Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Welcome Marley :welcome: The nest is a warm and comfy place full of loving and caring people. So pull up a twig and again welcome.

Just a quick flybye. I've been spending a lot of time over at my Moms. She hasn't been feeling very well these last few days. I think she's just tired and worn out from her cataract surgery. She is 89 and she's just old and tired. It's been raining here the last few days so I've been over at her place doing her spring cleaning. We had bad thunderstorms here last night so I just stayed all night with her.

I thought I had better come home tonight and make dinner for hubby and I wanted to touch base with all my peep buddys here.

PR-Thanks for making this safe haven for all of us peeps. We love you and G cat!!
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sea, I wish I was fan like you! You must be having a really great time with this stuff! Me, I'm just a one trick pony: NFL.

Chops did you make it through your mile long list?

Welcome marley! :welcome: I hope we can be a help to you in your journey!

I had some really sad news today that a good friend of my son's died in a snorkelling accident in Hawaii this week. It really has me shaken and I'm feeling quite sad. He was a very good young man, just 27 years old. I'm taking this one pretty hard. But, dealing with it af.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dill-I am so sorry to hear this news. I know how close we can become to our childrens friends. I'm sorry this has you so sad. :l
        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Dill I am so sorry to hear your news....puts life in perspective, huh? We all share similar struggles here in the nest, but in 'the bigger picture', at least we have the opportunity to improve our lives today. My thoughts are with you. Lil', appreciate your kind words....love hearing 'my G get some love'....Marley, welcome! You are one of our family and we are priveleged to have you here.....stay plugged in to us here....it's a wonderful place to be.
          Well, gotta go bond with G a little as I won't see him tomorrow till midnight.................sweet dreams my little ones.
          Papa R......and G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dill, I am so very sorry for the sad news you received today. It breaks my heart when kids pass before their parents. Please know that I share in your sadness and we are all here for you :l

Lil, glad you stopped by. I hope your mom is feeling better and you get some rest from spring cleaning. You are a dear person and wonderful daughter :l

Good evening PR and G. Have a wonderful evening.

Talk to everyone in the morning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am so sorry dill. Makes my sadness seem stupid and superficial Bruins lost, Celtics lost, Red Sox lost. I am a very very sad girl.
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you friends, for your kind thoughts and words. Yes, PR, it does put things in perspective.

Today is beautiful and sunny, I feel grateful for so many things; this nest, being one of them. I hope you all have a good day today. We'll watch out for G. Maybe Lil can bring her diva cat in for a bit to keep him company.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone,

Haven't visited this thread for a few days.
                  Dill, I am so sorry to hear your news. We lost our 18 year old nephew a few years ago in a traffic accident, just weeks after his high school graduation. Changed all our lives forever.

We need to remember to hold our loved ones near, things can change in an instant.

Wishing everyone a healthy, peaceful weekend.
                  Lavande
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters!!
                    Sorry I missed y'all yesterday!! We had Track and Field Day here at school, so I was outside all day, then had my son's baseball game (they won!!!), then my sister's wedding vow blessing, then dinner....etc...then I collapsed when I got home!!!!

Dill- I am so sorry about your sad news. That's always so hard! I hope you enjoy your beautiful day!! TGIF!!!

:welcome: Marley!! You'll love it here!!

My recess bell rang so I gotta run...but to everyone else...big hugs...(Chops, Lil, Sea, SweEty, PR, Beginning, Lav, UNG....who am I missing???? sorry.....)
                    Happy Friday!! My son's team...playing in the Championship Baseball Game tonight!!!! They Rock!!!!
                    SD:l
                    "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                    7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters ~

Dill, I too am very grateful for a lot of things. Thank you for reminding me of just what is so important to us. Have a great Friday!

SD, good luck to your son tonight. I love championship games!!

Sea, I am sorry you are so sad about Boston. I hope you cheer up and have a great Friday. Bruins may be done, but the Celtics and Red Sox are still going

Hi PR, Lavande, Lil, Beginning, Marley, UNG, Sweaty and all others to come. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. I am going to visit the grandson tomorrow and I am super excited.

Take care all. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Getting a late start here! It's such a gloomy Saturday morning, it felt good to sleep in. I have no special plans for today. Looks like it will be an indoor day though. Maybe I'll finally put away all the 'stuff' I've been throwing into the spare bedroom! My daughter and SIL will be here next week, so I really need to make some room.

Have a great day, nesters. Coffee's hot!
                        Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

confused

:new:

Hi, I would so much like to join the nest, and have plenty of twigs, I have been AF now for only 8 days, and feel so lonely right now, and realize I cannot do this on my own, I dont wish to completely abstain, just learn to moderate if I can, but I dont know how to start the process, any advice would be appreciated

best wishes

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all - newbie alert!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - this place seems a love warm place to snuggle down......lovely to be here - thanks for having me!!! I did 18 a/f days some weeks back but then... :damn: since then been drinking steadily......hoping to learn the secret to moderation here......bought some kudzu 500mg caps today - how many do I take and when????!!!

Love ya all loads!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome rebus :welcome:and anu:welcome:! Hope we can help you with your journies. Unfortunately, I have no real info on the kudzu. I think you might have to post that question in the Just starting Out section by starting a thread.

This is a very tough battle and lonely at times. That is why this website and the nest is so valuable to so many! Take your time and read, read, and post. You will learn SO much here and get so much support.

Today has been unusually quiet on the site, but stick around. You'll be glad you did!
                              Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Sssssshhhh....quiet in the nest today. I actually 'missed a post' last night....hope you were tucked in last night....worked only one shift today. Came home early cause "I wasn't quite right' physically.....anyhow, wishing all of you a wonderful weekend.....nighty night.
                                PR & G

Comment

Working...
                                X