Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi All!

Finally getting a chance to check in today. Day 22 and doing good. It seems like I missed a lot in various threads the past 3 days. I will need to spend some time catching up. I'm fighting off a cold or the flu or some type of sickness so I've felt crappy all day (but still came to work...ugh). I'm picking up a pizza on the way home because I just don't even want to deal with dinner. Went to bed at 7:45 last night, and plan to do the same tonight...maybe earlier.

Hope everyone is well, and I hope to catch up tomorrow...I'm feeling out of the loop

K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi K9 sorry you've got a bug or something - sending you some :h and hope you're better enough to give us the benefit of your hard won wisdom by the weekend :H:H
      Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
      (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nestlings...good to see you K9...I was getting worried about ya! Hope you feel better soon.

Steady, you have an interesting family story. What is a "booze implant"? It is great to see you doing so well.

Welcome Pooks...this is truly a great place to be, and meet folks that truly understand what you are going through.

Unwasted, MWOLady, mylife, Byrdlady, Chill, Jane...nice to know you are all cozy-ing up the nest for us.

Day 4 here for me. No dangers today. One day at a time!
        BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

oops...forgot to say to Noodle, just get back on the horse (I've heard that a few times myself)...and join back in. Nothing to be ashamed of unless you give up.

And welcome cleareyes. Love that name. We all want those!
          BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,
            I'm still here too! Day 9 done. I had some tong cravings on the way home from work too. I called a friend to distract me but still obsessed over it when I got home. I realized I was starving, irritable and thirsty. I also wanted sweets (again). Believe you me, I'm not an indulged of sweets or snacks and I follow a pretty basic lean meat and organic vegetable diet with a few fruits here and there. I am minimal with dairy and gluten and I love to exercise. Well, I used to anyway. Seems like quitting drinking has made me all kinds of vulnerable....

I'm giving it this week and then back to the gym and regular healthy diet.

Good to see you K9. I'm reading a book called Failing Forward. Excellent read and puts mistakes and failures in their proper place. I highly recommend.

Noodle, Clear Eyes, belle, pooks, steady, UW, hi all! Sorry if I missed anyone, it's so hard on my phone.
            Day 1 again 11/5/19
            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day Three

First, I just want to really thank all of you that are supporting me. I know I have only been on here for three days, but I really count on this forum to keep strong. Just reading your encouragement gives me strength when I don't think I have anymore!

Today is day three for me. It wasn't an easy day...I started out in the morning by working out and feeling good. I got in my car and was only .5 miles away from my house and my car died. Needless to say, I was stressed. The first thing I thought about was, why did I make the decision to stop drinking this week???? I had to pay $500 for the car to be fixed (just paid $1500 last month for a different repair) but the positive thing is that I didn't let it get to me like I thought I would.

I've made it through the day and I am really proud of myself. I thought at first I would come home and have a drink...but instead, I went for a 4 mile walk.

I have a question for the seasoned newbies, or anyone really; how do you deal with friends/acquaintances inviting you out for a drink? All of my friends know that I am a drinker so it's common for people to invite me to drink with them. Already in these three days, I've had three invites for drinks! How am I supposed to handle going out and not drinking this early on. I don't feel it necessary to open everyone up to my world just yet and don't think they need to know about decision to stop drinking (especially if they are work associates). What do I tell them?

I have a great friend who is having a celebratory night this weekend and she has invited me. I want this night to be all about her so I don't want to tell her about my decision just yet and I want to be there to celebrate her success with her but inside I am TERRIFIED.

Sorry for such a long message...just tons of difficulties.

Thanks again for all of your kind words!!
              Snufdizzle :h

Good things come to good people that work hard at being good.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi snuf,
                A very common excuse to use for not drinking is 1. you're driving & 2. you're on medication
                Just ask for a soda & don't make a big deal of it - most people really don't give a damn about what's in your glass as long as they have what they want - really!

Hello & welcome to pooks & Clear Eyes!
                Glad you've decided to join us, congrats on your AF time. Be sure to download the MWO book from the Health store here, it explains a lot.

K9, hope you feel better soon. Tis the time of year for viral illnesses

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest!
                Be sure you use the safety devices installed in the nest

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

The teens just flooded my bathroom, kitchen and part of the hall taking a shower. Oh lord, give me the strength. They kept me up till 1:30 am giggling...I had to be up at 7. Day 20 and it's 12:19 pm here but I know I will push through it. I'm exhausted. If I had a drink, 2 sips later I would be passed out by pure exhaustion. Have a great one Nesters!
                  "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
                  Goal 1- 3 days al free
                  Goal 2- 7 days al free
                  Goal 3- 1 month al free
                  Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Snuf a good one is you have an ulcer and cant drink at the moment. antibiotics never stopped me from drinking, oops
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!

Canadian Girl ? Thx for asking, my rash is almost gone and the swelling disappeared completely. Good to read that you mastered the time with the girls well and your dinner out drinking Ice tea and WANTING it! Good going!! Sorry about the flood though...

Pooks & Clear Eyes ?:welcome: Congrats on joining and doing something that would change your lifes.
                      Clear eyes? you made me get up and go look at this one vein in my right eye that always bothered me ? thin as a hair! The results of quitting AL is amazing!

Belle Girl ? A booze implant is the same drug as antabuse. Just think the concentration is higher. Basically a few tablets planted under the skinuch: that slowly releases the drug into the body over the course of six months. It is an alternative to drinking the tablets every day for the same sickening effect when you drink AL. Usually placed where an appendix surgery would take place and scar is the same, realistic size? and yes, that is my excuse when asked about the scar! Sounds great, huh?:yuk:

K9 ? Racking up the days! 22!! Get better soon.

MWO Lady ? Thanks for reminding me just to love them? Heard that in therapy the same time I had the booze implant!

Nursie, Lav, Byrdie, Andrew, Available, Jane, MyLife, Noodle, UW ?
                      Have a great day!
                      12-20-2012 AF
                      Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nest!
                        Snuf, you are doing great! I'm pretty early on and I think I would cave at a party like that unless I expressly told my friends I am not drinking and gave a good reason so I couldn't change my mind as the night went on. I wouldn't be able to go at this point in my sobriety.

Canadian Gal, you are cracking me up with these stories!!! Big smile on my face, unfortunately at your expense!

Steady, I think I missed a few posts, did you have an Antabuse implant?

Day 10 today for me. I'm hoping for a better day at work. And I plan to call a friend on the way home to prevent the overwhelming desire that occurrs after work to stop at the liquor store.

Wishing you all a happy and sober Wednesday!
                        Day 1 again 11/5/19

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 10 with you Nursie. Yayhey. Onwards and upwards.

Will check in later - hope you all have a good day!
                          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

*high 5 to Daisy*
                            Woo!
                            Day 1 again 11/5/19

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Bright, sunny & chilly here this morning
                              Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Wednesday!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello! MWOL - I hope I didn't sound like I felt neglected here...if anything I feel neglectFUL....I love identifying with everyone and offering support and I gain so much from it personally - it helps me work through my own "things"...but I haven't been able to keep up on things lately....

Steady, that was so sweet - that you miss my long ramblings....:h

I am going backwards a little to try to get handle on who has joined us...be back in a bit.
                                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X