• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Oh, MrsG. I am so sorry! We are all here for you
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mrsg, I am so sorry about your baby. As one who had gone through years of infertility, I just can barely imagine your deep sorrow. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.

I was thinking this morning about how I went out last night and did not drink. Prepping myself before with Byrdie's "No, HELL NO" in my head helped tremendously. Also, the thought of going back to Day 1 was a deterrent.

That said, last night I had another one of those stupid drinking dreams. I dreamed that I took in a big load of vodka into my mouth. Then I thought about it. Then I spit it out in the sink. Hmmm...I wonder if this has any deeper meaning?

Good day/night to all the nesters. Wishing you all a wonderful AF week. Kids are home from school here today and tomorrow. Big trigger for me, but "No, HELL NO"...I won't drink! If I do, I'll just spit it out and say :biteme: AL.
      BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mrsg - I'm so sorry about your news. I don't know what else to say, except that I'm thinking of you :l
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Let me try this again...I thought I was posting here earlier but I was in the January Jammers thread. Ah well.

Some of you know that I dread day 40 for some unknown reason. I have not taken my Antabuse since last Thursday because I want to really get through this without my "crutch". Maybe not a smart idea, I don't know. The only day I could drink would be Friday night, because Sunday I go to church at 9:00am, and I refuse to give that up because of drinking the night before. SO, I think I may have a new approach for "this" time around, Friday being day 39 for me. I have looked into AA meetings, and there is one on Friday night at 8:00pm, it's a Speaker Meeting. I don't want to talk or share, I just want to listen to experiences from someone else. I think this may be enough of something "different" to try this time. Any thoughts on this? I haven't been to AA in years, and I don't plan on going, other than to maybe "listen" once in a while. What I really hate, is that I'm so worried about Friday and it's only Monday. I HATE how alcohol, and thoughts of it are so all-consuming!
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

mrsg;1253362 wrote: Hi Everyone,

I hope you all are keeping well. As some of you know I found out I was pregnant in late Dec and unfortunately I just found out that I'm losing my baby. I'm devastated and numb, I'm getting a d&c tomorrow as the baby stopped growing 3 weeks ago. I've really wanted to drink to numb the pain but I haven't and I won't. Anyway I'll check in again soon xxx
            My heart goes out to you Mrsg. I have been there a number of times having had six pregnancies and only two live births. Lost two boys at 16 weeks and had a full term stillborn daughter. So from experience I can say that time does heal but the pain is so great that it is overwhelming for months. I give you kudos for not numbing out with alcohol. You are a very strong woman and I respect you tremendously.

Will be thinking of you ...
            Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
            ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Newbies Nest

i, too, am so sorry to hear of your loss, mrsg. i hope you will do whatever you need to do to get through this without alcohol. you have the strength deep within. my thoughts will be with you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

thank you Lavande for the hypnosis tip. i've heard a lot of you talking about them--i'm sad to say i've never been so open minded re: hypnosis. do you think that matters? is it one of those things you have to believe in to see results?

Byrdie, that's exactly how i felt yesterday. i wanted to gulp a bottle. GROSS!!! and WHY? it's almost just like an act of defiance.?? anway. NO; HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

k9, just wanted to say, i don't think aa meeting are a bad place to go and listen. and they're a great place to go and not drink for 1-2 hours.! unless you're allergic like nursie-- then it could be dangerous. that cracked me up, Nursie. i think aa prob causes many to run right out and drink!!
                i've always been able to get a bit, at least one little thing, out of the meetings. i've only been to 5!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

i am right behind you on day 10 starfish!! i've thought of stopping to count days and to just say, "i don't drink. period!" i don't know. when i think of 60 days it seems like such an awful lot of work to get there.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I feel the same way about keeping track, L.C. but I just found the Drink Tracker link (I think it's under General Discussion) and it's very easy to work and is great at visualizing your progress. Why don't you take a look?
                    Lav, I wish I had the hypnosis tape! When I save enough money from not drinking, I am going to buy it, but for now, I just keep playing the advice I get from all my feathered friends on this site over and over in my head (day and night)...idk why, but today is real hard
                    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MrsG - so very sorry for your loss. Please take the time to self care, to grieve for the loss of your little one. Thoughts and prayers are with you.....
                      :h:l:l
                      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

eeeeeee!! yuk.... i hate germy hands!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

scottish lass;1253422 wrote: MrsG - so very sorry for your loss. Please take the time to self care, to grieve for the loss of your little one. Thoughts and prayers are with you.....
                          :h:l:l
                          That was beautiful advice Scottish Lass.
                          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                          ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Newbies Nest

jane27;1253425 wrote: ... no I absolutely DON?T want to strip it all off and bare my naked ass with a bunch of bare naked ass strangers, and hold germy hands, and hear about that goddamn 4th step again. (deep breath).
                            :H:H Jane - just got a great chuckle out of that. Especially the 4th step...:H

IMHO you are absolutely right - MWO IS a support group. I think it just hasn't been around long enough and people are slow to listen to new ideas....but with all the success stories we're racking up here I think it will be catching on!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello again everyone!

Mrsg, I too am very sorry to hear your news. Please take care of yourself & know that we are all thinking of you.

lifechange & anyone else thinking about the hypno CDs-
                              Are you open to changing your thinking in order to change/improve your lives?
                              Are you willing to try something new to help you relax without AL?
                              That's what the CDs did for me. They helped me learn to relax & change my thinking from chronically negative thoughts to positive ones. Since using those CDs I have moved on to establishing a regular meditation practice - something completely different for me with fabulous results
                              I promise you the cost of the CDs was nothing compared to what I spent at the wine store

K9, I need to ask - what's the real reason you stopped your Antabuse? I'm not trying to be miserable with you, I just want to be sure you're really thinking with a level head. So what if you continue taking it through your 40 day mark or even longer? It takes a very long time for us to change our habits & thinking & to become comfortable living a sober life. Why do you feel the need to rush through this learning period/adjustment time? It sounds kind of like you are punishing/torturing yourself a bit. Why do that? Be kind to yourself & give yourself every possible advantage to be successful - we all want that for you :l

Have a great afternoon one & all!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 - had similar thoughts to Lav and Jane - why stop something that you know works at this time, just continue a little longer and when you DO get past 40 days you will feel so much stronger in yourself to go to the next step???
                                And to the comments about AA - it is so not for me, I am a total introvert and am not good at sharing - AA gives me the heebie jeebies, and that is without the germ sharing!! Different strokes for different folks - my old neighbor went to AA and I was jealous she had it - then I found MWO and I have my support group! I can remain shy and introverted as I am anonymous here, and I can share when I can't see you - and no judgement to be found in the nest - works for me!:l:l
                                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                                X