Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

K9 you are one of the wisest members on this forum and so many others have learned so much from your advice and your honesty. I agree with Lav and Jane. It does not seem like a good idea for you to try to make it through this week without the benefit of the Antabuse. Since last Nov. I have had three AF stretches. One was 12 days. One was 20 days and this one is 11 days (and I don't intend to fail at this one). We want you to have all the advantage you can have to keep going with your quit, K9. We don't want you to take a chance in disappointing yourself. We love you and care about you ! Keep up the good work !
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Friends, just a quick check in to say hi!

Mrsg, I am very sorry for your loss, you are in my thoughts.

K9, wishing you some strength!

I hope everyone is having a good AF day!
      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
      AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mrsg...No words of mine can help...but I am sure thinking of you, and pray for your continued strength. Much love, B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick checkin for me - made it past a boring company dinner without AL last night.....it was painful, but not because of the lack of alcohol..........just the function in general. Ugh........becoming a hermit is holding greater and greater appeal.

Mrsg.......so so very sorry.....just want you to know we're thinking of you. :lilheart:

OK, the AA stuff is crackin me up............:H:H I too like the cool, calm, anonymity of MWO.....no pressure here.....no sweaty palms......no forced prayers......

K9, I hope you'll take everyone's advice and not test yourself yet on the Antabuse. Sorry you're having to go through the other stuff of dredging up the past. But, you're in a much better place now and it was a long time ago.:l

Day 77 here everyone.............Sending you all lots of love.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mrsg I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Having been through similar things countless times and often turning to AL I am so proud you are not. I can only offer a shoulder and ear (PM) if you want to talk. Be kind to yourself. I'm thinking of you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hellow nesters. Just a quick message to ask for tips to keep strong. I'm not really craving. Guess that's well and truly out of my system. I'm on day 70 today! I just have fleeting thoughts of drink- be it for a night out or just a "it would be good to have a glad of wine with this meal" or " wish I could just get drunk ad not care or be addicted". Of course my rational mind dismisses the thought and I have not acted on it. It's jug there was a time a few weeks back when the AF determination was do strong. Did anyone go back and re-read Jason Vale? Wondering if that is something that I should do. I don't want to feel like the horrible order few weeks of constant battling. I've lbed the past few weeks where it's been easy so why am I getting these stupid thoughts???

Comment

Newbies Nest

Min - understand what you are feeling. I do not have the same cravings as before, it os more the unsolicited thought that seems like drip torture - "nice glass of wine would be so good just now" with a meal, with a snack, because it is the weekend, beacuase it is 5pm, becuase that was hard day, because that was bad day, because I am happy, because I am sad and on and on and on - yup, I am at 60 something and look forward to not being on my guard for the sneak up.
                I have been reading different threads here, looking back at some of my old miserable ones - mainly being on here, really looking at those who decided to have the just one and ended up right back at the beginning. There are some really good threads and most days i find a new one that seems to have a message just for me....and the dread of having to post the message I have posted too many times about being back on day one again....nope, don't want to do that....and I hope it is always don't want to more than I want the wine...
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Scottish lass. I'm getting the same Thoughts. In a way good to know we are not alone and that the darn evil AL works in the same old way. I will have a read back on threads. How do you find your old threads. I do remind myself of what it was like. Like for example in the shower I remind myself how hungover and rancid i felt talk h a Howe after a night of drinking. All I would think about iscrawling back into bed but I had to be functional! I NEVER want to feel like that again!

Comment

Newbies Nest

It is very relieveing to know what we are feeling is happening to others.
                    if you click on your name (or anyones name) to the right of the avatar, there is a list of options and one is to read all posts submitted by that person. I look up others too, if someone posts something that really strikes a chord, I find other posts and new threads too

Comment

Newbies Nest

PS - congrats on 70 days too! getting closer and closer to 100!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mrsg, thinking of you
                        K9- you know what to do. Setting yourself up for failure is self-sabotage.
                        Antabuse=peace
                        No Antabuse=war

If you hang around in a barber shop, sooner or later you're gonna get a hair cut.

I had a pretty good day today. No cravings. Going to bed early I think!
                        Day 1 again 11/5/19
                        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Scottish lass. I'll have a look now. Hope some past post I've written will redrawn my memory. I like the idw aid reading other people's inspiring quotes too!

Comment

Newbies Nest

And well done you too! Did I tad you are around 60 days or so too? X

Comment

Newbies Nest

Once again, you all gave me good advice. It does sound like the AL talking doesn't it: "You can't use Antabuse as a crutch your whole life...blah, blah, blah" Well, according to my doctor, I CAN use it as long as I want to. I had an amazing doctor visit today. It was my first time seeing her, due to an insurance change, and I have to say I like her A LOT. She commended me on facing my problem and seeking help, and she said she will do everything in her power to help me be successful. She took me off of Xanax and put me back on Ativan. She prescribed Celexa as a long-term solution to anxiety and/or depression. She referred me to a few counselors that I can take my pick from. She also told me not to stress over quitting smoking right now. She said it's the "lesser of two evils" at this point. She told me "Lets see how you are in 2 months, then 6 months, then 9 months, then a year....then we'll tackle the smoking and getting you off all medication". I really feel like she has my best interest at heart, so I feel very fortunate right now. I'll get back on the Antabuse today. I was convinced earlier to get back on it today, but due to my doctor appointment I couldn't go home for "lunch". You guys are the best, thank you so much for being there for me today. I rarely have "hard" days, but when they hit I immediately feel like throwing in the towel. But I'm working on that.

:h K9
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Smart move K9 :h Hey I was thinking when I read some of the advice you were getting:

If you have a broken leg you'd use a crutch, no? Well we peeps have a broken whaszzzzz and we need whatever crutches we can get a hold of :H:H For me it's Topamax, for someone else it's Baclofen, for you it's A'buse, for someone else it's tea and a facial, for someone else it's AA meetings and lots of black coffee....back rubs, hypnosis, or just lots of support from perfect strangers on an internet forum...

what the heck, we all need something no matter what the problem. Then as time goes by and our broken whaszzits get better we can let go of the crutch - at least that's my plan.

over and out...:h
                                Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                                (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Working...
                                X