Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

It's not in my nature to give a hat prematurely...every day is earned, but I'm going to be away for a couple days and not able to post, and I want to make sure that Clear Eyes gets what is so richly deserved! Your hat!!:bday2: but you can't wear it until tomorrow!!! 30 Days is huge!!! Now don't get complacent! Well done!!
    Welcome Mommy! When you get right down to it, all of our stories are the same...we thought we could control it and then we couldn't. But do tell us about yourself, that's part of the beauty of this place. We dig up the past when we need to...for support or a kick in the pants. Tell us what brought you by....We have lots of success here in the nest...if you are serious about getting AL out of your life, you have landed in the right spot. I will suggest that you go back about a month if you have time, and read forward. We've had lots of new nesters lately, so you will see you aren't alone in this battle of wills. Lav will be along to give you the nuts and bolts of this site...and if you have any troubles navigating, she's your chick!!! We are glad you are here, and you will be,too, in a few short days!! Welcome! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Hello & welcome to weezies sister & Mommy!
      Glad you found the nest - this is a good place
      Great decision to take back control of your lives, you won't be sorry. If you haven't already be sure to download & read the MWO book from the Health store here on the site. It has lots of good info for you. Making a good plan is essential to your success. Look in the Monthly Abstinence - My Way Out Forums for some great ideas. Stay close to the nest & check in often.

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Humpday
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!!

It's been a long time since I've posted I feel. I am still in hubby's town. What turned into a 7-10 day vacation will soon turn into 2 weeks. The "dinners" are over and we can stay at home and relax now. We only had 3 big dinners that I was talking about, but all the other nights there was alcohol with dinner. AND, I am happy to say that I am still sober. I have no idea how, but so far I've made it. Today I am on day 34. I will admit I was tempted a few times, but I knew that "one night" would turn into many many more and I didn't want to ruin my holiday. I am sooo looking forward to going back to Beijing. As of today no guests will come over during the day and I will be bored! Bored, for me, can lead to drinking and there is alcohol in MIL's house. I just keep singing Aretha's song in my head, "I will survive!"

I haven't had time to read over the posts as the last few days have been busy. I hope everyone is doing great and welcome to any newbies there might be.
        "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
        Goal 1- 3 days al free
        Goal 2- 7 days al free
        Goal 3- 1 month al free
        Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everybody,

Welcome to Weezies-sister, clear eyes and Mommy! Weezie, the thing you posted about it taking on another life in you really says it well, I think. It gives me goosebumps a little bit! The good news is that you can take your life back! You can wake up every day feeling like you can take over the world, sleep like a stone, be calm and relaxed, finish watching a movie without passing out, have enough energy for your actual life, instead of barely surviving the day...

This thread is very useful: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Hope to see you around!:welcome:
          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane, I think the similarities are part of the reason that I identified with you right from the start. (and thanks for the compliment...)

I am off and running this morning...not by choice. My kitchen still sits in a state of half-painted-ness ...well, maybe only 1/8....ugh. I need groceries - but I DID manage a shower before bed last night!

To the newcomers...there is no way I'd be able to handle unexpected situations if I still had my head stuck in a bottle of vodka or wine. I DIDN'T handle them...I just muddled through them. But sometimes there are difficult situations and decisions in life that really have to be handled with a clear head.

A few months ago, I would have taken cues from my last couple days as a sign that I "needed" to drink to handle things....and honestly? I am pretty sure I'd have started already today... (It's 8:16 AM). After 4 months, my brain is being logical in that I haven't even considered it.

lola
            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks for checking in CG - I was wondering about you! And CONGRATULATIONS on your 30 days!!!!!!! holy heck, I am impressed with you!!!!!!
              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lola! I didn't think I could do it to be honest. I should really say thanks to all of you. You were the ones I had in my mind when someone offered me "just a glass" of beer. I just read over all of the posts. Wow! So much activity going on here I don't even know where to begin. Hope you all have a great one!
                "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
                Goal 1- 3 days al free
                Goal 2- 7 days al free
                Goal 3- 1 month al free
                Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone!

Byrdie, I laughed at you talking about that cat that limped whenever someone was in the room. LOL And Lav, you mentioned your dog that weighs 100+ lbs...sometimes I dog sit my sisters Bullmastiff, he's 140lbs, and I let him sleep in my bed. It's like having a man there, only less irritating, I much prefer the dog. LOL

CG - You are doing so well. How long does this Chinese New Year last? All year? lol

So here's something that's never happened to me, I know it happens to other people a lot. I "ran across" a full bottle of vodka last night! It was in a cabinet in the hallway that is designed to be the bar area. I store table cloths, paper plates, etc, in there. Well I was digging away and there it was! Brand new, never opened. When I first moved to my house I had a lot of guests over so I'm sure it was given to me, since I never provided anything but beer. I always said if you want to drink you have to bring your own (that's called being cheap, and being a bad hostess...lol). So it's still sitting there. I'll give it away at some point, but I'm not really bothered by it. It just suprised me because I never hid my alcohol, I always knew exactly what I had, and where. Now I know what others have gone through "stumbling" upon a long ago stash.

Well that was my excitement for the night. LOL. I watched intervention, but the lady was on crack and sold scrap metal for drug money. I couldn't really relate. She also sold her Xanax pills for $700 a month. And I have to admit for one fourth of a second I thought, "hey I could sell mine"...LOL Seriously I wouldn't even know how to go about doing that, and oh yeah, it's illegal!

Hope everyone has a good day and stays strong!

xoxo
                  K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone, not checked in for a few days as I have been wonderfully busy with my new found energy!!! day 25 for me the 30 day mark (that I have never managed before) is within my grasp I am def going to make it this time, no craving past couple days but I havent been near any triggers I have a big test coming up on Sunday a big family doo with the booze flowing, I plan to take the car and eat lots to get me through it!!!!

Good to see your all doing well Take care and be strong xx
                    Stella

Back to the beginning day 02 Jan 2013

Grateful for MWO :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, I'm not sure who I writing to. I joined a week or so ago, and I need to connect with a few people to keep myself motivated and honest with myself.
                      Is anyone there?
                      Aison

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Alison, welcome you have lots of support in this thread I would also suggest back reading there will be many of us you can identify with

keep posting it really helps :welcome:
                        Stella

Back to the beginning day 02 Jan 2013

Grateful for MWO :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good to see everyones positive attitude, every time I think even think about drinking I just remember that nasty taste of tequila on NYE, haven't drank sense. At work today I had to taste through a flight of wines (6). I just tasted and spit then rinsed my mouth after the tasting. That shit doesn't even taste good anymore. The others at the tasting were all talking about wonderful blueberry, raspberry, jammy, currants, the difference of Hungarian or French oak. I just wanted to get back out in the vineyards to check my crews and tractors.
                          Take Care and wish everyone an AF 2012. WW
                          100 days 04-10-12, entering the danger zone, Rodger that!

6 months July 1st

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank u for being so welcoming. It made a big difference tonight when I sat down and checked in. My dh is away and that is usually a trigger for me to misbehave. Laundry drunk. I found that so funny. My dh is too helpful a chap and is always in there mucking around. Nope, nowhere to hide it in my house. But we both drink so there is alcohol in the house. He rarely overindulges. I like a glass of wine and some evenings that is all I have. But I can predict WhEn I will binge. And I have noticed it is taking less alcohol for me to have effects. So, I really need to cut way down or if I can't cut it out. I am going to stay close tonight and read stories here....maybe that will keep me sober.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters,

Quick check in for me - need to get a shower then get ready for my shows (modern family is my fav).

Hey crankypants Jane - hope your bad mood goes away soon. Good idea coming here.

:welcome: to aison and mommy - glad you have joined us! Like to know a little more about you - everyone here has a story so share away if you so fee inclined

Stella and nursie - you guys sound very positive today! Careful on Sunday Stella - having a plan like you described is huge!

WW - don't know how you do it. I've honestly never thought any wine tasted good - it was just the end result I was looking for - not the taste Hope you don't have to repeat the tastings too often.

K9 - You are much stronger than I - pretty sure everything is gone from my house but I was emptying the trash in the basement the other day (it's where I dump the kitty litter). When I took the bag out of the can, I noticed one of my empty boxes in the bag - yes I know it was empty cause I checked

That's why I know I must steer clear of all temptation.

Hope you all have a great night - tomorrow is my Friday and I am so ready for the end of this workweek!
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Evening Nestkins,

I don't post here much anymore but I just want to wish Jolie the happiest of congratulations for achieving 30 days and then some!:yay:inkele: I am so proud of you!! We all miss you on the Monthly Abs Thread. Come back, come back. We miss you! There's no place like home....there's no place like home, there's no place like home. Good job to all the Nest Dwellers for making the commitment to being AF!

Comment

Working...
                                X