Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning, I am new here so I guess I have a lot of reading to catch up on. Today is my first sober day, withdrawl will be rough, hopefully it dosnt last to long or to serious.

Comment

Newbies Nest

jane27;1266292 wrote: Depressed as hell and don't even want to leave the hotel room. Bored shitless as well, and feel terribly that I'm letting husby down. Conference is filled with la creme de la creme of type a's in his industry, they all seem like wolves, and I have nothing to say. Am mortified. Booze everywhere. Oh, spent 800 on slot machines. It was super fun (not). I feel like such a loser. Xo Jane in fucking godamn lost Vegas
      Oh Jane, you would feel a 100 times worse if you actually drank!!! Sending you good positive vibes and a big hug.
      workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Newbies Nest

UW - Congratulations on your 100 days! You are so awesome. You've been such an inspiration to so many of us here since you've joined MWO. I'm so happy that you're here and that I've gotten to "know" you. Did I mention how awesome you are?

Blonde - Welcome back. We all mess up. Just get yourself together and start over. It ain't easy, but it's worth it!

I was watching Intervention last night and realized that I don't even crave alcohol anymore. The sight of seeing someone pouring that poison down their throat was revolting to me. I feel so bad for people that are still seduced by the false lure of alcohol. Sure it gives you a buzz, but it takes more than it will ever give. I do not miss it at all! It took so much from me and made me feel so bad about myself. I'm so happy to say that I don't feel that way anymore. I sleep great and wake up knowing I didn't do anything that I regret or need to feel ashamed about. Best of all, my daughter does not see her mom stumbling around drunk. She and I talked about it the other day and we're BOTH happy that mom is not a bumbling mess anymore! Now the smoking is another hurdle, but I'm listening to my doctor and we'll tackle that next...I go see her in March.

Well, all my dear Nesters, I hope you have a great day...I want to mention you all by name, but you know who you are!

xoxo
        K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9, this mental switch you describe is exactly what I feel...we had dinner out last weekend and as I watched people drink and get louder and louder they just looked unappealing to me.......it made me so happy that I don't envy drinkers anymore. I think this is a deeply critical change in our ability to stay sober. Thanks for the congrats. I think you're awesome and am so proud of you.......you came back and fought this thing, doing right for yourself and your daughter who deserves to have a sober mom. And, you take care of people here - your posts are always so caring. I really admire you.

Miklo, and all the other newbies here today. Please keep the AF going - you will not regret it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Unwated...how awesome is 100 days. Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement in my down time. So much wisdom and inspiration here. I need to keep reading. Today is the first day of Lent as someone mentioned....this is a perfect tiime to start 40 days AL Free.

I wish I had the courage and strength to go to my family dr. I have pain in my liver and stomach area. I am so afraid of what I am doing to myself physically. But I don't want this in my medical records. I respect and admire people that can be open about this.....why am I such a coward? I have even considered going to a short inpatient treatment program....just to get me out of the enviornment I'm in. I can't go to our local hosp...I know too many people that work there. I've tried hypnosis-didn't work. Been to a counselor but ended up we had worked together 14 yrs ago and so I couldn't be honest with him. This is the only real place I feel comfortable....I have spun myself into such a web of deciet, lies and being a fake. I have so much to be thankful for....family, friends, a decent job, a home...a husband. Granted, as I said before there has been a lot of rocky roads. I am intelligent, well-liked by most just an average woman...but I have this awful problem. I know feeling defeated will not propel me in the right direction. I do have plans for the next 3 night so prayfully that will get me on the path again. Thanks for listening.
            Yesterday is experience, tomorrow is hope... today is getting from one to the other.
            GOAL 1 - 5 days AF
            GOAL 2 - 10 days AF
            GOAL 3 - 20 days AF
            GOAL 4 - 30 days AF
            GOAL 5 - Set new GOALS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aww, Ginger, I so get what you're saying. It's really hard to be out with all of this. But, as they say on Intervention, "secrets make us sick." And it sounds like you have some real, overt physical manifestations from alcohol. Could you ask your doctor not to put it on your medical record? You might have to pay out of pocket rather than running the cost through your insurance, but maybe it would be worth it for a couple of visits? If you can't do it on your own, aside from going to your doctor, would you be open to trying some of the meds people here are using?

Jane hang tough in Vegas - I imagine there's not a trickier place to stay sober........they walk around handing out free drinks..........just think soda......and, stay in your room. I haven't read back but I'm hoping you don't have too much more time there. I absolutely hate Vegas - it's to me the definition of the worst aspects of humanity!

Stay strong everyone so you can get to the good stuff!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, I am going to order some Kudzu and thought I would go to the local health food store and get some powered L Glut, that seems to get better reviews....anything else I should take or thoughts on supplements. I will do whatever. I am going to do everything I can, to get to Sat, so I can go get some blood work done. I can do that out of pocket - very reasonable and get a very thorough work up. I appreciate any and all advice and help.
                Yesterday is experience, tomorrow is hope... today is getting from one to the other.
                GOAL 1 - 5 days AF
                GOAL 2 - 10 days AF
                GOAL 3 - 20 days AF
                GOAL 4 - 30 days AF
                GOAL 5 - Set new GOALS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane -
                  Sorry you're having such a hard time in Vegas. The last time I was there, I took my daughter for a little "getaway". We saw a David Copperfield show, and saw all the attractions. Needless to say, I did not drink at all for the 4 days we were there (or smoke!!). It was totally aimed at her having a good time, we rode roller-coasters, went to the Wax Museum, took a gondola ride, went to the M&M factory...all the touristy stuff that I had personally never done (I've never seen more than the blackjack tables!). The other times I've been there it has been an all out drink/smoke/gamble-fest. I had never been to bed at 9:00pm in Vegas before, but it felt great to get up early in the mornings with my daughter and to to breakfast and spend the day sightseeing. I never would have thought that I could turn Vegas into a "wholesome" vacation, but I did! You can too! I hope you are leaving soon though, because it does wear on your nerves!
                  K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Gingersnap - I so understand where you are coming from. Like you I was very hesitant to get anything related to my alcohol abuse captured in my medical record. I finally got honest with my physician (because my husband pushed me) and that enabled him to truly treat me. You mention it is courage that will bring you to honesty with your doctor...for me it was desperation. We need to take great care of ourselves and I found bringing my doctor fully into my treatment plan was and is incredibly important to my recovery. No ones path to recovery is the same...I just thought I would share my experience since I too struggled with the question of full disclosure to my doctor.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Willow, the first week of the first quit was definitely the hardest. At that time I had no idea that I could feel better...ever. Just hang in there and I promise that if you do, things will indeed get better. My first quit, I made it to 35 days and folded...just as the holidays were approaching. I was up and down through Christmas and New Years and had a Major slip (only 1 night, but it was a doozy) in mid January. I still have to be vigilant, as just the other night I felt like my old "lets-drink-this-away" self for a little while. But what clicked that night is that whatever was making want to drink, was preferable to how I would feel if I drank. That was a first for me. I attribute this mind change to AF time and multiple daily visits to MWO and the nest (even if I don't post every time).

So just hang in there, Willow. Byrdie always swears that day 13 is a big one for feeling better. Go for it...you can see for yourself.:danthin:
                      BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, the nest is busy - great

Ginger, for now please realize that when you stop drinking your aches & pains will mostly likely go away on their own. Use the L-Glut if you want but mostly work out a good plan for yourself.

Welcome back Blondie!
                        Believe it or not I was just thinking out you yesterday Stick around for a while!

Hello & welcome Miklo! Glad you found the nest!
                        Have you read the MWO book yet? Just download it from the Health store here - has lots of good info.

Belle, a chicken in the crock pot sounds good to me. I threaten mine all the time with the crock pot
                        when they get lazy :H :H

Hit 60 degrees today ~ very nice indeed!!!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

New here

Hello everyone....this is my first time here. Ive arrived in desperation, tears pouring out of my eyes as I am afraid that my drinking has gotten so heavy that I won't be able to stop. Ive found This site while searching for information on how to taper down....I have been drinking 1.5 bottles of wine almost every night and when I wake up at 3 am I take a shot of vodka just to go back to sleep. I've realized that this is no way to live and that I must do something. AA is not for me and I certainly cannot go into a treatment program....3 children at home and I am a nurse, if you can believe it...
                          I'm relieved to have found this site and will be reading well into the night about how to start. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Feeling sad, scared, and alone....my husband keeps saying "well, if drinking so much is making you miserable then just stop"....if it were only that easy. Thank you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mulligan, welcome:welcome:

You have found a supportive place with lots of people who understand exactly what you're experiencing. There are a lot of moms here too. You husband doesn't understand because he's not addicted. For whatever reason, all of us here have developed a problem with alcohol.

I would suggest reading here voraciously, and visiting the Toolbox to see different things that have worked for others. Here is a link to the Toolbox:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Sending you peace and strength.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav...awww, and thanks for thinking of me . Day 1 went well, did everything I set out to do and stuck with my plan. Just finished a big salad for dinner and will have a nice cup of Sleepytime before I head off for bed. So looking forward to a sober morning for a change. I remember someone on MWO said months ago that waking up sober is like winning the lottery and I've never forgotten it, it's so true. Since this is my first sober night in a few months, I know that I will wake up and pinch myself that I am not dealing with the ill effects of too much wine (dire thirst, headache, heart pounding, anxiety and not being able to fall back asleep at 3AM). Nope, none of that tonight, it will be just pleasant dreams. Thanks for all of you who have welcomed me back, it's great to be here. I told hubby tonight that I am giving up the wine so not to buy me any as he used to do if I was running low!

Have a wonderful evening everyone!

Blessings to all!
                              Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                              :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope tonight is a good one for you Blondie

jane, I may have missed - when do you get back home & out of that damn hotel room???

Hello & welcome Mulligan!
                                Glad you found us, we're a good group. I have to tell you right off - being a nurse may increase your chances of abusing AL You wouldn't believe how many of us are here on MWO (was thinking about starting a thread just for us). Be sure to download the MWO book from the Health store here. It's where I started 3 years ago, it's full of good info. Visiting MWO every day (several times/day) has really helped keep me on track. We're here to support one another
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X