Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Welcome to the Nest Finallydone!
    This thread moves fast and there's so much support here. Our Mama birds will be along later with all kinds of wisdom (Byrdie and Lav). I hope your day is getting better and that the shakes and withdrawals are not too bad. Can I ask what dose of Ativan you are taking? Hang in there!
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

you're doing great mands....

finallydone -welcome....stay close the next few days, ok?

K9 I really love your new profile pic. :-)
      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

blondie, wish I had one of those cookies.
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

PS, just went back and read the entire posted article by Unwasted. For those who skimmed over it this morning when she first posted it, please go back and read it in its entirely. Good, interesting stuff! Thanks again for posting UW!
          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
          :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nice to "meet" you finally done

:welcome: - from me lol

I'm a newbie here, but really enjoy the "company".

Looking forward to hearing how things go for you.

At this stage you probably don't feel "awesome", but what you are doing right now is!

:l
            :wings: "Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Jane27

not sure if this is better in the fitness forums, but I have decided to try and track with "fitnesspal"

Its free and has a web android/iphone interface

lots of food details etc - see what you think

Even putting in "no exercise" and "sedentary" I still get about 1500 calories - which hints at how much I have to loose.

:wings:
              :wings: "Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."

Comment

Newbies Nest

I agree Lola about K9's lovely new picture...there is a radiance there which you can see...methinks it may have something to do with K9's AF success!
                Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Awww...thank you guys, you're making me blush :blush:

Blonde - You are right, I haven't felt this good in ages...if only I could get back into my exercise routine, but I'm "thinking" about it, that's the first step. :H
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Love the new pic K9!
                    Welcome done, and any others.
                    Jane, I gotta bleach my teeth too, what are you using?
                    Lol as you are healthily planning your diet, I just caved and asked Mr. Nursie to bring home something decadent. Chocolaty, or fudgie, or peanut buttery.... Why is this happening to me? Lol
                    Day 1 again 11/5/19
                    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

i am back and struggling

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1271598 wrote: Welcome to the Nest Finallydone!
                        This thread moves fast and there's so much support here. Our Mama birds will be along later with all kinds of wisdom (Byrdie and Lav). I hope your day is getting better and that the shakes and withdrawals are not too bad. Can I ask what dose of Ativan you are taking? Hang in there!
                        K9
                        Thank you K9 for your kind words. The shakes are going away. Thankfully! Now I am just really really really tired out. It feels like I was in a boxing match today. I did try to lay down but as soon I close my eyes I just get a weird feeling and mind races. Being awake right now I feel pretty good. I took 20mg of ativan and it seems to be taking the edge of. I am worried a little because I have gone threw mulitiple detoxs and I was drinking 8 to 16 beers a day and would top it off with a stiff drink before bed. I had a massive panic attack yesterday that has really shook me to the core. These have happened in the past all due to drinking. When I clear past the first few days my anxiety drops..my mood gets better...but WHY DO I KEEP GOING BACK THE DREADED DEMON OF AL. I start feeling good about myself and than I want to feel better by getting some booze into my system. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR when will I ever learn. But I think I have some friends now who can guide me and be here when I get that stinking thinking. Thanks everyone! I am hanging in there!
                        Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evenbing Nesters,

Hello & welcome finallydone! Great name!!!
                          I started here three years ago by reading the MWO book. It's full of good info & you can download it right from the Health store here on the site. Making a good plan for yourself is essential. Identify your drinking triggers & decide ahead of time how you are going to handle them differently, without AL. Use the ideas in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html to help you with your plan.

jane ~ beige teeth :H :H

K9, love your new pic!

Mands & everyone interested. I signed up on MyFitnessPal at the beginning of the month & have managed to lose 4 lbs - not bad for this granny of three
                          Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Anxiety levels are kicking up again and getting that unreal feeling. Anyone have good advice. I am feeling better just by posting here. but wow...this is going to be a long night. A good lesson learned. hope everyone is having a great evening.

Comment

Newbies Nest

All of a sudden feeling really sick. Stomach is aching and my head feels like it's being twisted thru a blender. I amm sooooooooooooo tired. Called my friend and told her I was finally going to a doctor to get treated for anxiety as it can be a issue for us alcoholics. So ready to end this viscious and deadly cycle. Ugghhhhhhhhhhhh just not going well right now.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Finally Done!

finallydone;1271687 wrote: I am worried a little because I have gone threw mulitiple detoxs and I was drinking 8 to 16 beers a day and would top it off with a stiff drink before bed. I had a massive panic attack yesterday that has really shook me to the core. These have happened in the past all due to drinking. When I clear past the first few days my anxiety drops..my mood gets better...but WHY DO I KEEP GOING BACK THE DREADED DEMON OF AL. I start feeling good about myself and than I want to feel better by getting some booze into my system. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR when will I ever learn. there!
                                I could have written that myself! As you know from past experiences, the anxiety and shakes will get better after about 2 days (at least for me). All I can say is ride it out. You probably wont sleep all that great for about 3 days but after that you will start to feel sooooo much better, as you know. After that the mind game begins. That is when we have to fight that voice in our head that says "Just one wont hurt". We all know it will. When that voice starts getting to me, I log on here, read and post. It helps so much!

Here's to the beginning of your new al free journey! :l
                                "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
                                Goal 1- 3 days al free
                                Goal 2- 7 days al free
                                Goal 3- 1 month al free
                                Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Working...
                                X