Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Congratulations!

Wow gang - thirty days! You all are amazing :goodjob: thanks for showing all is newbies how it's done
    I do like your hats and look forward to receiving my own in a couple weeks. I hope you are all really realizing what an awesome accomplishment this is and rewarding yourselves for reaching this milestone. Now you have to keep up the great work since you have so many newbies trying to follow in your footsteps.
    Pronto and Inchains and all other fellow nesters , keep up the good work. Day 18 for me - thanks to all of you :h
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you Starfish

IC, the mind peace beats the hell out of an AL buzz any day!!!!!
      I can actually make myself sick thinking about where I was exactly three years ago - screw that!
      It took me way too long to simply accept that I can not drink AL safely. I just can't do it & now I realize that's OK. I'm enjoying the peace of mind way too much & you will too
      What are you going to do about all the drinking triggers that plagued you in the past? Time for a good SOLID plan.
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

:goodjob: to all the 30-dayers! It's such a great feeling and one I know I never imagined I could have accomplished. Keep it going guys - you are truly inspiring!

:welcome: back IC. So glad you made the decision to come back - no matter how many tries.

Hope everyone else has a great sober Monday night!

Peace to all :l
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the hat Byrdie! Your message about complacency is heard loud and clear. I've let my guard down in the past and the end result was I, as In Chains says so perfectly, slid right back into hell. This time feels different, more natural. I've worked on handling triggers, enhancing motivation, and rearranging my life to stay as far away from temptation as possible. I've got a great future full of promise and alcohol does not fit into the equation. Welcome In Chains.
          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

You guys ROCK! Really.
            I am doing good, without promoting a slip, there is a bit of me that is glad that I did it, as I did not enjoy a single minute (what a waste :H:H) - I had been thinking of drinking on and off - I had even been posting about it, but it was not worth it.
            It is good to kill that demon, I didn't enjoy drinking, and I REALLY didn't enjoy Saturday morning, afternoon or evening - was it worth it - HELL NO!!!
            So back on track and happy to still be here - I did toss and turn when not feeling well Friday night - about posting and worried over Saturday - Sunday I just got down to it ASAP and confessed ready to move on. I have been worrying about the response, I should have known better - I wish I could take the time to write done everyone?s name and say thanks, but I am a little over whelmed and shedding a wee tear, so will do a shout out to say thank you!
            IC - welcome back, there are a few of us around from the old days - this is a good place to be, that?s for sure.
            Well done to the 30 dayers! As noted, please don't get complacent and wonder what if - I did that, learn from if you can!
            A very sincere thanks to my nest buddies, each one of you in your support said something that really touched me, and made me feel 100% better than any glass of wine ever did or can do...:l:l:l:l
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats to all the 30-Dayers!!!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Someone had mentioned complacency. I think I became complacent after I reached 30 days the first time. I know 30 days is a milestone, but when I get there again, I just want to keep it going.

Lav, you wondered why my husband would open a bottle of wine in front of me. I believe he knows I have a problem, but is in his own denial as to the extent of it. Come'on...he had to smell the vodka on me many, many nights!!! He was fine with me not drinking last night. I told him I no longer like the way I feel the next day after drinking, and how drinking exacerbates my anxiety...and counteracts the Zoloft. All of this true.

The funny thing is that I have zero desire to drink right now. That bottle of wine sits 2/3 full in my refrigerator at the moment. I so hate the way AL makes me feel that I just do not want it. I see having it around, and my husband drinking, not unlike a person on a diet. People with weight concerns have to be around food because they have to eat to live. I don't have to drink AL to live, but understand that AL will not vanish from my world. I may have to revisit these thoughts in the future, but this is where I am now, and I like it. I just feel so darn good not drinking...like every day is a new fresh spring day...sappy I know.

ScottishLass, great job getting back on track. It sounds like you really learned from your "slip" experience.

Inchains...stick with us here in the nest.

Pronto...yes, just hang in there. It will get better.

Starfish, you sound so positive and are doing great!

Goodnight to all...keep safe and sober!
              BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dropping in again to say goodnight to everyone & wish you all a very safe & cozy night in the nest

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

just checking in- have been reading all of your inspiring 30 day posts. Awesome!! Im on day 4 of AF. - and day 3 of Bikram yoga. figured i should go sweat out the junk
                  AF since 2/3/12

Goal 1: 2 weeks - In process
                  Goal 2: 4 weeks
                  Goal 3: 6 weeks
                  Goal 4: 9 weeks

Comment

Newbies Nest

Omg the HAT!! We got the HAT!! Thank you Byrdie! I will wear it with sober pride! I wish Daisy was here as she started with us.
                    Holy cow. When I wake up tomorrow, 30 days.
                    Last time, I knew I was gonna try to moderate after 30 days just like in the book. This time there will be none of that. Some people don't eat red meat. Some are lactose intolerant, allergic to peaches, whatever. I don't drink.
                    My 2 girlfriends invited me to dinner this Friday. Not sure if I should go as we used to drink together. The one is pregnant though so I know she won't be drinking. I guess I can just say I don't drink anymore. Right? They will totally respect it it just feels scary. I have told more acquaintances than I have key players so to speak. I'm working on it.

Sober dust for the nest, sleep tight little nestlings!
                    Day 1 again 11/5/19
                    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okay, I really want to drink tonight. I think my witching hour is 5 to 7. I made dinner, cleaned the kitchen, and I still want to have a glass of wine. Is it cheating to go to bed this early or do I have to stay up and prove I won't have that glass of wine?

Good night everyone!
                      Goal 1: One day: DONE
                      Goal 2: One week: DONE
                      Goal 3: One month
                      Goal 4: We'll see
                      :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Not cheating Pronto - done the bed trip many times, whatever works to begin, then find other things to occupy your time as days progress....
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bluejay, way to go on the yoga! I do regular style every Monday and Wed and love it.

I am struggling learning some new stuff at work and it triggering every impulse I have to forget about it with AL. I'm fighting however and distracting myself here, and reading a good book. 8 months ago, I never would have thought twice about downing 375ml of vodka, and then hiding in my bed sick tomorrow. Not now! I will have a big dinner, watch some Intervention to reinforce myself and keep checking in.

I think I'll here for while tonight :thanks:

I'm sending my congrats out to everyone with their AF days, keep going!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah, the feeling is passing. Thanks, Scottish Lass and Jane. Going to bed.
                            Goal 1: One day: DONE
                            Goal 2: One week: DONE
                            Goal 3: One month
                            Goal 4: We'll see
                            :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the welcome Lifechange and Lavande.

Lavande- A plan is in order for me. I've has a skim through the Toolbox but need to give it some proper attention.

Congrats to everyone who is celebrating 30 days.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done to all my fellow nesters! And esp. To the 30 dayers! Yippee , we did it and I just love my new hat byrdie! And I want to fancy it up and decorate it with more days. I wonder how a 40 day hat would look? I am so happy and grateful for all of ur support. Night and good rest to all.
                                45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
                                New day 1- 9 January !
                                Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Working...
                                X