X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters,

Nice to see so many here today

panicprincess, I may be wrong but it sounds like you may be over-worrying your situation
    You are not having withdrawal symptoms now so why should they start tomorrow? You have your Xanax in case any problem does arise, right? Just be sure to drink lots of water the next few days & eat well. Have a safe trip home then let us know how you are doing.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest & a good day tomorrow. I will be out before sunrise & away all day

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I probably am over-worrying. I'm just scared. Thanks for the kind words

P

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all - weird day! I am glad I checked in tonight and read Nursies post - I have been feeling really tearful and sad for no real reason, and very tired too - I actually went on line and ordered some of Lav 's Amoryn in the hope it would help my mood, but maybe it is just because today is the most depressing day of the year. I wil be an optomist and decide i will wake up in a better frame of mind tomorrow!
        Lots of new folks tonight - welcome all - well done for taking the huge step to join in, you won't regret it!
        56 today and still feel the need to count - looking forward to not counting any more.
        congrats on your 70 days UW, and Belle for your 10days - lots of great staying power around.
        going to bed early - hoping for a good nights sleep, they are few and far between just now, hoping the sleep thing gets sorted soon, would love a good nights sleep...
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all New-newbies and everyone else tonight... hope you're having a nice evening in the Nest.

Welcome panicprincess, I also get quite anxious and have been reassured that its expected and I'll reassure you that it does pass. Sometimes the fear of something makes it bigger than you are, but try to remember your strengths, especially those that had you type whatever found you here! Good luck

I had yoga tonight and was reminded how wonderful exercise is for me. When I was drinking heavily, I was always so lazy, the most I ever did was walking back to the cold beer and wine store (in BC, we have these on every corner, more $ but convenient). Yoga not only moves my body but it really soothes my mind. Anyone thinking of something to try, or need reminder... do it (and then you can say downward dog ;-)

Jane, hope you're doing good in Florida... keep trying to ride that ipad and keep us updated!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters!

I'm surprised that yesterday is the most depressing day of the year. I had a great day. Went round to all hubby's friends and relatives to wish them a happy new year. Had a great dinner with his mom's close friends. Everyone drank but me and a 13 year old. We drank juice and ate loads of candies :-) Last night we played ma jiang and I won 98 yuan (almost $20)! We only play for a little money.

Welcome to all the new nesters joining this site. This is a really great site with lots of loving people. They will give you loads of encouragement, support, advice and inspiration!

UW- congrats on 70 days! You are awesome!

K9- Glad to hear you are feeling better. Maybe you should take a personal day just for you...you certainly deserve it after going in to work sick everyday. Glad you pushed those nasty al thoughts from your head.

Jane- Happy to hear that you are still doing well on your holiday. Only a few days left right? Stay strong. Btw, after you write your post, highlight it and copy it (Ctrl C), then when you have to log in again you can paste it back (Ctrl V). It saves a lot of time.

Today- Glad you enjoy yoga! I used to do it in my teens but now my unflexible body disagrees with yoga. I may have to slowly start up again.

I'm on day 26 today and feeling great. I am so happy cause so far I haven't had to deal with the dinners I was talking about. But I know they will happen soon. I am ready though and I will kick ass!

Hope you all have a great one nesters!
            "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
            Goal 1- 3 days al free
            Goal 2- 7 days al free
            Goal 3- 1 month al free
            Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

i am so happy to be on the other side of day 3.
              i was so preoccupied with myself that i wasn't very good to my girls.
              i couldn't pull my head out of my a--.
              took a lavender bath, stretched out, listened to nice music, poured out the last existing bottle of wine in the flat. went to bed early.
              so day 4.
              sometimes i try to pray to god or some sort of a higher power.
              i wish that something would show itself or that i could feel some sort of presence in my heart.
              i probably just need to open my eyes a little wider. or get my head out....

a wonderful day to you all! the 24th of jan.

Comment

Newbies Nest

One day AF. Yeah. I feel good. I have the day off and I am going to reward myself by doing something for me. Going for a walk to the store. I don't know. Not sitting here feeling sorry for myself. Lifechange hang in there. You are doing great. I hope you have a wonderful day today.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane- your 'shelling' sounds to much fun!!!! Im in Australia so forgive me for. It knowing but I'm guessing that means going along the beach collecting seashells, if so I'm jealous, I'd love to do that. Please tell us more about your adventure when u get a chance. Day 16 here.

And yes all, yesterday was sooo tough. I felt depressed and I dont get depressed!!!

Thanks also everyone who seemed to mention in the last few posts about when I start i can't stop, same here. It's like some kind of desperate version of me kicks off in my brain. I wish I knew more about the chemical process behind this feeling. The disease of more- oh yes it is!!!
                  45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
                  New day 1- 9 January !
                  Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone,

Day 16 here and everything is starting to feel natural again. In the past two years I've managed to quit for 3 months, 3 1/2 months, and 4 and 1/2 months and I feel like I'm now picking up where I left off. Like Scottish Lass I would like to get to the point where I don't count days anymore. For me it puts the daily focus on alcohol and, like a bad relationship, I would prefer to not think about it anymore when the time is right. What I'm doing differently this time is continuing to work on maintaining and enhancing my motivation and avoiding complacency at all cost.

Jane, Nursie, Australia and all the other day 16'ers - let's get another week done!

Glad to see so many new people too.
                    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks TheAnd for your support!

this morning i did something different!!--lots of you have recommended changing routine--i took the kids to school with the street car and ran (jogged) home. it's not that far, but it's a distance i've worked up to. of course if i'd had my ususal amount of drinks last night, i never could have managed.

K9 i'm going to copy your idea and head over to the hobby shop. i have dreams of repainting the living room, refinishing some furniture, etc. , but that all seems so overwhelming right now.

i can't wait to be at day 16. i know i should enjoy each day i stay sober.

Comment

Newbies Nest

daisy! are you sure you want to take a break from MWO? We'll miss you checking in and its nice to know you're on the same day as me and many others here too!
                        45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
                        New day 1- 9 January !
                        Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all nesters...good to know the most depressing day of the year is over so we're on an upswing!

Congrats on day 1 TheAnd! I'm glad to hear you did something for you.

This is going to be day 4 AF for me. My challenge is going to be to not become overwhelmed by all the work I have to do. I will do one thing at a time to the best of my ability.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Laughing loud you are correct you can't get overwhelmed. That is what gets me. I am in Europe not my homeland, have a stressful job that I love, have a 12 year old who misses her dad. Has a son about to deploy and learning how to relive my life after my husband of almost 24 years was killed. You can do it. I enjoyed my day off and I am putting a casserole in the oven so I can surprise my daughter. It is cold and damp here today but I feel light in my heart if that makes any sense.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning. I cannot believe how busy it is here! What a great thing. Welcome to the "newbie" Newbies! I'm sure you are already feeling the strength and support that this board provides. And most importantly, hope. I know that watching others successfully break free from alcohol, people with stories just like mine, has given me hope for my own situation.

So, day 4 for me. I'll be back tonight. I hope you all have a great day.
                              ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                              -----------------------------------
                              Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Newbies Nest

I had to laugh, LifeChange, at your post. There are 2 places I know for sure you won't find happiness....Up your A___ and in the bottom of a bottle! I looked, really good, so I can state with utmost authority it's not there. I am so happy you are looking other places, I found that being of service to others helped me. I know that sounds like some sort of political ad or some such...but trying to do something nice for someone else for no reason, helped/ helps me a lot. Take someone a cake...or a batch of cookies...you won't believe the good feeling that brings.
                                Canadian Girl, so proud of you! That culture can't be easy on us who love to drink...so well done on your 26 days! May I warn you what's around the 30 day corner? This is where many nesters fall out on their heads. This is the point at which you say...heck! 30 days??? I may have this thing licked! Don't fall for this thinking!!! Then the pity party comes a-calling....don't fall for that either...both of these things happen around 30 days, so fore-warned is fore-armed! Don't listen to The Voices, they are about to get really strong....you be stronger! Once you navigate these trecherous (sp?) waters, it will be smooth sailing. Don't forget, you are about to get a hat!!
                                Everyone is doing so well! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X