• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Semi sunny here this morning -

CONGRATS on 30 AF days Sufi!
    It's a wonderful feeling of accomplishment isn't it??

Today, caffiene really wires me up too. I really can't have any at all in the evenings if I want to sleep Hope you let that beer store close on it's own....

Hello to lifechange, Jolie, mylife, Australia & everyone! Planning ahead is the way to go!!!
    I like spending my free time indulging myself a bit in my new healthier habits & activities

Wishing everyone a great AF Saturday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I've been here a few times before and I'm back again. On Day #10 AF and feeling good. I still crave wine around dinnertime but have managed to push the thought away.
      When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
      -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nest!
        Jane good job on seeing it through. I really felt like that last week. I'm so glad that we can all take turns feeling strong and weak and in te middle so that we can help eachother.
        As much as I wanted to drink last night, I felt good being sober; being able to tend to the dishes, the kids, all the clean up. I love washing my face and reading before bed rather than passing out. I love that my kids see me sober even when others are drinking. That is the best part for me. I'm showing them that alcohol is not a given, it is not necessary, and I am not drinking just because other peole are drinking.
        Day 1 again 11/5/19
        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello All,

Looks like there's some real positive energy here the past several days. We're all moving forward even though at times it certainly isn't easy. Like the old saying goes, easy does it one day at a time.

This weekend is going to be fantastic even with the lousy weather. Got lots of real activities planned that don't involve sitting on the couch getting plastered. By the time Sunday night hits I'm ready to take on the week instead of dreading it. Have a great AF weekend everyone!
          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sufi!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!! 30 Days is huge, did ya ever think you could go one night without it, let alone a month???? Well done....and here, my Dear, is your hat! :bday2: Wow....go out and find yourself the best cookie there is, you deserve it.
            Lifechange....the answer is YES!!! There WILL be a day that the conscience decision to be sober will be as natural as putting on your socks. Nelz, got there around 6 months if I remember correctly, but it took me dang near the whole year...to really NOT think about it. However, I ruminate, harbor and lament with the best of them...I don't let go easily, so that might account for my longer lead time to real peace. But every day is better, you kinda don't realize it til you have it....if that makes sense. If you stay sober, you will find it!! Go out and bake a cake! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

That, really is the ultimate goal in all this isn't it? Not to NOT drink so much as to not have to THINK about drinking. Once that happens, the long battle is over. I know we have to be on guard for a lifetime but to reach that point where it's a non-issue is the beacon to aim for. Can't wait.
              Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
              ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Newbies Nest

i also can't wait not to think so much about it!!
                thank you Byrdie for your answer--i'm counting on that day coming at some point!!

today after my run i made a delicious smoothie and realized i really don't have a nice glass to drink it from. i pulled out a wine glass, poured it in, sat on the sofa and so enjoyed that D smoothie!!
                it's silly, but i somehow felt it was like a big F--- YOU! to the wine. i can drink whatever the F--- i want from my nice wine glasses!! excuse my language. it was liberating.

having said that, i'm struggling a bit tonight.
                i keep thinking of excuses to go outside again and I KNOW WHY!! i don't really need milk and i can change the cat box tomorrow, right? just light a little incense!!
                i will be checking in often this evening, i think.

xo to you all--

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks Jane!! that's a good idea. i'm also munching on chocolate.
                  wish i had some jelly bellies--i've had them on my mind since you mentioned them the other night.!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Life Change, I even want to buy those nice, big, glass wine glasses with a design on them. When I drank wine I was clumsy with them and always spilled some but now that I won't be drinking anything except fizzy fun drinks out of them, they are tempting. Switching a negative into a positive.. Nice going.

I hope you are staying tuff right now in fighting the witching hour. Stay home, get your jammies on. Picturing posting your slip on here tomorrow should stop you in your tracks if you're anything like me. That helped me last night.

Stay strong.
                    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stay strong everyone! I remember once Lolab told us, if it stayed as hard to stay sober as it was the first 30 days nobody could do it. Please ride out the rough edges, it gets better every time you do. Nothing is worse than Day 1. Hugs to all, Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lifechange wrote: you sound so strong and positive. Ha! I have always been the perfect actress and convincer. In this area, when it comes to controlling myself, I am so fragile and powerless. No, actually I must now stop thinking like that about myself. It is simply not true any more that I am powerless, the proof is that I AM NOT DRINKING!!!! And all of you, all my beloved friends who wrote so many congratulations today, have contributed greatly. I just cannot imagine any more that I would have to write - I am on day 1 again, and you would have to console me and give me strength for another beginning. I feel such an unusual tenderness for all of you, and tears of gratitude are coming into my eyes just now, something that has not happened to me in years, something I would just a month ago consider as unnecessary show of indecent emotion, ... Byrdlady, in her eternal wisdom, said:30 Days is huge, did ya ever think you could go one night without it, let alone a month???? She reminded me of my horrid past, just at the right moment. I was totally unable to survive a single evening without A. Long live the freedom! In the end, here is a pearl of a thought by Ibn Arabi from 13th century: A fool asks God for a cake, while a wise man asks Him for self-control. He must have known we would learn from him in the 21st century.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Sufi!!!

I love your quote at the end. That's awesome. From the 13th century no less. Will we ever learn??

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sufi and ScottishLass - 30 and 60 days!!!!! Congratulations to you both!!! I am just so very happy for all of us. I have talked up close and personal to people today who in the past I've had to back away from so they wouldn't smell the booze....it feeeeels gooooooooooooood!

Have a great Sat night everybody - oh it's so much easier now - you're so right byrdie!
                            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All

I haven't been around for a while so just a quick note. Now 85 days AF and loving life again. I joined the gym before Christmas and my fitness programme is coming along OK, I have managed to lose around 14lbs so far. I gave up the Campral a couple of weeks ago and so far not a single craving for AL. It would be wonderful to think that the worst is past but still I won't let my guard down just in case. I have been offered AL by a couple of people and so far it has been easy to say NO !

Although I don't come on here as often as I used to, I could not have achieved what I have without the help I received here. I will continue to visit regularly. I hope that those starting out on this journey to a magnificent new life will read this and see that if an old drunk like me can do this then so can they.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick check in. Heading out the door for dinner and a movie with my husband. We're doing it to make it easier for me not to drink tonight, but the bonus is... this is fun! It feels like a date. We never do this on a Saturday night. We always stay in and knock back the drinks. Yea! Baby steps!
                                ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                                -----------------------------------
                                Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Working...
                                X