Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Beginning--Hey there!! Cross Post!! Good Morning!!
    Thanks for your kind words--that means a lot!!:l
    I know what you mean about the "deserve to drink" or al is a reward...I think only when I went 30 days af did I see and fully understand what al had done to my mind and body. That was my total mind set...I swear to you before the month of April!!! Now before I drink I actually think...I wonder what this will do to me (physically)??? And I know what it does to my emotionally and mentally...I spent the last two days feeling like a total loser and total crap about myself...it won...it got the best of me. What I DO deserve is to treat myself better than that...so do you!!!
    SD:l
    "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
    7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Everyone! Thanks to all of you for the kind words and encouragement :l

Sea, congrats on all the Boston sports. Good luck today! I am sending positive vibes your way!

SD, I am so glad you got to talk to the guy on the phone. Sounds like it was a positive conversation. I still talk to my mom every day too!!

Dill, I too enjoyed talking to my son for Mother's Day and remembering it! I did have some wine yesterday, but stopped myself at two glasses. Thanks for all your advice. It is easy to forget that we are always needed even as we watch our kids grow up.

Hi there Beginning! Hope you have a great day.

Hello Lil, Luba, UNG, PR and all to come. I hope everyone has a great Monday! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone , I just joined & have done my very first ever postings today .Feel quite amazed that i managed to do it .

Today is day one & so i thought I'd try & join a couple of threads ....see how it all works & hopefully get ( & later maybe even able to give!! )some support & encouragement. Dont feel I have much to offer anyone right now but if I can help in anyway I will.

You all sound like really good people.
        wish me luck .... this is the first time in my life that I have come across people who seem to be so like me ( at least alcohol wise!)

Thanks for listening

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Bubblex! Good for you on posting and joining some threads. Stay close by, keep reading and posting. You will get the hang of the site soon enough. We are all here to help you, so ask questions too I hope to get to know you better.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,
            This seems like a nice place to settle down in, cuddles all round!
            I have been AF for 6 whole days - shocker!
            It's tough staying off it but im taking campral which really helps with the cravings! Everyone starting day one today good luck, remember everyday is day one and soon all the little day ones will add up, and AL will be something we 'used' to do (well thats the plan!)
            Here's a diet coke to rationallity, something i had forgotten all about completely until this week because of MWO!
            Much love
            nisha xoxo
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wildflower.
            Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
            And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello

Hi,
              I'm new here...posted on the antabuse thread once. I'm such an impulsive person. I ordered antabuse the other day but I'm having second thoughts about that one. I just ordered topamax today and I think I'm going to try that first. I'm hopeful. I've done Campral in the past.....thought I was doing good so I went off of it. Soon thereafter, relapsed. I'm just not stong enough to do it cold turkey. So...wish me luck. Today is day one....although I won't get my meds for a while, I'm hopeful.

Thanks to everyone who posts on here. I find this much more helpful than AA (for me anyway).

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bubblex, Lost Soul and Karen :welcome: the nest is a warm and comfy place with lots of room for everyone. So welcome and grab a twig and settle in.

I hope all you old nesters had a great mothers day. Mine was great. Lunch with my daughter was short but so sweat.

I'm grabbing the RTT (really tired tonight) twig

Dill, Chops, Sea, SD, Sweaty, Beginnings, Ung, Luba :groupluv:

PR-See you and G at tuck in
                AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey gang
                  I think I will join lil on the RTT. The tree pollen here is killing me.
                  Interview seemed to go really well. I would love to take the job. I will find out on Thurs or Friday if they are going to offer it to me. I can't settle in just yet. I have to go get food for my daughter's cat or she will be hanging off my eyelids at 5:30am.
                  Welcome to bubbles, Lost and Karen. Make yourselves comfy.
                  Hope everyone has a restful evening.
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey seabers
                    fingers, toes and even cameltoes crossed, hope you get the job
                    life is simple its just not easy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks DF. I so desperately need it.
                      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

many positive vibes from draggy to you.
                        gonna grab a twig soon
                        life is simple its just not easy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all!

I'm feeling much more chirpy after getting my essay in and having my mom meltdown yesterday. Welcome to the new Nesters ! X

Beginnings-how about rewarding yourself for being AF? I had a silver charm bracelet and would get a new charm for every AF goal I met. I also use smiley face stickers on the calender for AF days - it really helps to have a visual reminder.

Happy Tuesday

Bx
                          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello all and a big welcome to our newcomers.....you've come to the right place. The nest is a safehaven where you will be smothered in support and warmth rather than judgement.
                            Sea, goodluck with the job!! Warming up here in AZ....about 103 today....won't see anything under 100 for about the next 4 to 5 months.....'G' isn't loving that...keep him cool and hydrated when I'm away.....sweet dreams my precious ones.
                            Papa R & G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all. Is there still some space in the nest? I would LOVE to join.
                              MamaZ

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Muppett

Feeling very sick and guilty at the moment. Really want to quit the booze, keep trying but then the will power and good intentions I have in the morning desolve rapidly by late afternoon. Got to get this under control. New to this site so any advice is welcome. Cheers Kitadog63

Comment

Working...
                                X