Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Yeah! Day 30! 1/3/2012. Thanks for the congrats. So tired. Bad day at work. Going to curl up by the fire and head to bed early. I NEED a good nights sleep!

Best to all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sprinkling sober dust on the nest tonight.
      My mood was bad then good. Fricken Al brain.
      I kept myself away from functions and people who would tempt me today, and the coming week even, because I am not feeling like I can test my resolve right now. So I stay protected. Under the wings of Byrdie and Lav. nice and cozy.
      Day 1 again 11/5/19
      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav swooping in to wish everyone a safe night in the nest!
        Had a busy day that's not over yet as my 3 yr old grandson is spending the night

Welcome to Aison!
        Be sure you download & read the MWO book - it's where I started. You can find it in the Health store here on the website. Stay close to the nest, we'll help keep you honest

Good night all!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh my - struggling after two very successful evenings! I have no idea how this crept up on me! Did not drink at a session at the bar after a work board meeting, then did not drink at a reception after our year end celebratory staff meeting - was so proud, but on my journey home all I could think of was relaxing with a glass of wine, and now I am home it is stronger! I can't recall Lav's acronym - but yes, I am cold, tired, hungry and lonely - so off to bed to sleep the thoughts away and hopefully wake up to a new day with better thoughts!
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Jane - thanks!!
            Before bed quick apology for being a crankypants and making it all about me!
            Welcome Weezies Sister - glad you made it over here!
            Hi Mommy and Aison - glad to have the company.
            Well done Clear eyes and CG on 30 days - feels good doesn't it!
            Will be back tomorrow in a better mood when I wake up and know I beat the devil again! And if I am not in a better mood, I will just have to have a really stern talking to myself!
            Happy Feb and heres to an AF one!!
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, everyone! I started yesterday. I just found this nest. Great idea!

It''s my first day of not drinking. It's 9:57 and I haven't had a drink. It's not so bad. Just kind of bored and tired. It's kind of easy to skip drinking tonight when I still feel kind of bad from last night. Tomorrow night will be harder I suppose.

I am excited to wake up tomorrow and accomplish my first goal: Not drinking for one day! See you tomorrow!
              Goal 1: One day: DONE
              Goal 2: One week: DONE
              Goal 3: One month
              Goal 4: We'll see
              :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone in the nest for being here. I’m mostly a lurker (sounds so sneaky), but I owe you all so much. I am truly grateful to all of you for sharing your stories. I’m at 135 days AF today -- had to check my calendar this morning -- and couldn’t have done it without you. Thank you!!!!

Scottish lass and Jane -- I think your decision to just go to bed is probably the best idea!

Goodnight!
                AF since 9/20/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Pronto -- I knew you could it!

Congrats on day 1!!!
                  AF since 9/20/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello everyone!!
                    jane i love that you wrote a cranky post. everyone is allowed to be cranky sometimes! most important is to come here and get it out and not drink!

welcome new nesters! and nice to hear from you wicked--135 days!
                    Clear eyes--congrats on day 30!!!

i have my last of 3 really difficult days at work--so i'm off.

wishing you all a wonderful sober thursday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

NEW and tired

I have spent years saying that I do not have a problem, but low and behold I am turning 31 next week and cannot remember the last birthday I have been sober.....I think since about 15. I have mastered avoidance of family and masking my issue- even going to meetings because of my fathers drinking problem that I have continually blamed for ruining my life, relationships and self. I recently moved across the country to get away from my bartending job, drinking buddies, etc. And here I am- doing it all over again, not knowing how to be in a social environment without alcohol......like I am not whole without it. I am sad and need a change. I want my life back.
                      How do you approach a doctor about getting the Topamax?
                      I really do not know where to start.
                      Starter pack?? Book? CD??
                      I almost dont want the book in case someone sees it- I feel guilty even owning my problem??
                      Please help get me started here......
                      THANK YOU
                      ALSO- no idea how this thread stuff works, please bear with me

Comment

Newbies Nest

Same here......Day 1 for me. Its 10:45 here, and I am without- although I am still at work and it will technically be tomorrow when I get out. Good luck to you. Did you get any of the books/cds? Or meds?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone - so sorry to be not posting too much right now! I have a lot on with work and quite a few 15 hr days. Sounds like everyone is doing great. Well done Jolie on day 30!!!
                          Jane- really like reading your posts and the crankiness doesn't bother me, your entitled to it from time to time.
                          Byrdlady - u ended your post that you hid things in shoes and then said ugg in disgust. I hid mine in uggs!!! Had to laugh reading this- lol.

Intervention the show helped me at first but now I find it scary to watch

Scottish- good job on those work events, it can be so hard.
                          Starfish- sounds like u are doing so well!
                          K9- love the idea of those doggie steps, how cute! And good move re: antabuse!

Wishing everyone well and will check in again ASAP.
                          Not long for 30 days- yay! And u too jane!
                          45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
                          New day 1- 9 January !
                          Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: to Pronto, Wickedmom and Shelled99. This is definitely the place to start the journey towards a life without alcohol and YES - it can be done! Someone else here might be able to help better with the book, CD's and supplements - I did take the l-glutamine during the first several weeks and I do believe it helped with the cravings. Reading thru all the threads is probably the best suggestion I could make to you right now. Lots and lots of good information here. Hope to get to know all of you better!

Australia - thanks and I've been working some 10+ days myself - good thing about that is by the time I get home, all I can think about is dinner, a nice cup of decaf coffee and then climbing into bed for some nice sober sleep

CONGRATULATIONS clear eyes and canadian girl for 30 days! :happy::happy:
                            You guys are doing awesome!

Happy ground hogs day to Scottish Lass, lifechange, Lav, Lola, Byrdie, Jane, anyone else who stops by.

Rusty - thank you so much for your kind words - feeling so much better now that I have 30 days - I'll definitely be popping into the abbers thread today!
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning!!!
                              Nice to see you Aus! And still going strong! Me, you and Jane, and Allswell on day 25 today! And hopefully Daisy but she hasn't been posting in a bit.

135 day lurker! My Gawd woman! Congratulations and get to posting! You probably have a wealth of knowledge for us with all those AF days!!!

Who did I miss... I hate posting from my phone because I can't go back... Love to all for a Sober Thursday!
                              Day 1 again 11/5/19
                              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Well, the stupid groundhog saw his shadow this morning predicticting 6 more weeks of winter - duh :H :H

jane & SL - glad to hear you both thought it thru last night
                                H-hungry
                                A-angry
                                L-lonely
                                T-tired
                                Address all those issues when yuo are having drinking thoughts - always worked for me!!!

Wicked Mom congrtas on yuor 135 AF days - terrific!

Hello & welcome to Pronto & Shelled!
                                Glad you both found the nest, make yourselves comfortable.
                                I do recommend starting with the MWO book - it has a lot of info for you about the program. You can download it for immediate readin or order a hard copy. Then take a look in the Monthly Abstinence - My Way Out Forums for lots of great ideas to help you make your plans.
                                I loved the MWO Hypno CDs - think about getting them. They helped me learn to relkax without AL & change my thinking about just about everything

Wishing everyone a terrifif AF Thursday!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X