Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I love this nest, although not that good at keeping up with the posting but your stories have helped me so very much and yes i agree its a great feeling not to be hungover paranoid or worried about the actions you cant remeber, well done everyone

Have a very happy sober Friday :h:h:h
    Stella

Back to the beginning day 02 Jan 2013

Grateful for MWO :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I love it when this nest is all aflutter with hope and inspiration!

To all the newbies who are dealing with detox....I stayed in bed for a day and half when I detoxed. Just felt awful - like I had a flu. I was fatigued and chilled and shaky. Your body is working hard to clear out all that crap. It helped me to visualize that my cells were doing the spring cleaning and expelling all the bad stuff. I was drinking a glass of water every hour or so to help get rid of the toxins. Healing takes some time.

Those cookies, Byrdlady speaks of? There's a reason those sweets help in the early stages of cleaning al out of your life: it's the sugar. Al just happens to deliver sugar to your body without any major processing. At least with a cookie you're getting some nutritional benefit. So go for that Cookie Cure! Seriously. We'll get you flapping your new AF wings in no time to help you work off those calories later!

Like Lav, I didn't use any medications. I did spend a lot of time reading here and educating myself about this addiction. I also began exercising.....eating healthy and being grateful - all the time.

The fact that you are here looking for a way free of this addiction is an incredible first step. Keep going....I guarantee you....you will NEVER regret being free of those chains.
      Sober for the Revolution!
      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, all you nesters! I am sitting here working and suddenly felt the heat rise in my body and sweat started pouring...any tiny bit of anxiety sets off this reaction! I think visualizing cell spring cleaning is very cool and makes total sense.

It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel and to imagine that once I'm AL free, I'll have....what? This just shows how entrenched we/I have gotten, how much our lives revolve around AL. It IS exhausting and consuming.

I am thankful that I have been productive this week despite the sweat storms and anxiety and that tomorrow I'll get out for a run!

CW

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all

I just put the first instalment of my document on a new thread called 'How I kicked AL for good. ' This is a story of how I went about kicking Alcohol out of my life. I am sure everyone won't agree with me, but if I can help just one other person to stop then it will be worth it. I will put the next part on there as soon as I have finished it.

regards...Tim

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Tim,
            I just read your post and I'm looking forward to the next installment. I have done everything you have suggested so far....

Nursie - You cracked me up with your "I'm Sober and I Know It (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle yeah)" LOL Those of us with teenagers are probably sick of that tune!

Byrdie made some great points (as usual) about how much WORK it is to drink. I, too, got tired of switching liquor stores, dreading running out of alcohol before I was "done", getting rid of the empties, etc, etc. It's so much easier now, not to HAVE to stop anywhere on the way home. I passed 6 liquor stores the other day and remembered going into each one of them. One guy even said "Hey I haven't seen you in a long time!" (That was on my last F*ck up).

I don't know how many of you here take Benzos (Xanax, Ativan, etc) but do you worry about getting addicted? I am still taking the Xanax orginally prescibed even though my doctor switched me over to Ativan. I really don't know how long you're supposed to be on this stuff...and I've heard withdrawals are hell. I try not to take too much, but I still fear trading one addiction for another.

Well 3 1/2 more hours before I get to head home, and I can't wait. Hope you all have a great weekend!

K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 - the shorter amount of time on that stuff the better. Wean yourself slowly, it won't be a problem
              I really do depend quite a bit on meditation to help me keep my cool. Even if you just spend 10 or 15 min each evening clearing your mind, focusing on your breathing it tends to stay with you throughout the day. It's ideal to be able to start & end your day with mediatation (although I haven't quite gotten there yet).

Stick with us CW

Greetings everyone!!!!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9, I knew all the people at the liquor stores too, and was really embarrassed when I'd go out of my way to a 'fresh' one I hadn't been to lately and the clerks from the other stores were there. What you doing all the way over here??? I could have died. (but even THAT didn't stop me) B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just stopped in to read posts...as I am feeling weak and having those "old thoughts" come into my head. I have been doing so well, so where in the hell are they coming from??? I have no words of wisdom to offer, just needed to come and read...read...read... I don't have a dinner plan for tonight, so I'd best get busy with something...before that b@st@rd AL comes up with a dinner plan for me.
                  BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Bellegirl!

Please don?t let AL get the better of you tonight! Sorry I never answered your last post on the ?out of lurkdom? thread. You will be able to handle your kids tonight so much better if you do it without drinking.

And to answer your earlier question -- yes my kids are into the bickering stage -- big time -- and as we speak. Just this minute my 9 year old informed me that my 6 year old ?stuck his middle finger out" at him. Oh brother! (I'm trying to keep out of it.)

Stay strong -- I know you can do it!!! Now I've got to figure out what to make for dinner as well....
                    AF since 9/20/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the encouragement, Wicked. Reading your post makes me feel that I am not alone in this crazy kid bickering life. Funny about the finger. Mine just learned the finger a couple of weeks ago. Sometimes it is best to just keep out of their fights. They learn how to deal with it, and Mom can retain at least some of her sanity.

I decided on canned soup. Feeling lazy...but at least it is a plan. Hope you have a great AL free evening.
                      BelleGirl

Comment

Newbies Nest

Belle, I had a rough spot this evening too but I think it's passing. Ugh. Wish I'd never met AL! We'll feel good tomorrow, though! Things always look brighter to me in the mornings! Sending you strength.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy 40 to Jane and Nursie...YAY!!!

UW, happy to hear you made it through. I made it to dinner, and if I do that I am usually good for the night.

Jane, I hope you have a wonderful trip. Please stay close to the nest in any way you can. We will be waiting to hear from you!
                          BelleGirl

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lol Jane, I don't mean to laugh but I love your depiction. I myself could be viewed that way some days!
                            Those are the days when you muster up a really scathing letter to the bitch and post it. It helps me, maybe it would help you too.
                            Day 1 again 11/5/19
                            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane wishing you a nice & AF weekend!
                              And congrats to you & nursie on your 40 AF days - keep them going

Hi Belle, Wicked & everyone hanging in - strap yourselves safely in the nest tonight!!!

Have a great night one & all!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

As a Newbie, I hate to comment to quickly, but am I the only male here?

Comment

Working...
                                X