Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Afternoon Peeps,

Welcome Roly:welcome: The nest is a great place.

Doc's appt. is tomorrow. I wish it was my old Doc but we'll see how it goes.

I think HB and I are going to take a road trip here shortly. Just had to get things squared away with my Mom and my silly hands.

Dill, Chops, Sea, Sd, Ung I miss you gals.

PR how are you and G cat doing?
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Dill for understanding:l I knew you would!! What I can promise you for sure is that I won't let it get out of hand....I will NEVER go back to where I was in January!!! Thanks for your support!!
      Lil--AWESOME to hear from you...darn those hands!!! My dad (step) is a dermatologist...I wish you could just take a picture of them and send it to me, I'd show him...he's great...he'd know what to do right away!!! Sending healing vibes your way!!!
      Sea-Omigosh...thats so funny about the Diet Pepsi!!!! I am the same way!!!! I am down to ONE can a day!!!! HAVE to have it in the morning ...but that's it!!! I have cut back on that too...from like 4 cans to only 1 a day!!! It did the same thing to beer for me!! That's why if I stick to drinking beer, I won't drink that much either...I think it must have to do with the carbonation or something??? It's so weird...but hey, I'll take it over the other!! Killed two birds with one stone for me!!!
      Roly--Nice to have to with us!!! You sound like a 'chipper' person!!:H Looking forward to getting to know you!!
      Chops--I hear you on looking forward to the long weekend!!! I had my first risk assessment today:upset: I felt so bad for the girl...to be so young (5th grade) and to be having thoughts of such hopelessness!! Ugh!! So glad she sought me out to talk!! Anyway...ready for the weekend...I'll be taking my son to see his dad...hoping to get some packing done!!! Or at least cleaning and throwing :H I also have my "redo" date on Saturday! DO you have any big plans?? Going to see your son or grandson???
      Papa R and G--big hugs tonight!!
      Catch up with everyone in the AM!!
      SD:l
      UNG??? Knockin down anymore walls??? Come on....I need a house update!!:l
      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
      7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Me & G are doing well Lil....thanks for asking....gotta get to work early, so tucking you all in now......sweet dreams precious ones....see you tomorrow.
        PR & G

Comment

Newbies Nest

k day one for me so i feel ya there. i can usually make it 3 or 4 and then boom just hits me. have so many unpaid bills because of drinking it is ridiculous. But right here right now i am going to make a solid push. at 21 years old i can't believe i am faced with this problem.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, all!

Chops, you are so lucky that your grandson is only 4 hours away. I have to fly to go see mine. (not a problem for a bird! lol) We go a couple of times a year.

SD, I forget, when is your move? It's hard to pack, I feel for you!

Sea, I hope we can agree to disagree on the baseball teams! lol!

Lil, good to see you!

Hey, PR! Hope all is well with you and Mr. G.

I have to fly. Gotta be at work early and have meetings all day. Have a great day, all!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Fellow Nesters

dill-of course we can agree to disagree on any sports. That is part of the fun, and I would never let anything get in the way of our friendship. We have a common bond that goes far beyond sports.
              SD- Are you on Topa? I like the way you look at it "killing two birds with one stone", but perhaps thae "Nest" is not the right place to say that. LOL
              Hello CM, PR&G, Lil, UNG, Roly, Izzy and all others to follow. It is going to be in the 90's here today. Crazy NH weather. I am going to the library to do some cover letters and to an AA meeting. For some reason my daughter's laptop is not compatible with my printer. Ugh. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!
                Dill, I'll be moving the weekend of June 12-15th!! Yippee!! We get out of school on the 28th so that should give me plenty of time to get things packed up, I'd think!! When are you done with school?
                Sea-Saw you Sox won last night!! Twins, not so much!! I am on Topa...I need to start being better about taking it regularly though!! I used to be so good!!! What I need to do is reorder some more Kudzu...then I'd remember because I always took them together...I'd get out my little pill box thing again...I always think I'll just remember to take the second dose but I don't...I did better when I set it all out first thing in the morning...I'm a gal of routine!!!
                School is hectic today for some reason this morning!! So I better get moving!! Kids are getting restless!! SO are the teachers :H Have a great Thursday!!!
                Sd:l
                "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning fellow peeps! It's a gorgeous day here in Oregon and our forcast is for high 70's to mid 80's for the next week...I am sooooo happy

Sea, I am will you and Dill on agreeing to disagree on sports. It makes the world so much more fun and interesting.

Dill, I am grateful my grandson is only 4 hours away. However, I don't make it down there nearly enough. He should be making a trip up to me very soon. It's so hard when the parents aren't together any more to coordinate schedules. Thank goodness for email and digital cameras and phones :H

SD, I don't have many plans for the weekend. My boyfriend and his son are going out of town. I am staying behind because I have college coursework that I have to complete. Priorities sure do change as we get older. I will probably see my son on Monday for a BBQ, but won't see the grandson. He will be with his mommy. I do understand the feeling of throwing things and not packing :H Thankfully the girl did come talk to you....that must have been so difficult:l

Lil, we all miss you too :l I am thinking of you and let us know how the doctor turns out. Where are you going to go on your roadtrip?

PR & G, are you guys staying cool? Hope you have a wonderful day.

Hello to UNG, Roly and all others to come! Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all! Just a very quick check in fromthe UK. All going well, even getting on with my Mom!

catch up when I get back. x

Bxx
                    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

YAY, Betty! 'Glad to hear from you! It's great that you're getting along with the Mum on your trip. Have a lovely time and we want to hear all about it when you return.

"If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Newbies Nest

Peep,

My old hand Doc. moved to Colorado. So I went to see a new one today. I've been seeing my old Doc for 10 yrs. Was hoping for the best with this new one. Are you ready for this? He but my thumb in a cast! :shocked: I kid you not!!! They put this stuff around my thumb and the palm of my hand like silly putty (is anyone here old enough to remember silly putty?) and when cooled it got hard then it's held to my hand with Velcro. Then in 10 days if this doesn't work he will give me the cortisone shot. I told him I wouldn't have insurance in 10 days cause of HB retiring. He said that's ok he would set me up on a payment plan.

Then he wanted to give me a script for pain pills!!! Even though when he started asking about meds, I told him I was a recovering alcoholic!! I tell you girls, i was so mad I wanted to ripe his lungs out through his nose!!! :durn: I am not going back to that doc in 10 days.

Poor hubby. He and the cats have been in hiding scince I have been home. That was over an hour ago. Guess I had better go and try and find them.

Sorry everyone. I"ll try and caught up on everyone tomorrow. :groupluv:

Don't worry. I'm not drinking.
                        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Goodnight my little ones.....may the nest be peaceful tonight with reflections of success on this day...........................sweet dreams.
                          Pops & G

Comment

Newbies Nest

It’s Fridayand we are at the start of a “long weekend”! Hurray. I am even going to extend mine by a day on Tuesday!

SD, June 12 is not so very long from now. That is so exciting! And fill us in on how the ‘redo’ goes! That is so sad about the 5th grader you described. I’m glad you were able to be there for her. Will she be able to get help from other sources once school is out?

Chops, even 4 hours is too far, isn’t it. Sometimes I think about moving to Florida. I’d get more serious about it but I’m not sure if they will stay there or not. These economic times are tough and my son is having a hard time getting decent employment. We won’t make a move unless we are sure they are staying there. Even then, I’m not sure we can afford to. We’ll see.

SB, I have been thinking about you and wondering how your race went. Glad you are getting on well with your Mom.

Sea, does the Topa make other stuff taste different besides the soda? Have you had other side effects? Do you feel like it reduces cravings? I used to take Campral. I think it helped, but was limited. It was a $30 copay, too. That’s more than my other meds.

Lilmea, tell me the name and places of your doctor and I’ll deck him FOR you! OMG! Is the cast on only one thumb? I thought both hands were hurting? Which hand has the thumb cast? How did you manage to type such a long post? SHEESH! Pain pills? Non addictive, I hope? SHEESH!

UNG, I am continuing to be mindful of the dangers of driving 55 MPH with my eyes closed.

Hey LilB, Roly and all to come. Hey, PR.

Have a great day, all!
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters
                              Just a quck fly by as I have an appointment this morning.
                              I am going back to work for the Nursing agency that I used to work for. It is a good thing because they are also a travel agency, so I can work locally for now, but can travel in the future to see Em in Cali and Patrick in Jersey and visit some of you guys. Very happy that I will have income again. Red Sox swept first place Toronto. Whoo Hoo
                              Sorry about that doc lil, what a f--kin' quack.
                              I lost my dosing schedule on the Topa and I am supposed to go up to 2 doses today. I don't know how far apart to space the doses. I have only noticed that my diet pepsi tastes like crap and the last time I had a beer it also tasted like crap. I believe it is helping with cravings,,, but I also take kudzu and LGlut so who knows? I am also back to AA. Whatever it takes. Nice to see you Betty, glad things are well with you.
                              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy, Happy Friday my fine feathered friends!!! I am so glad that the long weekend has arrived. The bonus....I am boy free for the weekend. I have studying to do, so the boyfriend and the two dogs went out of town. I'll miss them, but absence makes the heart grow fonder!

Sea, fab news on the job!!! I am so excited that things are turning around for you. You deserve it girl. Hopefully you can travel to Oregon sometime!

Dill, 4 hours is still too much when it comes to the grandson. I wish I could be closer, but there is no way for me to move. I am sorry your son is having a hard time finding decent work in Florida. Let's pray this all turns around and very quickly. Would it be a hard adjustment for you and hubby if you moved to Florida?

Lil, what a frustrating experience for you. Great job on staying AF. I can't understand the cast on one thumb either I always used to play with silly putty, so I know what you are describing :H

Sweaty, nice to see you. Glad your trip is going well and great job on the race!

Hi PR, SD, Lilbit and all others to come. Have a happy, safe, sober weekend. I will check in each day :l

Comment

Working...
                                X