Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone,
    I am a newbie I guess - have posted on a few threads but found this and it feels so warm and friendly. I am on day 13 AF and looking forward to my two week mark tomorrow which is also mother's day!!! I can't believe how this site has helped me - I have been seeing a psychologist, taking all the supplements (including L-glut which is fab and Seredyn for anxiety- marvalous!!). To be honest for the last couple of days I have had some thoughts of drinking but then read the posts and remember how I didn't remember stuff and felt sooooooooooooooo sick and gross that I didn't even go there. Thanks to MWO and all of you guys - I am so blessed to have found this site. It is 9:45am here is Australia (Gold Coast) - any one else live around these here neck of the woods....... am married to an American (from Daytona Beach Florida-any Floridians around???). Hope that I am welcome and continue to post here.
    Cheers,
    Luba
    AF since 26 August 2009- and loving it!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Now I feel that way everywhere in my life because I'm sober everywhere! That's how everyone sees/knows me...and I'm so much happier!!!! I'm finally "real"!!
      SD-For me, from day one here at MWO, it's always been about being AF. I'm coming up on 4 months on the 18th. It just seems to me, that you have a lot of good things going on in your life right now.

UNG-I wish I could give you some of my plants too!! I've go so many ires that I'm going to have to get rid of. How is your weather there? Are you able to get outside out all? I just thought maybe a little exercise would help you feel better?

Sea-What time is your interview on Monday? What kind of job are you interviewing for? You know we are all keeping our fingers crosses for you!

Chops-My little cheerleader! How are things going with your son? wasn't he moving? This may have been going on during my hubbies retirement stuff when I was so busy so I may have that wrong. If so please forgive me!

PR-That slinky little black and white female hanging around G is really just my ole fuzzy Diva cat. I gave her, her summer haircut. She just comes over and keeps G company will you're at work. As usual-the lights on!!
      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Luba :welcome: cross post
        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: to the nest Luba! I am so happy to meet you and I hope to get to know you better.

Dill, I hope you enjoyed your evening. Parent meetings are hectic (at least that is what my teacher in the family (dad) has told me

Lil, big hugs :l! Thanks for thinking of my son. He has moved into his own apartment. Things are so well for him and he is keeping the place clean!!! WOW....never thought that would happen :H I am having his B-day BBQ tomorrow. He turns 20 on Tuesday...hard to believe...I am getting so old!

Hello to SD, UNG, Sea and all others. Hope to talk to you over the weekend.

Dill, I do hear G purring. It is wonderful:h And Lil, thanks for letting Diva cat hang with G!!!

Talk to you all tomorrow! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Great banter and insight in the nest today....you gals are the best!! After midnight & just got home from work.......'G' as usual was pretty darned excited to see me as he waited at the door....thank you all for giving him love....I must be 'the skipper', cause Gilligan IS my little buddy'........goodnight my precious little ones.
            Me & G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Day All
              I am borrowing Emylee's laptop, as she didn't come home all night. I am up bright and early to go to this food program that we have here. You spend five dollars and they literally fill the trunk of your car with food. It is amazing!! Bad night for Boston sports, but I was amazed that I had no desire to drink. Sports is a big trigger for me. The Kudzu maybe?
              Lil- The interview is on Monday Morning The position is RN House Supervisor. Thanks for the well wishes
              Coffee is on. Bought Diet Pepsi last night for you SD
              Not much planned today, so If Emylee allows me to use her laptop, I will be around
              Big welcome to Lu
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all, I've been jumping around looking for a positive thread - and here it is!

AL wise I think I'm doing 'ok', but feel that it would be really easy to slip back into nightly drinking again.

I'm not posting as much because I'm getting really frustrated/upset by hearing stories of people who are obviously in a bad place, but just stuck in a binge/repeat cycle. I just feel helpless. Maybe its the full moon? I grew up with an Alcoholic Aunt who I always wanted to 'cure' and just couldn't help, so maybe its that.

Anhyoo enough moping - nice to see you all in the nest - we have new chicks in our wall cavity nest - its the space where there was an aircon unit and it was boarded up (badly). The Jack Russell heard the last lot of chicks and started to rip the wall apart to get at them so now we have a hole with bits of nest sticking out. I think the nest may be the source of our recent tick visit so we'll have to do something when this lot fledge, until then I just keep the dogs out of the room and keep spraying......

Enjoy Saturday - I can't remember when the 'Date' is / was SD, but do tell!

Bxx
                Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

AF weekend for me. Have to go to the office this a.m. then clean the house, then the rest of the weekend is mine! Bwaaahahaaaa!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi PR! And welcome to the nest, Luba!:welcome:

Chops, I didn't know your 20 year old moved out recently. It's interesting to see how they do when they have their own place. My kids both surprised me with how well they keep up their homes....after weathering their teen years, I didn't think it possible!!

Sea, best of luck for the interview! I know you are self conscious about the broken tooth, but anyone can have a broken tooth! I broke one taking a bite of a sandwich one time! It was in the front, toward the side, but it was visible until I could get in to the dentist. One can't always get in to the dentist for repair immediately. Just knock 'em dead! You can do it!

Brighlite enjoy that weekend time!

SweatyB, interesting story about the nest in the wall! I hope you get the tick thing worked out. I'm sure you will. We have picked ticks off of our dogs this spring already. I'm going to the vet this week for some frontline. Our dogs pick up ticks outside. They are "farm dogs" and do not come in the house except for a brief visit occasionally. In the past, I let my dogs in more frequently, but had a couple of flea infestations that required "bombing" the house. That was when the dogs became mostly outside dogs! However, I find that frontline does the trick keeping them tick and flea free.

Lil, Did you really give your cat a spring haircut? How do you get her to stand still for that?!

Hi, UNG and beginning.

SD, how did your evening go?

Have a nice AF weekend, everyone.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All!

chops-Yes it's amazing what good housekeeper's our kids become when they get their own places. I'm not allowed to smoke in my youngest house and my oldest follows me around with coasters for my coffee! LOL! Have fun at your son's Bday party. I should be as old as you!

Sea-I never took the kudsu but if it seems to help, I say stick with it. I've never heard of a food program like the one you described. It sounds great though. Who sponsors it? If I don't talk to you before Monday, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sweaty-I had Robin's nest in a small cedar tree in my back yard last year. I had to keep all 4 cats in the house for the week the baby was on the ground trying to learn how to fly. This year I pulled the nest out before they could even get it started. No more baby birds in my backyard. :no:

Bright-Your sounding positive! I hope you have a great AF week end.

SD-Well, how did your night go??

Dill-My cat is a cross between a Persian and short-hair. Which means she's sort of like a big cotton ball with 4 legs. In the summer she's always coming in with stuff stuck all over her. I had this dog groomer who always shaved her for me in the summer. My cat would just lay there for her. But the groomer moved and so I did it this summer. All I can say is it was NOT a bonding experience. :H:

Hi PR, UNG and Beginning!

I'm meeting my oldets daughter for lunch tomorrow. She lives in Ohio so we're meeting half way. I'm excited to get to spend a little time with her.

I hope everyone has a great Mothers Day.
                      AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dill-are the flowers in your avatar from your yard?
                        AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Luba!

Thanks for the DP this morning Sea!! Honestly, what I needed was 5 gallons of water and tylenol!!:upset: I'm so p*ssed at myself and so embarrassed to come back here and tell all of you what a idiot I was last night!!! I did so good for so long too....drinking a lot of water all through the night...I think not eating dinner before I went out wasn't smart..just ran out of time...it just hits me like a ton of bricks!! My sister was like...you haven't even finished your first drink and you're already tipsie!!! And I was....you guys...I was trying to get to the bathroom and apparently there was one whole wall that was a mirror...I walked right into it!!! You know like a dog running outside that doesn't see a screen door!!!! OMG--what a great first impression!!!! I don't even remember coming home! I just can't believe I got like that in front of someone I work with....God, what she must think!!:upset:
                          I WANT APRIL BACK!!!!
                          Sorry to disappoint and be a downer!! Last night was the worst I've been since starting this program Jan. 28th!!
                          SD:l
                          PS-My son won his baseball game this morning, but lost his soccer game...
                          "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                          7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

SD-Oh Hon :H We'll take care of you. Get some rest tonight. :H It's hard right now, but this will pass. We're here for you.
                            AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

SD-Oh Hon :l We're here for you. Try to get some rest tonight. It's hard right now but this will pass. Tomorrow's a new day so you just get right back on track. We're all here to help you through this. :l
                              AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

As I bid you all a goodnight, let me take this opportunity to wish all of you who are moms a HAPPY MOTHERS DAY tomorrow!!! You are all very special to me & G and I'm sure blessings to your families as well. Enjoy YOUR day tomorrow as the kudos you receive are so very well deserved. Sweet dreams my ladies.
                                PR & G

Comment

Working...
                                X