Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I am SOOOO happy for our 14 Day'ers!!!! I TOLE YA!! But be most aware that from now until Day 30, your emotions will be a roller coaster....just DON'T GIVE WAY!! They will even out just like you are going thru the rapids and suddenly hit smooth water. I am just thrilled to see the success that is happening!
    Lav, You just make me cackle with your chicken stories!! My little chihuahua (Rubi) woke me up at 5 this morning...I pushed the top of her head hoping she'd snooze but it didn't work. I'll be dragging in the southern part of the nest tonight..but not like I would if I'd started drinking at 10 am like I used to do! Stay strong everyone! XO, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters

Jolie – I can suddenly snap too! My two little ones know when my voice reaches a certain tone I mean business!

PineCone & UW – Trying to moderate was my last straw as well. You already know then that you have a problem/crossed the line and that is the last desperate attempt to keep AL in your life.

Read an article on another thread where they said the recommended usage for a woman should be 7 drinks/units per week and no more than 3 in one sitting, otherwise it is a binge… I can’t do that!!!

If I use the drink calculator Alcohol unit calculator
      I consumed 22 units a night and 157 a week!!! 7 is nothing then… So, I miss nothing?

Good to read all the progress and the days piling up!
      Go well birds!
      SH
      12-20-2012 AF
      Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

This thread is so busy! Welcome to the newcomers, the starting over again group and the racking up the days team.
        It is wet and rainy here today, at long last - we need the rain.
        I am not a football fan, but going to watch the game today as the 49ers are playing another big game, went shopping yesterday for game snacks, and there was beer etc EVERYWHERE! bought some of my favorite AF beer - it is really not bad, wish someone could do so well with AF wine!
        At the beginning of the week I wrote that I had e-mailed my parents to tell them I had given up drinking. I spoke to them on the phone (6,000 miles away) today and they did not mention my drinking, but they did tell me that they had decided to stop drinking during the week - wonders will never cease! They are both in their 70's and drink a lot, daily! They did say how hard it was, and I think in their own way they were acknowledging what I was doing!
        Off to cook a chicken - also bought from the store Lav!
        Stay safe, happy and AF everyone!
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

I was in the grocery store today too today, and beer everywhere and alot of hustle and bustle about the game. I wanted to drink so bad I could taste it.
          Then I realized when I got home that I forgot to buy bread, so I had to run to the convenience store. Another assault on my willpower. I prayed on the way there and I called my brother who has 3 weeks sober. He told me he drank last night and all of my own thoughts about alcohol went out the window.

Ugh. I didn't drink. But my brother is not getting back on it doesn't sound like.
          My heart is heavy.
          Day 1 again 11/5/19
          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh nursie sorry to hear about ur brother, stay strong that way you can help him
            Stella

Back to the beginning day 02 Jan 2013

Grateful for MWO :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello All,

It has been awhile since I posted so I thought I would give you all a quick follow up. Today is day 47 AF and Weed Free!!! Woot. The biggest things I have noticed is I am wanting to do more productive things and my mind is SOOOOO much more clear. No more brain fog. Memory has improved greatly! I hope all is well with you guys! Stay Strong

-Ruin
              Sober as of 12/7/11
              Goals:
              7 days - Complete
              14 days - Complete
              21 days - Complete
              1 month - Complete
              2 months - Complete
              3 months - ALMOST!
              6 months - not yet

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey nesters. Jut another heck impost. Great to see so many hitting two weeks. Congrats! Hellow newbies. Hope you get comfortable. This place is fabulous!!

Hipe everyone one else is good. Ben a busy few weeks for me. Had a mums night out in friday with new people. Really strange to jt be drinking an watching others as the poison took effect. Made be feel awkward to make excuses for drinking. I said I was detoxing. Now I have them talking about when I'm off my detox. Came home and told hubby I was scared about what I could say for next time. I do want to know them but hope my drinking soft drinks will not stop them including me. Weird that I would want to be part of a drug taking group. In fact scary that I actually was Part of such groups. Anyone got a good reason to tell them. Don't know what I can say now I have said I am detoxing to make it less suspicious. Thought of things like " done a few weeks so seeing I I can do more" " going to try for a baby" or is it easier to say I can't really sink responsibly so I wont?

Today I counted up my AF days and am On day 64!!!! Wasnt really paying attention to them and thought I had done more. Actually I have no concept f time and when I actually thought about it I was pretty impressed. The last day of Feb- leap year! I hit my 100 days!!!

I hope everyone else is stayin strong.happy AF Monday to you all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie and Jane - hang in there, you will be so disappointed if you have to go back to start!
                  Ruin, great to hear from you and really well done, that is huge!
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ruin, I couldn't be any more proud of you!!! I'm so happy to hear that you stuck it out! Great to hear that you are out from under that fog, it is a wonderful feeling. Just stick to it and don't get complacent! You worked HARD for this and don't give in no matter who and no matter what!!! Here's a big hug....AND of course, your hat!!!:bday2: Well done!!! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

So proud of you all

Good evening nesters! Today has been very busy for me and I am just getting caught up on posts from later last night and today. I am so proud of each and every one of you for overcoming struggles and keeping commitments. We will all be so much better off in our AF lifestyles. Today was day three for me. Thanks for all your support. Hope you all have a safe night.

Much love
                      Star
                      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters!

Much better mood today than I was yesterday - glad that passed. Watched my beloved Ravens loose in the seconds of the game today - arghhhh! Without AL, I'm finding myself better in control of my emotions. Could have acted like a 2-year old and throw a fit but I took it well - even though I am SOOOO disappointed!

Anywho, hope all who are struggling or who think they have given up will keep coming here for support. Nobody ever said it was easy and it may takemore than one or even several tries but I believe it's worth it.

Stay strong everyone. Peace
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 1 again but getting more determined each time i fail then start. need to not be complacent and stalk this site and its wonderful people.
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ruin it is great to hear from you again, and awesome that you sound so positive.

Starfish1, great job on getting to day 3. Reading and posting is very helpful, so I'm glad that is part of your plan.

Hope everyone has a great AF night!
                            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm not giving up, don't worry! I'm just expressing my feelings. No sense pretending it's easy, it's the fight of my life.
                              Day 1 again 11/5/19
                              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Finishing up my Day two after a couple day slip. Already, I feel much stronger. I am learning from each time I cannot resist. More tools, more planning and more desire to quit messing around and finally be done with the struggle. I'm looking forward to the next days and weeks because I know I'm ara tipping point where I will not fall back. I'm learning a lot from those of you who are successful. I hope to be one of you soon!

Availalble glad you posted and are ready to get right back on board. For all of us who have struggled in the last few days, we know what we want. We've been shown how to get there. These next days and weeks could be the most pivotal and enriching of our lives if we're willing to do the hard work. Let's give it everything we've got.
                                ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                                -----------------------------------
                                Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Working...
                                X