keep reminding myself of all the good things in life. As for the date and the family and the house and the stress---YOU CAN DO THIS and stay AF. Geez, you're a teacher! If you can do that you can do anything. And booze does not make you more fun..it makes you a different person, not real. Lord knows I know that!

Chops--I hate dentists to, ask for the gas!

Lilmea--sorry your back hurts and you have to give up your beloved garden--wish I could be there to help (and to adopt all your plants!)

Sea--Someone gave a great suggestion about dental colleges and reduced rates, so try that. Also try calling different dentists to see if they do pro bono work--some do in these hard times. My regular doctor would not do Topamax because if it "off labeling" and my therapist had never heard of it until I brought in all the articles! The MWO sites are great and here's another article.

With anti-addiction pill, 'no urge, no craving' - CNN.com

No one has heard from SUNSHINE yet..???

Everyone take care, stay happy even if you have to fake it.

HUGS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, SD! What a question for me to wake up to!

How am I doing? Not great. I have had a few drinking days since April. I am really not happy with myself at the moment. I'm not giving up though, and today I WILL BE AF. I understand what you mean about the stressful social situation. I hope you decide to either not drink, or just have one can of beer, like that one time in the bar. If you are like me, and I bet you are, once you start drinking, you will probably over do. That will not be a good first impression!!:H I have found that for me, once I broke my AF time, it has been really hard to get back to it. I have read so many posts of others who pretty much have the same experience. So, I hope, SD, that you will just do whatever it takes to stay AF. If you do, then I will, too.

I hope I haven't discouraged anyone with this post. That's the last thing I would ever want to do.:h

My daughter and SIL are coming for a visit on the 23rd. I am going to go AF again now
                    so that I am not struggling with it when they are here. I want to enjoy the visit, not be stressed out by that horrible internal battle that goes on in the first AF week.

Wish me luck! No. Not luck. Strength and courage.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, UNG. We cross posted. You are sounding good and positive. Great to hear it! I am so happy for you that you are finding the help and support you need. Yes, today WILL be a great day!

Thanks for the link, I'll read it later when I get a moment.

BTW, I loved that Jennifer Lancaster website!
                      Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick fly by today. My laptop died and I am borrowing Emylee's. Hope everyone has a Great Day. Thank u for the suggestions and well wishes. I will try to check in later
                        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

"And booze does not make you more fun..it makes you a different person, not real."

OMG--UNG, I read and reread that over and over and over again...I don't know why but that just hit home....was so fitting...how was anyone suppose to really get to know 'me' if I always hid behind the booze. And my therapist would always ask me...where do you feel the most happy and successful and respected??? My answer...always....at work!!! Everyone here ONLY knows me as sober....the real me...I JUST got why he always asked me that!!! Now I feel that way everywhere in my life because I'm sober everywhere! That's how everyone sees/knows me...and I'm so much happier!!!! I'm finally "real"!!
                          WOW!!! I seriously feel like crying right now---but in such a good, overwhelming relief kind of way :h Thank you!

Dill--Didn't mean to rattle you this morning:H just having one of those..deep moments last night, ya know. Normally, when I'm in public I do pretty well (not) drinking....it's a small town and people talk...plus I'll be with a coworker and I normally never go out with coworkers....so I know I'll be ok...I just hate being nervous...It would honestly be when I got home...when I was alone--isn't that weird?? But all week (minus Tuesday) I've done really well---totally AF!! My plan is to take some L-glut before I go too!!

Opps...I just had a student walk in and is standing right at my desk...I better get going....Hey there SEA!!! Have a great Friday everyone!!! Will check in later!!!
                          "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                          7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Now I feel that way everywhere in my life because I'm sober everywhere! That's how everyone sees/knows me...and I'm so much happier!!!! I'm finally "real"!!
                            WOW!!! I seriously feel like crying right now---but in such a good, overwhelming relief kind of way
                            Wow! SD, That's great! I'm going let that sink in. I need to look at life that way, too.
                            Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning All and Happy, Happy Friday!!

Dill, SD and UNG ~ thank you for your posts this morning. A lot of food for thought there and I always like that.

SD ~ enjoy your time and don't be too nervous.

Dill ~ good for you for not giving up and I hope you start to feel better about yourself! You are a wonderful, kind and caring person. I have had the same experience, so you are not alone in how you feel. :l

UNG ~ I just love your positive energy this morning! Thanks for sharing it with everyone.

Sea ~ hope you get your laptop back soon. I hate being without my computer.

Good Morning Lil, Beginning, PR and all to come. Have a joyous Friday everyone :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm flying in to find a nice twig and settle in for a peaceful evening. Hope you all had a nice day. Mine was good. Lots of parent meetings again, but all went quite well. Then for dinner we ordered a pizza and stayed in for the evening. I'm feeling tired, but really content. Hmmm, G must be feeling it too! Do you hear him purring!

Sweet dreams!
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X