Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Lurker

I forgot to mention, my alcoholism has lasted 24 years and has cost me so much
    Thank you again for the last 100 days,
    Bunk

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks eveyrone for the encouragement and stickign with me again even though i screw up like this -every time-. so a review fo last night: I decided to drink to function at work (mistake number one) I then decided this gave me permission to binge (mistake number 2) I then decided that I shold spend time online despite consuming a considerable amount more than usual (mistake number 3.) end result... I confused people, I made a mess of things, I got depressed, had about 6 hours sleep, and foudn myself still a little bit drunk stakign shelves at work at 10.30am this morning. fantastic decision making there...

SL: I have noticed I tend to take quit attempts harder than most, I figure its down to age - I may ahve been drinking only a fraction of the years other people have on here, but that fraction constitutes a third of my life and my entire adolesence... I don't think any part of my my body actually knows how its supposed to function without alcohol...

Nursie: have just had the pleasure of reading back over my drunk posts from last night... I am not a good drunk to say the least haha. I only ever want to be sober permenantly when I'm drunk though, now i'm sober I want to get right back on to where I was last night. shameful.
      I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dang Bunk!!! Here is your long-overdue hat!!!:bday2: Congratulations on your 100 days...that is a huge mile post. I hope you will come out of lurking, if you are so inclined...every post matters, especially from someone who is walking the walk. Sit high in the saddle, Bunk....the ride only gets better!!! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

HAHAHA Congratulations Bunk! Great to meet you! It is cool to think that when I was starting to post here, you were lurking in the shadows, quietly building your success. I know what you mean about this place, it was the game-changer for me too. Thank you for sharing your success with us!
          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Bunk!
            It's so nice to know that people are out there lurking and being helped, it really gives the rest of us hope. We do hope to hear more from you though, if you feel comfortable with it!

Inchains - I am sorry you are having such a struggle right now. We know how hard it is. But I do hope you stick around and keep posting, it really does help. Have you decided if you're going to taper down or attempt to quit? Just wondering if you have a plan yet. Either way, stick close to us.

I am horrible at naming everyone to a big hello to everybody! It's the middle of the week already and I am off at noon today, which is good that I get to go home and take a nap, but it's bad that it's unpaid (furlough). Ah well, that's life. Nothing new to report here, still sober and still happy as hell to be sober! LOL My nights are "boring" and I love it. No drama to wake up to, nothing to try to piece together. I've gotten into some really good shows on TV too, The Voice and Smash...anybody watching either of these?

Ok...off to catch up around the board. Hope everyone has a great day!!! :h

K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 - taper won't work for me, I'll just have an 'off day'... and then another and so on. I can quit without danger to myself so I figure thats the only way to do it in my case, am currently on day 1... very nervous all over again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope you make the right choice today IC!
                Nothing changes if nothing changes...........

Hello, welcome & CONGRATS Bunk!!!!! :goodjob:
                Stick around for a while, you will inspire others

Today, hoping you are OK as well! we make a choice every day to be AF ~ make it an AF day.
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

sober thus far tonight, really hoping to at least make it to the weekend this time round, feeling a little... well not 100% but will get there

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!

I've been very busy and not posting. Just read back and see the nest was busy too!!

Congrats on the 30-day-birds! Now the real sober party begins!!:goodjob:

I gained quite a little in the first month. Couldn't believe how much I craved the sugar! But now, thankfully I can feel that I am starting to loose some.
                    I just went with what my body wanted. Ate when and what I craved. Then started the juicing. Last week I felt that I need a vitamin break and I think that I really miss the 5HTP and GABA. L-Glut didn't do much for me either...

Today I accepted an invitation to a party. A while ago I complained about how I couldn't handle "it" or my ex drinking friends and today it was non-issue. I think a big part has to do with the fact that my closest friend has accepted it now. Looking forward to the party and it would be just before my 100 days - thus, my own little party in my head!

Bunk - Welcome and cograts on your 100 days. It is a whole new life!

K9 - Enjoy your new wheels - you deserve it!

IC - It was very difficult for me to even consider or try to stop drinking in my early days as a young student, but I hope you can do it for yourself now. It doesn't get easier. And if I did quit then when I already knew I had a problem, I wouldn't have needed to return to studies a decade later to do what I actually wanted to study. A decade ago I couldn't cope with high pace academic courses, because I was dying of anxiety. I had to study something that I could manage along with alcoholism. I wasted 10 years of my life. Unfortunately those 10 years includes most of our "firsts". My 1st marriage... My 1st pregnancy.... all ruined and smeared with anxiety caused by AL or AL withdrawal... I know how you feel, but please!! See it for what it is. You are allergic to AL and can't consume it. The anxiety will pass and you will be able to enjoy all the firsts. You can walk away with no regrets. If I knew then what I know today 90 days AF - my life would have been a 1000 times better based on better decisions I would have made for what I WANT. NOT what I need to do to protect the place that AL has in my life.

Till tomorrow.
                    SH
                    12-20-2012 AF
                    Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

SH - awesome job on your upcoming 100 days. I'm nearing 90, and it's quite the feeling of accomplishment!

Inchy - that's how we all were - swearing off when hungover, and then right back to it that same night.......when you get sick enough of the roller coaster, you'll want off. You may not be there yet, but believe me, the sooner you figure it out, the better. You'll only continue to waste your life on alcohol and end up back to the point of needing to stop.

Jane, 30 days......you're doing great. It really does get easier. I never though I could have 90 days sober, and now I'm almost there. Can't wait to be able to say one year AF!

K9 - if you read this post, can you tell us how you came to choose Antabuse as opposed to some of the other meds people use - Topomax, Campral, Balcofen, Naltrexone (Vivitrol)? Just curious. Glad you got your car situation straightened out! And, glad you're back here posting. :lilheart:

Bunk, welcome - hope you're getting some AF days together. You'll start feeling so much better you won't want to go back to the constant and never-ending struggle of drinking!

Byrdie, Pinecone, Jane, Lav, Today, Allswell, Scottish Lass, Jolie, Nursie, Stella, Star, Aussie, and everyone else visiting the nest today......sending you peace and strength and wishing you a wonderful AF evening/day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

SH: thanks for remidning me of some of the reasons I'm stopping, I desparately want this to end, I've been in this situation for 5-6 years already, really relate to protecting my drinking, have pushed so many people away so they woudln't realise just how low I've gotten, time to change...

unwasted: I've been on the rollercoaster a while now, n y'know I think I'm coming to a point where I just want to get off. It's hard, as you know, to take that step, especially knowing how hard these first few days are but I'm there... I'mr eady now

xIC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Inchy, have you been trying a long time to stop? If so, have you considered getting help - AA, counseling, meds? I want to post this link for you because you're young. It's from a website called The Fix. Actually, I'll post a link to The Fix and also a Youth link within the site:

Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Recovery News | Resources ?€“ The Fix

Youth Resources | The Fix

and one more embedded within the Youth Resources portion of the site:

http://nationalyouthrecovery.com/main_v8.swf

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evenin nesters!

Bunk- 100 days is awesome! So glad you decided to jump in and join us.

Jane hope your feeling better soon. What exactly is epstein barr anyway? I know I've heard of it.

K9 - reporting in - the 200 mg 5-HTP thankfully did not make me nautious - didn't really notice much of a difference at all but only my first dose. Thanks to all who provided their 2 cents about the subject - I'll let you know how it goes and if it helps me or not.

IC - sending you a huge :l Hang in there - we are all here to help and we really want you to stick around.

SH - glad to hear you had a positive experience with the 5.

Lav - snowing here - I know you are most likely getting snow too - hope the roads aren't too bad when I make my way into work at the wonderfully chipper hour of 5:30 tomorrow morning!

K9 - haven't watched either one of those shows but thought the previews for SMASH loooked good. Find myself watching Rosie most nights - last night she was hilarious recounting her trip to the superbowl.

Wednesday nights is my absolute favorite for TV - The Middle, Subergatory and then my number 1 fav - Modern Family. Hope I can stay up for them all!

Happy hump day to anyone else who drops by.

Byrdie - hope you are keeping a huge supply of hats on hand - I think you may need them with this group!!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm still hanging in there. I have 7 days as of today! Woohoo! But I'm tired of it, lol. But I am starting to see the difference between being hungover, being tired, and being sober and normal. If that makes any sense.
                              Goal 1: One day: DONE
                              Goal 2: One week: DONE
                              Goal 3: One month
                              Goal 4: We'll see
                              :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pronto....no hat yet, but how bout a big ole horn toot!!!ointup: (couldn't find just a horn toot...) you ain't seen nuthin yet! Wait til you hit Day 13!! You will be so puffed up we won't know who you are! Well done to you...you've mastered every day the week can throw at you! And nothing bad happened!! Only good things. Here's to YOU!! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X