Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey Newbies,

Not much time right now. I will post again later tonight. The teens are leaving in t-minus 2 hours and 7 minutes. I still have to cook lunch for us.

I just wanted to say: CONGRATULATIONS BYRDIE! It's already the 20th here, so today you are 1 year al free! You have been such a great inspiration for so many on here. You always have such amazing insight and advice. You also care so much for us in the beginning. I hope you have a great day today and celebrate it with a nice sparkling al free drink! I am toasting my coffee to you right now! You should be so proud of yourself, I know the Mr. is so proud of you, and we are all so proud of you too! You ROCK Byrdie!
    "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
    Goal 1- 3 days al free
    Goal 2- 7 days al free
    Goal 3- 1 month al free
    Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Evening all, and a quick check in after a crazy, hectic, amazing couple of days at work - but as i was driving home all I could think of was a bottle of wine to relax after two crazy days and having to face another nutziod day tomorrow - I drove home as quickly as I could to log on here and read posts - and after 48 hrs, what a lot of posts to read. I wil need to take time and read more thoroughly, but thanks to each and everyone of you for posting so that I could be talked down off the ledge! Missed day 50 yesterday and thanks to all of you can say Day 51 today!
      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good stuff, Scottish Lass. I came on tonight feeling a bit like that and after reading here I am happily recharged and ready to keep on going. 51 days is brilliant. Only 40 behind you:H.
        Just wanted to say a quick hi when I seen you checking in but it is 3.30am here and I have a school run at 8.30 so nightie-night!!!
        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Daisy, thanks!!! It is 7:30 pm here, going to bed soon, as i am up at 4am for work. 11 days is great, the first days and getting thru them is the toughest...after that it is just keeping on going - that is not the easiest, but once you have those first days going, well...survive teh school run with a wonderful clear head, and until then hopefully you can get back to sleep - sweet dreams!
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters!

They?re gone, they?re gone, they?re gone! :nutso: Whew! What a long 5 days that was. I will definitely be in bed by 10 pm tonight. The stress isn?t over yet though. In 2 days we will be going to my husband?s town for Chinese New Year. I like to call that town Bingers/ Alchies R Us. I am the only foreign person in that town, so I always feel like somewhat of a superstar. Being a ?superstar? includes getting invited out to dinner and/or lunch every single day, where the least amount of beer you can drink at a sitting is a 6 pack. It?s usually much more than that though. And the Chinese are so wicked in that their goal is to get you drunk. I like to drink when I?m there cause even though it is only a 4 hour car ride away, they speak a different dialect of Chinese than is spoken in Beijing, so I can?t catch a lot of what they are saying. I always find when I drink, I understand more and, of course, speak a lot more. But not this year! I am not worried about not drinking there as my excuse will be that I have an illness at the moment and can?t drink. It?s actually about 80% truth, and I know that people won?t push me to drink. So I will sit at these meals, eat as much as I can, and I am completely content with that. Woo, I love this al free life!

UW- How are you holding up? 65 days and going strong!

K9- That was such a nice thing that your friend?s daughter said to you. Kids are so observant and never miss a thing. You are changing lives without even realizing it! I?m glad you are feeling better. Don?t be too hard on yourself about the smokes. I say baby steps. Quitting al is tough enough as it is. When you?re stronger, try quitting the smokes.

Lav- Thanks! What did I learn from this experience? Never have kids!!!! :H Just kidding.

Tipps- Give the wine away! Someone else who can handle their alcohol will appreciate it greatly. Hang on to one bottle if you want for a dinner party way down the road, when you?re stronger!

Piney- You said it. A bad day is 1 bad a day. A bad day from drinking lasts months. I hope you?re not having a bad day?

BG- Enjoy the seminar! Let us know how it goes!

Andrew- You?re doing great! Keep it up!

Jolie- How you feeling? Congrats on 17 days!

All- Double digits! Woo hoo!

Nursie- Good for you for going home and enjoying your tea! What does it taste like?

Snuff- You are doing great. No one ever said their life was better cause they continued drinking. You will so happy you did this and you will gain years on your life. That sounds nice, doesn?t it?

Daisy- I am so happy for you. We often doesn?t realize (or don?t care) about what our drinking does to others. Your daughters love sober mam and you are setting a great example for them. Great work!

Today- The past is in the past. You can?t change it, so don?t beat yourself up about it. But you can change today. The al should be all out of your system by now, so hopefully you will sleep wonderfully tonight. The more days you get under your belt, the better you will feel. Within a week, you will feel like a whole new person!

SL- Congrats on 51! That?s awesome. Do something nice for your self to unwind. Take a hot bubble bath, go to bed early with a book, eat some delicious desserts, etc. You are doing great!

Jane- Let us know how it does today with the Dr. And do make an emergency plan just in case!

Well I have to clean up this apartment. Looks like a tornado blew through it. ull Have a great one all!

AF- February 16, 2012
            Goal 1- 3 days al free
            Goal 2- 7 days al free
            Goal 3- 1 month al free
            Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie 1 year!!

Byrdie, :jumpwow::jumpwow::jumpwow:

Happy 1 year being AF!!
              12-20-2012 AF
              Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good day Nesters!
                Woke up a little late today, bad dreams last night. But I feel good now and I'm off to another sober day!!
                I love that when I'm sober I take the time to set everyone's clothes out and make lunches the night before. Unlike waking up from a coma, saying "shitttt" and rushing around to get everyone and everything ready.
                See, when we use our powers for GOOD, lol anything is possible, even getting out the door on time.
                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey nursie, give it time....even sober you'll still end up with those "shitttt" mornings! :H

now canadiangal.... don't get me wrong - I TOTALLY understand that you may have been wishing days away lately but I even checked the internet to see how much further ahead of the US you are....and hun, it's only the 19th. Leave it to a bunch of problem drinkers though to get Byrdie's party started EARLY! :H :disco:

My goal is to make some yummy sounding lemon crinkle cookies this morning....don't those sound good? So I best get off the computer.

Have a great day!
                  ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie - speech, speech speech!! What an accomplishment - can't wait to be able to say one year!

I'm doing well everyone - just too busy to post much but I'm feeling wonderful and loving my sober life............drinking was NEVER this good, I promise.

CG - so glad you have your life back! Jeesh - how awful........glad my social circle is too small for that to happen to me.:H Your story about the Chinese and how they drink is so interesting. Well, good for you in having your game plan ready for the upcoming event. THAT's how to make it work - be ready and do not hesitate one SECOND!

Nursie - you're sounding great. I know you've overcome a couple of rough days. Excellent!! BTW, I love Tulsi Tea too. It's the only thing I drink aside from water and a very rare soda!

Lola - cookies sound yum. I've been cooking a lot lately and feel very healthy! Today I'm making handmade gnocchi (potato pasta).......my absolute fave.

Tipps, I hope you gave the wine away. As Supercrew says - there are no reasons to drink, only excuses.

Newbies, Today and Jane - good going so far; keep up the good work - it is so worth it. Your struggle will lessen and life will become better than you can imagine - just give it time.

Jolie, MWOL, Steady Hands, Lola, Lav, K9, Pinecone, Belle, Andrew, Jolie, All, Snuf, Daisy, Scottish Lass (great work yesterday BTW - so happy you resisted), My Life and anyone I may have missed..................

Have a fantastic AF day everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh My Gosh...I've got coffee come out my nose from Lolab's comment!!!! Leave it to a bunch of problem drinkers to start the party early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bahahahaha! CLASSIC!!!
                      I am not going to say THANK YOU YET! I don't want to ginx myself! Could you imagine blowing it the day before one year??? OY, that'd be a bad day!
                      I am working on my acceptance speech!!! What's my prize?? Oh..my liver, I forgot. I really appreciate the well wishes....I can't believe it myself. Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Hope you have that liver all cleaned up, buffed & shining for tomorrow's speech Byrdie :H :H
                        It is an amazing feeling reaching that 1 year AF point - makes you suddenly realize you really can do anything you really want to do

Today is my daughter's birthday & suddenly I am feeling very old......she's 35 today, don't know how that's possible because I tell everyone I'm 29

Wishing everyone a fantastic AF Thursday!!!!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

oh jeez! Lolab, you have never been more correct! That's what I get for sleeping 5 hours a night for the past 5 nights on the couch...I don't even know what day it is anymore. Thanks for setting me straight Lo!

Sorry Byrdie...it's now 12:01 am my time on the actual 20th, so I can officially say congrats on 1 year! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Can't wait to hear the speech!

To the other nesters, I'm sorry but I gotta go to bed. I'll personalize tomorrow. Have a great one!

AF- February 16, 2012
                          Goal 1- 3 days al free
                          Goal 2- 7 days al free
                          Goal 3- 1 month al free
                          Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning. So nice to see such love and support from all to all. :h I'm feeling much better this morning. Had a baked potato last night for supper, smothered with fried tomatoes and melted cheese - yum. Slept so well. I guess Potatoes not Prozac really is the way to go. I also figured out that I've been cold in the night - duh! Takes me some time to clue in!! So DH's big socks, jammie bottoms tucked in, sweatshirt over jammie top - boy what a difference

Tingling all over today...Topa really kicking in. No cravings at all - just the odd thought about wine, not really on my mind too much. DH didn't ask me if I wanted a glass last night, just poured himself one - that was great! Day 18 for me and I feel great about that!!
                            Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                            (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everybody!

Day 24 here...had to change my mood back to "sick" Thought I was better, then woke up this morning congested and achy all over. But here I sit at work. And good thing too, my boss just called in, she's sick too. And since her and I make up the whole department, one of us needs to be here. Ah well, I guess that's life as a responsible adult eh? I don't feel THAT bad, I'd just rather be at home. On the bright side, I can take an "extended" lunch and get some errands done. LOL

Byrdie - You are such an inspiration to us all! Thanks for being you...and for showing us it can be done. You are at a point that so many of us are aspiring to be. And you do it all with such wisdom and humor. My hat is off too you dear lady, you are wonderful!

CanadianGal - I'm glad the giggle-twins are gone...now you can get some rest! You survived, and you did it sober...you're awesome!

Well I can already predict that I'm not getting any real work done today, but I'm here (in body, if not in spirit), I'll scrape by today doing as little as possible. I have lots of practice...I used to to that EVERY day when I was hungover. Not a good way to be, but it's the best I can do today...and thank goodness I only have a cold and not a hangover!

Take care everyone and stay strong!

xoxo
                              K9
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi there. I am new to MWO. It has been so inspiring reading everyone's threads and I appreciate all the advice and support that is given. Basically I feel alcohol is ruining everything for me - I believe I've always had more of a penchant alcohol and to this day have this love of beer and red wine. It's not easy also as everyone I know socially drinks! And our outings revlove around booze sessions or "one or two' which invariably ends up in a a bottle or two. All my friends drink excessively and my husband also has extreme nights where he consumes unbelievable quantities, however my friends and husband don't need a drink through the week and I do. I can't escape it. Whenever I've tried to have AF day it feels odd. (I am not blaming others for my habits though - I am just confused as to why I am different). I find things are getting worse and worse, I need increasingly more alcohol & it is having bad effect on me as before I used to be a happy drunk and now I am very easily irritated, argumentative, stressed, de-motivated and having episodes of paranoia. I often wonder how my husband puts up with me. I am so depressed as I am now overweight and look at my face, skin and eyes daily that are being ravished by booze, I look terrible, and yet I continue to drink. I've needed a yearly check up/blood test for a few years now & keep putting it off cause I'm too scared to go. I feel powerless at present. I am ashamed of previous photos from the last few years in particular as I look tired, grey & bleary-eyed, or just plain-out drunk! Yet strangely, I feel scared about living a life without alcohol??? Even though it know how it depresses me so much and is affecting my life. Ultimately, I'd like to reduce and be a controlled social drinker but I'm not sure if it's possible for me yet. I am starting abstinence for my short term goal of 7 days as of Monday (I have some events on this weekend & I simply don't think I can attend without grog). I feel upset with myself that I can't envisage a fun night without alcohol yet. Really confused today, unsure whether I have the strength in me, but thankful also for MWO. :upset:

Comment

Working...
                                X