Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning!

Welcome Maddie & Ginger! You both sound really stressed and ashamed. After a few AF days you will feel much better. Stay close ? this nest is the best!:welcome:

Belle ? I?m waiting for your day 35- you are so close!

Timpin ? Congrats!! Great feeling! Saturday is my 100AF:goodjob:

UW ? Congrats!! So glad to see you you safe and happy on 90AF!:goodjob:

AGUY ? Welcome back. Friends and family can be real triggers. Going AF showed me who to avoid and who to stay close to.

I?m off to class. Unprepared, BUT SOBER!!
    12-20-2012 AF
    Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning!

Welcome Maddie & Ginger! You both sound really stressed and ashamed. After a few AF days you will feel much better. Stay close ? this nest is the best!:welcome:

Belle ? I?m waiting for your day 35- you are so close!

Timpin ? Congrats!! Great feeling! Saturday is my 100AF:goodjob:

UW ? Congrats!! So glad to see you you safe and happy on 90AF!:goodjob:

AGUY ? Welcome back. Friends and family can be real triggers. Going AF showed me who to avoid and who to stay close to.

I?m off to class. Unprepared, BUT SOBER!!
      12-20-2012 AF
      Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Unwasted - Way to go on 90 days.....does this mean you get 3 hats from Ms Byrdie?

A hat-trick?
        Sober for the Revolution!
        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Winding machines, Transformer Winding Machines – India, Bangalore

Synthesis India - Coil Winding Machines, Automatic Winding Machines comprises of various Automatic Winding Machines that are specifically designed to cater to the winding needs of various Sectors like auto component, Electrical and Electronics, white goods, etc.

Comment

Newbies Nest

For the first time ever I celebrated Valentine’s day sober. Hubby was all for a super bottle of Italian wine – I told him that I am not drinking – I had my little speech prepared but he put his finger on my lips and he said “ No need to explain, you know better”. Nice change since the “come on honey, you’ll stop tomorrow" .

Belle – thank you for the vibes. I can feel them, just like the vibes from encouragement coming from the others here. There have been times when I was just not there for my son – I was there in person but my mind was on the AL cloud. I cannot take that time back but I am trying my best to make up for it.

Steady – you’re an early riser !!! We are on the same time. Are you giving a party on Saturday’s 100?

K9 – keeping my fingers crossed for you, you ‘d make a fine one ( not like the stuck up patronizing bitch that holds our corporate account)

Turnagain;1262305 wrote: .

I thought - I'm different - I will be able to drink 'normally.' Well. Like Byrdie, I ended up drinking even more than ever the harder I tried to control it.

!
            Turn – I have been following your wonderful posts – this really hits a cord – before trying to quit I was drinking wine only – once I started threatening the monster that I was going to cut off the AL supply it threw new hurdles at me . Cunning devil!!! I would either drink nothing or anything I’d get my hands on, not really liking the taste, hating myself all the way for drinking in hiding - just a slave to the AL voice.

Lola, UW, Jane, Today, Byrdlady, ginger and maddie - wish you all a great day, your posts keep me centered
            workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for the warm welcome. The 1st thing I have to be able to do here is - be honest. Drinking has made me such a liar. I did not make it thru Day 1. I just happen to have some wine left and decided - one last time won't hurt - again that alien force over powered me. I am sitting her at 3 in the morning with a resolve I have not felt before. I am by nature a strong person, I have overcome many obstacles in my life and have survived. I have a strong faith and believe this is not my intended purpose in life. I am going to make a plan and will share it. A war isn't fought without a plan of attack. TODAY is DAY 1 and I WILL make it AF. To each of you that has another AF day you are true warrior's. Just to know I am not alone on this journey is such a comfort.
              Yesterday is experience, tomorrow is hope... today is getting from one to the other.
              GOAL 1 - 5 days AF
              GOAL 2 - 10 days AF
              GOAL 3 - 20 days AF
              GOAL 4 - 30 days AF
              GOAL 5 - Set new GOALS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Another one for the books...

Mornin peeps! :l
                Five fifteen a.m. here and am squeezing on some nest time before I have to get ready for my meeting today. I am still at my work conference and have not had the usual freedom to check in as often as I would like but am keeping you all close in my heart
                Welcome Ginger:welcome: sounds like you have the right attitude!

Wow it seems like that ole beast AL is making me take a final exam before I get my 30 day hat! Ya see this conference I am attending just do happens to be in my old hometown. My best friend from high school still lives here and although we haven't kept up with each other over the years, I did know that she had struggled with AL addiction. And had gone into a rehab center. I thought she was not drinking any more and decided to contact her and get together for dinner last night instead of hanging with the group from work. Well, she still drinks . Enough said! At least she was a good enough friend not to try to make me drink with her, since I had told her my problem. She drank a few glasses of wine and ya know? I was not even tempted last night ! Thanks for listening and love you all
                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy hump day all!

Lola - thanks for sharing that with us. I think it helps for us to go back and remember sometimes the things that we really don't want to remember. Gives us strength to keep going cause we sure as heck don't want to go back to that place.

UW - :goodjob: on 90 days! You rock!!!

Today - good job on fighting off the triggers - it can be so hard sometimes but boy do you feel good about yourself when you pass that old liquor store by!

Ginger - Welcome and you know for me, I had to get all the AL out of the house. Now you can say it's all gone so the temptation has been taken away. Proud of you for being honest - that's huge. AL can make such liars of us - I would know

Shue - glad to hear your hubby is being supportive - that means a lot.

Lav, Byrdie, Jane, Star, Turn, Steady (coming up on 100 days??? AWESOME!), Timpin, Maddie, AGuy - hope you are all having a great day!

Love, love, loving my life at the moment. Feel like I've really turned the corner and praying that this feeling lasts. Today is day 45 for me and while I haven't really been keeping track of the number every day since I hit 30, I'm feeling such a sense of peace not only about myself but everything around me. Being AF seems to make me stop at so many different times during the day and just feel not only grateful, but aware of all the beautiful things this world has to offer. Sorry if I'm getting mushy and corny - just had to get this out!

Happy hump day all - make it a great AF day!!!
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

There is a lot of strength emminating from the nest today, whether it's day 1 or 90 or more, you all are saying the same thing loud and clear; "F*** you alcohol, I'm taking my life back!". Day by day, post by post we are pulling each other out of a trap many of us thought we could never escape. Powerful!
                    ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                    -----------------------------------
                    Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nest!
                      Helped a friend out last night. She was drinking so I brought her to my house to detox with her little one. I couldn't leave her in the condition I found her.
                      She hasn't woken up yet. I wonder if she will remember.
                      I had to dump out a whole bottle of vodka too.

Today I have to ask her what her plan is. have her read on here and there is a meeting tonight that she wants to go to.

Wish us luck.
                      Day 1 again 11/5/19
                      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & a very Happy Humpday to all!

geez Nursie - good thing you are available for your friend!
                        Sure hope she makes that plan today.

Jolie, you sound like a very happy neighbor - love that

Irie, Starfish & everyone, stay strong! You are all doing great!

Ginger, the lying is a direct effect of AL
                        Make sure there is none left in your house & make a vow to buy no more. You are moving forward beginning today.

Have to run for now - wishing everyone a terrific AF Wednesday!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dam, Nursie....you are really being tested. I hope that you find unlimited strength in sobriety...as you see first hand what it does to a body...your own and your friend. She has a very good friend in you. We are all with you in our thoughts and prayers...stay strong, my dear friend. Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

30 days!! Woohoo

Just checking in before work, on 2-3 hours sleep! Same as Sunday night... I feel okay right now, maybe a bit sluggish cause I'm still working off my sleeping pill. (That obviously not working) Still, at least it wasn't totally sleepless and I got some rest. I won't be tempted to nap but I worry that my work will be slow and not very productive... send me energy please!

I counted my calendar and I am 30 days AF! Can't even believe it but besides that accomplishment; not much else going well. Still worried about meeting some deadlines at work - they are coming up fast. Oh well, moving on to my day... to comfort myself I think of the people with babies and how little sleep they get... and have to cope with a baby to care for. Am I right? Any suggestions on getting through my day? I'll check back in later for sure.

Jolie; congrats on 45 days. You rock, keep em coming!

Irie and Star, thanks for your inspirational posts; need that positive energy to flow

Welcome Ginger and good luck on this day 1 for you. Stay close to the nest if you can

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great job Today...here is your hat!! You have earned it!!! :bday2: Well done...it seems like a dream doesn't it? Now don't get complacent and think you've got this thing beat...keep your guard up! Woohooo!! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats Today !!!!

I am aiming for that too.
                                workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Working...
                                X