Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Beautiful Byrdie. Thank you.

And Lav, you have been a rock for me too - you just don't know it. Thanks for sticking around.:lilheart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

As always Byrdie, a very thoughtful and heartfelt post; well done!

On day 12 and feeling on top of my game until this evening...............I almost caved! Delayed going for wine until I lit the fire, HALT, made dinner, ate it, drank an AF drink, came on to MWO. Each little step brought me closer to my senses but I have to say Byrdie, your post was the one that 'sealed the deal'!!; which means I get to your very famous 'Day 13' tomorrow.......thanks again.........
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie,

CONGRATULATIONS! What a great day this is for you! Hope you know how much you've helped others here (including me).

Hope everyone else is having a great AF Friday! It's the weekend! YEA! Not a reason to drink - a reason to celebrate another day AF!

Getting ready to sit down with a nice hot cup of coffeein front of the fire and watch The Help.

Lav - hope you are settled in for the night - looks like we are in for some nasty weather.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

And don't my chickens know it Jolie!
          I have nearly 30 hens out there & collected only 5 eggs today. I guess they are on strike :H

Stay warm everyone
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well my friend just stated the blatantly obvious.

The conversation went like this:

Him: What did you do for lunch today?

Me: My whole family went out for Chinese food, which I hate.

Him: You hate Chinese food?

Me: Yes, and here's why. A few years ago in Vegas I had a REALLY bad hangover and ate some Panda Express. I ended up throwing it up all day. To this day I can't stand Chinese food.

Him: But that didn't make you hate alcohol.

Me: No, I had to do it a few thousand more times before I figured out it was the alcohol, not the Chinese food.

Other people see so clearly what us problem drinkers refuse to see for so long....until we finally do see it.
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9. Wow. Really thought-provoking......
              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

:thanks: hi friends. Checking in to let you all know that I made it through day 1. Thanks to the support of mwo! The only reason I made it through was the commitment I made to you all last night that I would not drink today. Thanks so much. And congrats again Byrdie!
                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you Star. Yes, making a commitment here can really make a difference. Even though we are all strangers, we all know how it feels!! And I can say it too - the only reason I've been able to do it this time "for real" is this board.
                  Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                  (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Newbies Nest

That's good news Starfish
                    Do it again tomorrow!!!!

K9, honestly.......our denial runs (ran) deep!
                    I am so grateful to not be bullshitting myself anymore.

Daisy, good to see you!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Excellent stuff Starfish. K9, I had a similar experience with a mediteranean place, it couldn't have been the twelve drinks beforehand and a few after, it had to be bad food. I was able to drink the next day no problem but never had any mediteranean food since.
                      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad to see you here Star! You keep up the good work and just watch the days rack up. Stick close to us here, we'll help get you through it!

Allswell - Isn't it amazing how alike us alcoholics are? We can all identify so much with certain things. The day that happened to me I did take one day off from drinking (in Vegas, even), because I was THAT sick. What a waste of a whole vacation day. I know we shouldn't dwell on the past, but sometimes it's good to recall the negatives.

Well my work week is finally wrapping up and I can't wait to get the hell up outta here. LOL

Hope everyone has a great relaxing weekend! I'll try to post over the weekend, I know I really suck at doing that...I'm too busy being lazy. lol

K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello and Good night nest. It's not quite cold enough here for a fire, but I'm in my pj's and sipping some tea (after my bowl of ice cream!)

Byrd - I saved your post in my favorites file. Thanks so much and Congratulations again (I posted on your thread!) for your year and the beginning of your new and wonderful AF life. :l:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

It is cold enough for a fire here mylife but I'm too lazy to get it started
                            Actually waiting for the snow to start......

I imagine Byrdie is still busy partying - hope someone brought her a cake

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav! I miss the snow sometimes. Enjoy it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello to everyone in the Nest this Friday night!

Out of curiousity Lav, how many eggs do you ordinarily get? Are they still blue?

It was something to hear about what your vacation is going to be like CanadianGirl, that is a lot of cheers! A lot of beers! Stay strong with your story, you can cheers without the beer

Keep posting this weekend for us K9, you tell great stories!

Congrats on day 1 Star! Day 2 will be even better...

I am already sort of antsy, no plans and can't concentrate on my Dean Koontz novel (What the night knows). I think I'll head to the grocery store for some treats. I don't have a car, and it does remind me of the times I walked past the grocery store to the cold beer/wine store. Twice a few times in one day! Oh well, its too cold for that and anyway I've got my plan set!

Now I want ice cream too, mylife what kind did you have?

Comment

Working...
                                X