Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi all

Part 2 is now on the thread How I kicked Alcohol for good. Enjoy it and I hope it works for you.

regards...Tim

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats, Starfish, on 30 days! Wear that hat proudly!

Jolie and Lav...it is a beautiful day in these parts. I am in Virginia, but grew up in Maryland. I have been sitting out on the deck soaking up some sun. Looks like it may be a little nasty tomorrow, but not too bad.

SH you are right about me...I am on day 36 today. A new record. Now saying that, I had better not jinx myself.

I am so happy not drinking and for the fact that I did not drink last night. I had to take my daughter to the pediatrician this morning for an ear infection. I hate going to the Saturday pediatrician, but one must do what one has to do. Then I had to take the dog to the vet as we saw blood on her fave nylabone last night. Also had some spots on her leg checked and they are Mast cell tumors which we will have to have removed in a couple of weeks. So, there was a lot of driving around, and a lot of things to deal with and I am so happy to not be hungover for it all.

Love to all in the nest...let's all have an AF Saturday night! Daughter and I will be having a girls' night in while hubby and son go out to a play.
      BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Star - excellent stuff!

Been doing some pretty good training as of late for a few races in the next month and a half. Just finished a 5 miler averaging 7 1/2 minutes per mile. I could have never done that when I was drinking last year. Everything is better without it. When I think about alcohol I have no feelings of longing to drink or deprivation, just disgust really. Guess I'm finally growing up. Have a great weekend everybody!
        2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I feel like I am being punk'd honestly.
          I'm not anywhere close to drinking but I really, really don't know how.
          You cannot even make this shit up, I will just leave it at that.
          Tough week is not getting any easier that's for sure.

I am emotional toast. Or jello. Whichever is more done.
          Day 1 again 11/5/19
          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh nursie! I am so sorry you have had such a bad week! You have done so well through all of your trials. Hang tough. We are with you in spirit. You know as hard as it all is, AL would only make it worse !
            Love and hugs,
            Star
            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hang in there, Nursie. You sound like you are just at the end of your rope. It's so tough to be dealing with really tough emotional things and manage to stay on track with your AF goal. You are really strong!
              ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
              -----------------------------------
              Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hang in there Nursie,

Just get this day over with and move on to tomorrow. Sometimes life can throw some pretty wacky shit at us, stay tough!
                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow - just lost my post.....

Wanted to wish everyone a safe evening in the Nest!

Great that we are all 'growing up' together allswell

Nursie, handling life's shit on sober terms takes some effort - you're doing great so hang in there.

Looking forward to a NO snow day tomorrow Jolie & Belle!!!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just fancied saying hello
                    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi FF

Nice seeing you around!
                      I have a lot to do today and wish all of you a great, sober Sunday!

Oh, and Nursie - Hope things are going better! I am at the stage to ask people for some space. I really can't handle or stand most people I used to hang out with. Maybe taking care of a friend so soon in sobriety is too much for now? I feel very strong about saving yourself first. I've always helped my family by being the middle man and giving lots of emotional support. Going sober made me unavailable and they are angry, because they don't understand it. I can see now how I burnt out because I placed them first... Just saying....
                      12-20-2012 AF
                      Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today I drank

Tomorrow will be day 1 for me because I chose to drink today. I've been tempted so many times in the last couple weeks but managed to talk myself out of it or use different coping methods (such as eating everything not nailed down) I gave in and got a bottle around 4pm, got a bit of a buzz and then poured out the bottle around 8pm. Now its 11pm and I feel stupid and weak and gypped out of my AF time. AL didn't make me feel more relaxed, or better, like I hoped (even temporarily) or give me one iota of relief. Nope, guilty! I didn't even enjoy it, just made me think about what I was wasting... brain cells, liver cells, possible sleep,and getting back on a roller coaster I KNOW goes nowhere. sigh

If anyone is reading this and is close to drinking, please do not do it. Distract yourself to stay AF, think proudly of your AF days and successes. I am glad that I didn't get drunk and won't have to deal with a hangover but am disappointed in myself. My plan has to be reinforced and I feel that I now know for sure that drinking isn't for me. I don't need it in my life and will move on from here a little wiser as to my triggers.

Sending out a good night to everyone in the Nest, I really am a Newbie figuring out how to do this!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi there. Not sure but think I may have been edged out of another thread cos I said although I hadn't an AL free party last. night -I am hangover free. It's a start - right?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Go starfish! Well done on your 30 days!!!
                            45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
                            New day 1- 9 January !
                            Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks for sharing, Today. if i were thinking of drinking, that would def. help me not to. i'm glad you stopped. and i'm glad you're not letting it lead to more. don't be too hard on yourself (for me the guilt and sadness of letting myself down have often led to more), just get back up there like you are and carry on. prob. not a bad idea to strengthen your plan. listen to me-- brand new to this. just thinking of what i'd try to do. big hugs!!
                              thinking of you,too, Nursie. you have had so much on your plate. you're faring so well. hold strong and don't forget to think of yourself.
                              Allswell, 71/2 minute miles??! you rock. i'm suffering from shin splints right now and hate to take the necessary break from running! you don't have any good healing tips, do you?
                              an Belle, i'm always afraid of saying something that will jinx my positive feelings-- i feel so different than i have in the past. i don't have any desire to drink. i'm resolved to keep it out of my life. but i'm sure i've said this before. i have to continue to do the work and be ready for the surprises. you're doing great.
                              a wonderful sober sunday to you all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Greetings to the sober jane in LV

Today, sorry to hear the stinkin thinkin got you!
                                Let that be a lesson well learned for you - sometimes we just have to learn things the hard way A big thing for me when I quit was wanting to be forever rid of that soul sucking feeling of disappointing myself, over & over again. Keep that in mind ~ it helps!

satz, you have to realize that most people who come to MWO are looking for help/support to quit drinking entirely. Those few who are attempting to drink moderately post on the moderation threads where they exchange their thoughts & ideas. Not sure what your goal is or what your plan is at this point, please let us know.

Greetings Australia & lifechange

Wishing everyone a peaceful AF Sunday!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X