Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Did something last night I thought I could never do, but did...thanks to this site and all the wonderful people here.

My husband opened a bottle of Cabernet. And I did not drink a single drop of it.

Could have never even considered *not* having a glass or 3 with him, even a few short months ago. And the funny thing was, it was not difficult. I quickly went through the scenario of what the consequences would be and it was a no brainer.

Thanks to all you great people in the nest...those that have been here for a while and those that have had the courage to join and share.:thanks:
    BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

good for you, Belle.
      as i was getting ready for a nap today i was thinking about our ability to choose. for everyone it's a necessity to have at least the feeling of being able to make a choice. if we're told we CAN'T have something or do something, many of us--i'm def. one of them--will go 100% to prove that wrong. it's been said here so often, but it somehow just hit me today--that i can drink if i want to. noone has said i can't-not the police, not the doctor, not my man, not my parents--it's 100 percent my decision not to drink. i don't know why, but putting it in that perspective gave me more of a feeling of having the power and the ability to make the choice. it's easier.
      been said--i know. but i always need a bit more time to get it!

welcome Cara!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lolab asked me to tell the nest that she won't be able to post for a short while. She is thinking of us all and wishing us strength, as we wish that for her. She is AF, so don't worry about that, but please keep her close in your thoughts and prayers as she goes thru a difficult time. Her love to all, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Scottish...I've been thinking long and hard about you. But you know what? There, but for the grace of god, go all of us!! The only people counting days are us, and let me tell you what...what you've accomplished here is major league! I know it feels awful, but we have ALL done it. As we all know too well here, you can't change the past. Get a couple good AF days behind you and keep on going and don't look back! I'm so glad you came back...I didn't, and the only one that hurt was me. Climb right back up here and glue yourself in! Byrdie
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie,
            I think we should install extra nest belts & velcro around here - just in case

Hope today is better for you SL.

Heard from lola myself this morning :l

nursie - looking at 30 days tomorrow - awesome!

lifechange, everyday is a choice. We wake up & choose to be sober, happy & healthy

Belle, good job passing on the wine. Does your husband even know that you have quit? Wondering why he would open a bottle around you.....

Greetings jane & everyone!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Like Nursie, Jane, and Australia, I'll be at 30 days tomorrow. I'm going to be grateful for getting to 30 and then I'm going to stop counting days. Like Jane says the number doesn't necessarily dictate commitment. Whenever I count it just puts alcohol front and center and I want the opposite, to forget about it or at least to think about it as little as possible. Any day alcohol does not enter my thoughts at all is an absolutely perfect day! Hope everyone is moving forward with their goals today.
              2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am on day 30!!! wow never been here before

Nursie one day to go woohoo
                Bellegirl way to go thats an amazing step forward!!!

Love n light to all of you, not been on for a while I have been able to take on extra work, all because I am AF need to get a plan for next 30 days xx
                Stella

Back to the beginning day 02 Jan 2013

Grateful for MWO :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stella:bday2:, Jane:bday2:, Australia:bday2:, Allswell:bday2: and Nursie:bday2:!! This is a first!!! Look at all the hats we've got going out! This is really amazing...I bet you can't believe it's really true! I remember when I first started here, I didn't think there was any way I could go an evening without AL, forget a month! You took small bites of the impossible and made it possible. Well done to each and every one of you!! I may be premature on a couple depending on time zones and such! I am so proud of each and every one of you. The next hurdle to watch out for is a big one: Complacency. Don't take your quit for granted not one bit. We all have worked HARD for it, don't give up your quit no matter what or no matter who!
                  Much love, Byrdie
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

room in the nest for an old newbie?
                    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

So, today is fifth day AF. I'm still tired every day. I feel like the tiredness from when I was drinking every night, without the hangover. I'm hanging in there. I'm hoping that by day 30, I'll feel like a new person. We'll see.

Hi, InChains. There's always room.
                      Goal 1: One day: DONE
                      Goal 2: One week: DONE
                      Goal 3: One month
                      Goal 4: We'll see
                      :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

trust me, by day 30 you won't believe how much better things are...

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATS to all the 30 AF day Nesters :goodjob:
                          What a difference, huh?

Pronto, doing great too. You'll be hitting 30 days sooner than you think.

IC - please stick around & be part of this successful group
                          Life indeed is very, very different once we clear our heads & bodies of the poison.
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

lav, wish i'd never left now, note to any newbies out there: moddign may seem like the most super fun brilliant thing ever for a few days but give it a few months n you're sliding striaght back to hell.

Comment

Newbies Nest

InChains, I've said it on here many times...I never drank harder than the year I tried to moderate....Hang here with us for a while, we are having tons of success! Here's the butt velcro for you! Byrdie
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks byrdie, so true, moderating for me consisted of heavy drinkign every night n then actually losing my mind a couple of times a week as a treat for moderating the rest of the time, clever huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X