Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Scottish Lass - fantastic that you came right back here - that was my downfall. I was too ashamed to come back. Like you said, you have to focus on the positive and how many days you have accumulated. There is a lot of pressure here I think at times to count days and while for those that are succeeding, it's a beautiful thing to be able to post how many days AF we've accomplished, however, starting over can seem overwhelming to some and I'm afraid that's why they go away.

MWO has so drastically changed and improved my life from where I was a couple of years ago. I know it can do the same for you and everyone else here. Just keep trying - nobody's perfect and I, like you, beat myself up after every single slip I had. We must not dwell on it - just move on - yes you slipped but now you know that having that bottle of wine in the house may have been just more temptation then you can handle right now. I'm sending you a big, big cyber hug and also lots of strength. You will be fine - just hang in there with the rest of us - we all want the same thing and the plus side is we are connecting with people just like us and making friends at the same time.

Hang in there girl - you can do this!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Scottish Lass, you went 66 days! I haven't been sober 66 days in over 10 years! That's an accomplishment! And it's okay to start over. Actually, it's not really "starting over." It's picking up where you left off.

I'm 4 days AF now. This is the longest I have been AF in over 10 years. The longest I have ever made it before is 3 days max.

I'm tired every day, which I guess I can expect. Like right now, at 1:00 p.m., it's time for a nap.

I'm eating whatever I want for now, within reason. I'm not pigging out on anything, but I'm not worrying about counting calories when I make a meal.

Even though I'm not coming here all the time, it's motivating to be able to come back and say that I'm still on track. It's also motivating to come back and read the small victories you guys are sharing.
      Goal 1: One day: DONE
      Goal 2: One week: DONE
      Goal 3: One month
      Goal 4: We'll see
      :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 1

and feeling a little bit apprehensive and emotional....I need to make it to end of day two before I can take the antebuse (just to be safe)

{{hugs}} to everyone

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mum....if you can go the last 24 hours, you can go the next! The worst is behind you! Distract yourself, and eat!! Do whatever it takes to get thru this day! Well done to you! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick Post before I read back some of the thread. Just wante sto say day 75 an I am so pleasd. It's my daughters first birthday and I pleased to
            Give her te best present ever... A sober present and loving mummy. I am so thankful for this site the people and resources that have helped me get to such as place. 25 more to go before 100!!!

Off to read back posts. X

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nest!
              SL, do you mean to tell me that you have been 66 days sober and you had a bottle of wine right under your nose?? No siree bob, I would not be able to so it. I get a case of the fuckits weekly or more so I do not trust myself with any alcohol at all!
              Now it's gone, keep it moving, it doesn't undo all your sober days.

It's like riding a bike, imagine if we said "oh no, I fell, I'm not getting on THAT thing again!" how crazy right! Of course we can ride. The road might get bumpy. We might skid out. But we are getting back on the damn bike because we know how to ride it.

I speak in metaphors a lot don't I? Lol

Had a wonderful sober superbowl. Cooked lots of food with sober friends and kids and we had a blast.
              It was a great day.
              Day 1 again 11/5/19
              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Didn't watch the Superbowl just as I promised :H
                Hope those of you who watched enjoyed yourselves

SL, keeping that bottle of wine in the house wasn't a great idea if you intended on remaining AF.
                Honestly, if there was a bottle sitting here I'm not sure what would happen. It's always your choice. You need to decide if you really want an AF life more than you want to drink.
                We will be here for support, as always.

MinStar, congrats to you & happy birthday to your daughter!!

My daughter sent me a video tonight of my grandaughter taking her first steps on her own. She will be turning 1 later this month. Happy days

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest.
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning!!

TODAY i am choosing not to drink!!
                  today i am choosing to continue to improv my life.
                  i KNOW for a fact that i can make it through one day, today-- and can worry about tomorrow then.

went on a crazy run this morning and almost froze my toes off--not to mention my nose. brrr....
                  but it was gorgeous with snow on the ground, the sun shining and cute little red squirrels chasing eachother around the trees.
                  now i'm catching up with all of you, having a cup of tea and cookies.

good going Minstar for being so diligent! i agree there's no better gift you could give your little one.
                  wishing everyone a wonderful monday...

Comment

Newbies Nest

i love your mets, Nursie.
                    it's nice to look at things differently--of course i'd get back up on that damned bike again!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone. I've been lurking for a long time.
                      I've been going ok for quite a few m

Comment

Newbies Nest

.... (sorry, on my phone and not used to it)...anyway...
                        been going ok for a few months now but certainly haven't been perfect.
                        Hoping that getting out of lurkland may help me get a bit better-
                        higher up back on that horse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Cara!

Nothing wrong with lurking to try and learn the ropes and navigate your way around here. Please jump right in! The nest is a busy place and that's a good thing. We are all here because we feel like we've reached the end of our rope when in fact, we sometimes don't realize how much we help others just by sharing our story.

Feel free to share yours and know that you are in a great place with lots of caring, supportive friends.

:l
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks so much Jolie.

I was feeling scared to post, but I'm now so glad I did (here and in the Oz thread).

You're so right- you all really do help so much by sharing your stories. It has helped me a lot over the past six months or so. I will share mine too as well very soon I hope.

I'm so glad I made the leap. I've been going forwards for quite a few months and the realised I was going backwards again. It was this realisation that made me make the jump

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Hello & welcome Cara!
                              Make yourself comfy in the nest & above all, make yourself a good plan

Had my grandson here overnight so I must get him dressed, fed, dropped off at home & then get myself to Curves
                              Wishing everyone a terrific AF Monday!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just realized I am on day 29!
                                Tomorrow is 30 days!
                                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2: