Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Dropping in to wish everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
    Hang in there, use the nest belts & butt velcro if you have too

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

End of day 2!! Today was another rough day, but I made it through.

I had the guts to talk to my boyfriend about my decision to stop drinking. I've hidden my habits from everyone so much that he was surprised to even learn that I had a problem. He was very supportive of my decision & I felt good talking about it. However, talking about drinking made me want to drink even more, but I didn't.

I'm nervous about day three as this will be the first workday that I've had in a week....so I'm sure that I'll want to come home & have a glass (or 4) to drown my sorrows. I'll just keep busy & focus on my goal!

Good night, nesters!
      Snufdizzle :h

Good things come to good people that work hard at being good.

Comment

Newbies Nest

good on you snuf for opening up and making day 2. just dont think about drinking tomorrow just yet and if u do come on here. good luck
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yay, day 1 is down!

Snif you did it, yay on your day 2! I'm in similar boat, back to work tomorrow, bit stressed but overall proud of myself as you should be too. Be open, I hope your BF continues to give you the support you will need. Take each day as it comes and rack up those AF's.

Nursie, you just get your work in, try to quiet the worries and take that vacation when you can. R and R can be a great motivator and what we need to heal.

Belle, I agree about this time being harder, I did 80 days or so Aug to Nov and then have struggled in the end of Dec and now Jan.

Lav, you always having something wise (and funny; nest belts & butt velcro LOL) to share. I needed to go back to the Toolbox today and you reminded me that this morning. So I am making my plan a bit more sturdy.

Wishing my best to everyone for good rest tonight and sweet dreams (please please!) I have gained so much today and feel content to rest here in the Nest for while.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning!!

Reading all the posts: The beginners are struggeling through the first craving days. Those who are past 30 days still play with the modding ideas and those long gone in the procdess know it is all part of the journey.

I am with Byrdie. I really get discouraged when I read that someone drank again, but yesterday I realized that I went through most of the things before joining MWO that would have made my postings a lot different. My last step was to admit to myself that I am an alcoholic. That mostly kept me from quitting. I wanted to be able to handle it. Wanted to be stronger/better than my dad who had a problem. Looking back at his life I realize that he didn't understand alcoholism one bit. He always just said that he loved drinking!
            Alcoholism is a bad gene that gives you a disease that you can not handle alcohol. Simple as that. But I too at times fantasize about modding. I am also still trying to accept the "simple" fact.

Bought St John's Wort today and plan on using it for at least 3 months. Pharmacy is waiting for a new supply of GABA. I only have enough for 3 days!! At least got 5HTP!

Someone talked about baking a cake and wanted to eat the whole thing. I ate a bag of chips and drank 2 liters of sweet soda in the beginning. So gained a bit of weight. The past week I am craving anything juiced!! I drink about a liter juiced stuff every night - replaced wine and eat a lot less. Mostly health cookies I bake and some meat. The rest is juiced!! New craving,but I am going with whatever my body tells me it needs next to be healed.

Day 68.
            Feels good.

Hang tight new nesters!!
            12-20-2012 AF
            Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning folks! Day 17 here. Best thing about being AF i0s, without a doubt, how well I sleep and how easy it is to get out of bed the next day! Loving it.
              Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone, 17 days here, sleep not so great but still better than passed out, Andrew is correct that the mornings are so much better......have a great day

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone!

Day 16 for me (right behind you Andrew and Clockwatcher!

Still feeling very strong with no cravings Guess I won't question it and just be thankful.

Crazy busy day at work yestserday - read through some posts but never posted myself. I think it's very important in the beginning to come here and post every day.

Feeling very good about where I am right now - I know that has to play a huge role in not wanting to drink. Not saying everything is rosie in my life - but I'm learning to deal with stress and relationships without turning to AL to just numb them out.

Snufdizzle - good to you for opening up to your BF! So glad he was understanding.

Have a great day everyone!
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nestidoodles,
                    Day 9 here. Wowza.
                    I am Sooo tired and fuzzy, and I still feel hung over like someone else said.
                    I had a horrible dream that I drank at a party and got drunk. My friends told menthe next day that I drove my car over 100 miles an hour and they had to stop me and drive the rest of the way. Then I got sick and threw up. When I woke up I was trying to figure out if I was in trouble and looked over to see if Mr. Nursie was mad at me before I finally realiEd it was a dream.

I'm still sober. Thank you God.
                    I will check back and read through the previous posts later.
                    Have a wonderful sober happy day.
                    Day 1 again 11/5/19
                    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters!

I have a night off from the girls. They are watching something on the I-Pad so I thought I would read all the posts. So much activity in the last 24 hours….where to begin?

Byrdie- I loved, loved, loved your posts over the past day. The modding one was just what I needed now, as the idiotic thought crossed my mind yesterday. Thanks for the kick in the pants. Also, thanks for opening up with your story. I’m so happy for you that your life is much better now.

SL- Many can relate to you on here. The thought of never being able to drink again is overwhelming. But don’t think about it like that. Just take it 1 day at a time and go from there.

Jane- You are doing great! Keep telling that bitch it has no place in your life. Can you get the script tomorrow? Do you have your emergency plan?

Available- Congrats on 3 days! Those days are soooo hard. After today you will probably start to sleep better and feel better. Keep going!

Stella- You are still in the beginning of quitting. It doesn’t happen overnight. I figure, I drank hardcore for 5 years, so it will take a while to feel wonderful. You’ve gotta be patient and not give in. The more days you get under your belt, the better you will feel. NO ONE has ever said “The worst thing I ever did was quit drinking”. Don’t worry, you’ll get there too!

Htide- Congrats on 15 days. Sorry you’re struggling. It does get easier, I promise.

Stella- How are you doing today? I already posted a reply about your stress in another thread, but remember to do anything other than drink. Read a book, exercise, take a walk, lay on the couch listening to soothing music, drink tea, watch a movie, ANYTHING that might de stress you. I personally love to clean to get rid of my stress, but that’s just me.

Today- Sorry about your kitty. I hope he gets better soon. Congrats on day 1!

BG- Every time is different, every day is different, every hour is different. Try not to compare your previous attempts with this one. Just focus on this attempt and keep in mind how badly you want to quit. You are doing great. Congrats on 4 days!

Pinecone- I agree that eventually it feels more like a gift that you are giving yourself staying al free rather than a punishment. You are doing great! Hope all is well!

Snuf- congrats on day 2! And great job opening up to your bf. Sounds like you got yourself a keeper there. Stay strong tomorrow!

Nursie- I’m craving junk too, which is so not like me at all. But it’s better than drinking. Enjoy it! That was a crazy dream! Thank god, just a dream eh?

SH- You sound like you’re preggers…hahaha, jk. It’s great that you are juicing so much! Super healthy! How’s your face now? Is the swelling gone? Congrats on day 68!

Andrew- Look at you! Day 17! Awesome!

CW- Also congrats on 17 days! You rock!

Jolie- 16 days! Yeah! You have a great attitude about wanting to kick the drink. It makes all the difference in the world. Keep it up!

Well I am at the end of day 19. I can hardly believe it. In just 19 days my whole life has turned around. Went to an all you can eat/drink restaurant tonight with hubby and the teens. Saw people pouring their free beers and the thought didn’t even cross my mind that I wanted one. I had no thought about it at all. When I got to the drink section I was really craving an iced tea. And that’s what I drank!

Have a great night/ morning/afternoon/evening all!
                      "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
                      Goal 1- 3 days al free
                      Goal 2- 7 days al free
                      Goal 3- 1 month al free
                      Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters; as I read through all the posts I thought, ah well done, then again, then again and was going to mention names but really everyone is doing so well, be it day 1, day 2, day 68, 16 or 17. A very encouraging start to today.
                        I am now day 9AF and 8NF and thankfully doing well. Had my nearest temptation on Sunday and after a few wise words from Lav have reviewed my plan. I am also doing a lot of reading back on the stories of some of our 'big successes' - very interesting reading, and good to see where they struggled, how they dealt with it and the turning point and how they stuck with it as the months unfolded.
                        I feel I am ready to do whatever it takes to get the life I want. Back exercising at last, 4 mile walk a day and back to the pool. Have been twice this week and cannot believe the difference now that cigs are out of the picture. Normally do 50 lengths but done 64 (a mile) without too much effort. My biggest thing right now is nibbling in the evenings so maybe have to get the knitting out again. Started an Aran wool scarf a couple of years ago and haven't touched it since......
                        Anyways, all good here - hope its a good one for everyone in the nest!
                        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning...I feel bad that I haven't been offering support for a bit...:-(

Snuf - one of the pivotal things that happened to me was working with my husband rather than in total secrecy - if he wasn't doing this with me, I'd be still struggling so much...instead - this is becoming a way of life for both of us...you're a wise one. :-)

Jane, I was about at that point of saying "whatever you're about to say..." to my SON last night before bed! I had been woken up very early with a phone call - again - yesterday and was READY to go to bed....but gawd I don 't want to feel like that towards my boy!

I'm so genuinely happy for you all - it's such an amazing thing to live our lives the way we were supposed to and not muddle through. :l
                          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Kinda dark & damp here this morning but at least it's not snowing!!

Jane, I'm glad that you are finding success here with MWO, it is a good place
                            I love the safe & secure feeling you get here, the wisdom of the elders, etc. It has worked for me & I am eternally grateful!

Lola, I'm sorry to admit I don't really know what's going on with you, you seem pretty down :l Is there anything I can do or say to help?

I have a little work to do then will be watching my busy grandsons for several hours tonight. Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Tuesday!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi lolab!! I'm sorry that you feel a bit neglected :upset: Sometimes, maybe, the posts fly by so fast that we can get lost in the shuffle (?) Anyway, I hope you are doing well today, and that your AF days pile up higher and higher.

How great that your hubby is on side with you. Sadly I've not told my DH that I am quitting because I've said it too many times and I'll be embarrassed if I fail again. :upset:

I want to wait until I have lots of AF days under my belt and I feel more confident!!! Then it will be more natural to me.

Anyway I just wanted to pop in and support you. Now that you have reached out and asked for some comfort you'll get lots I'm sure :h:h Good for you in asking
                              Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                              (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone,

Same weather as Lav's having here in Cincinnati. Jane, I hope you are able to stay focused during your vacation in Florida and glad this place has a more positive feel. Hope everyone has a Tuesday full of clarity.
                                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X