Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hell yeah Nursie!!!
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

all the great support.
      it's inspiring. i look forward to feeling that great again.
      day one is done.
      good night.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest!

It's so great to sit down on a Saturday afternoon and read all these great posts!

Nursie - congratulations on making it to day 13 but I will miss your rants! They were hilarious.

I got up this morning and tackled the garage. I, too can relate to stuff just getting pushed aside while drinking. I think our last several trips we must have just come home and piled our things from the trip in the garage...there were suitcases and bags full of clothes. Really - it was getting ridiculous. Anyway, I got through a bunch of it and feel great. Tonight I invited my 7-year old nephew over to make brownies so my sister can go out for the evening. I'm looking forward to it - and hopefully won't eat too many brownies....

Hope everyone has a peaceful and AF night in the nest!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lol I've been listening to Linkin Park, I'm all fire up. Haha
          Their lead singer is sober now too.
          Day 1 again 11/5/19
          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oops crosspost, Mylife. Don't worry, I will still absolutely rant! Haha
            Day 1 again 11/5/19
            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nester friends. Just checking in to say I am thinking of you all so much. Still having to deal with reading and posting on my phone. Have had a lot of white knuckles again today but have stayed at home. Relaxing, eating, reading posts and visiting with my kids. I thought I had worked out a pretty good plan but then I saw some old posts on another thread (started by DG ) that made my plan look lame. So will learn from them and beef my plan up some! Well late afternoon of day 2 for me. I will go cook supper now and hold tight and look forward to day 3. My butt Velcro is in place and I am holding on to the nest with all 5 of my star appendages
              Hope everyone has a wondeful night!
              :h
              Star
              :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back to Newbie World

Though I did have a slip I'm not going to completely discount my 3 months + sober.
                But here we go and I am just as committed as before.
                Oddly I feel like I should apologize, as if I never had a right to say anything about being sober in the first place.

Trying to get my head right

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's so cold today Brrrrrr!!!

My chickens were too chicken to venture out in the ice/snow ~ don't blame them really

Hello & welcome back lifechange!
                  Moderating simply does not work for many of us. I tried that for years before finding MWO. I just knew that AF HAD to be the way for me & it's honestly just a lot easier too. Work up a good plan for yourself & stay close.

Ann, I'm sorry you had troubles this week. Feel free to hang around the nest while you get yourself back up to speed. There is no need to apologize for being human. Learning things the hard way is simply the human condition I think

I need to think about fixing myself some dinner.
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

starfish its tough I know never thought i could stop drinking here I am at day 15 and thoroughly enjoying hangover free mornings, your doing great keep it up!

anne221 great to hear you will not be defeated
                    Stella

Back to the beginning day 02 Jan 2013

Grateful for MWO :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello mylife and lifechange and starfish1! Welcome to the nest! You sound like you are on a good track.

Nursie, glad you are feeling positive!

My experience with moderating is similar to many others here. I used "moderating" as an excuse to fool myself into thinking I was doing something about the problem, when I definately wasn't. When I think about it now, I realize that if I have to try to moderate, then it just won't work. I always knew I would just have to put all the eggs in one basket and just quit completely. My version of "moderating" was just my sick mind trying to buy more time before I had to actually commit to quitting.

Ann, I'm really glad you are here!

Have a great AF night everybody.
                      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                      AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ann, wow, I'm so sorry about your "fall" but then we're all human, aren't we? Funny, but I've struggled today - not close to drinking but just thinking about it all. I have to say I just thought you were never going to have a tough time. Thank you for being honest and letting us know. It helps remind us to be vigilant. Tell us how you feel now - do you feel as committed as ever and regretful that you drank? Thinking about you....:lilheart:

Peace and strength to everyone tonight.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All

It's a while since I have been on here and no time to read all the posts but I hope everyone is doing OK. I stopped the Campral last week with no bad effects. 78 days today since my last drink and no cravings at all. I joined the gym five weeks ago and managed to lose nearly 14lbs and now feel on top of the world ! No hangovers and so much energy. Stopping AL has really changed my life. However as steady hands says, all it takes is one drink and all of that would be lost. Tomorrow night I will sit and read all of the posts on here over the last week or so. Good luck to all of those just starting out on this new adventure.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Unwasted

Heck yes I'm as committed to sobriety as I was. This stupid occurence is not going to deter me. And yes I certainly regret it. I'm just glad that in retrospect I can see when and where the thoughts started, and how I could have avoided it.
                            I should have hopped in my car and come straight home like I was doing. But shoot, I don't know. I'm just trying how to figure out the navigation of life sober. I was rather
                            blind-sided by this but I'm fully in the fight again

Comment

Newbies Nest

I hope I'm in the proper area. I posted in another area yesterday and was told I should go to the newbies area. I'm on day five and doing pretty good with the occasional thought in the evening of wanting a drink.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ann, good for you - you have the right attitude.

Timpin- 78 days is awesome! You are doing great!

Strange day for me - Finishing day 20 AF and while I've had no strong cravings for AL, I became a total bitch today for apparently no reason at all! Flipped out on hubby over something stupid - he looked at me like I had 3 heads. So in my head I'm thinking - oh what the hell - I should just go buy a bottle of wine because I'm in such a shitty mood. Even as I was thinking it I knew I wouldn't do it - I just don't want to go back to that vicious circle again. Guessing my mood may have been a combination of going thru the change and some underlying fear of continuing to live my life without alcohol. I know in my heart I'm making the right decision.

Anywho - hubby forgave me and now I'm lying in bed watching supernanny and some of the brattiest kids I've ever seen in my life, with a cup of decaf coffee and my precious kitty lying next to me.

Just need to get myself out of this bad mood - trying to remember how much I should be grateful right now - shouldn't be any reason to feel down.

Hope everyone has a great night! To any out there struggling - stay strong! It's so worth it
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Working...
                                X