Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrdie + Steady - I also find I have upped my caffeine intake ... Just love the taste.

Willow - ditto, on Twilight, my guilty pleasure, though I am way past my teens. My first quit cold turkey I swear I felt as like a "newborn" vamp
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sausage - Just remember that a craving will never last as long as a hangover!
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Still hanging on in there !

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey sausage - nice job of riding the surf of that craving! Oh boy, it's crazy. You forget how strong that can be and that it can seem to last forever. it is no wonder lots of us go to bed so early in the early days. Lately? I've been staying up LATE! heh heh heh...sometimes it's 10:30 before I turn out the light! ;-)

I hope finallydone is feeling ok....those first few days stink.

I'm a little lost...I should go backwards and read a little.
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm OK - the urge has passed - having a cup of tea right now.

Thanks so much for all your support, wouldn't have got through this evening without it - on to day 8 tomorrow!

Time for a piece of cake everyone!!

Thanks again

Sausage x
            Day 7 *******

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Sausage! (that sounds like a short order at the grill!) But you get yourself to Day 13, and I don't know why, but something clicks in your head and you begin to see that this really IS something you can do! It's a wonderful feeling, and you are almost there...You have now conquered every single day of the week, no surprises left...just hang in with us...you can do it!! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone! Well this afternoon the naseau and anxiety have begun to fade. hoping to catch a few hours of sleep tonight. I have school in the morning! At least I won't be hung over maybe tired but not hungover ! Hope you are all having a great and sober day! Peace everyone!
                Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings to all and happy March!

Sausage - good job - glad you hung in there and decided not to give in to that urge. I know they can be really strong at times, the buggers.

Welcome Finally Done and yes - you will feel so much better tomorrow morning - tired beats hungover any day of the week.

This place is busy, busy, busy! I am a coffee freak as well! Love, love, love my Keurig and have to have one cup of decaf coffee every evening - my special treat. Not sure what I'm going to replace it with in the summer but I know darn well it won't be alcohol.

Had an especially trying day at work - co-worker threw another co-worker of mine and myself under the bus and the statement he made was totally untrue! Nothing really bad - just told his boss that he had repeatedly asked my co-worker and me when this task in question was going to be done - and said asked us on a weekly basis. TOTAL CRAP! Never said anything at all to me and I was mad but at the same time really hurt. This guy was the last person in the world who I thought would do something like this. Trying to let it go.

Best part of the day was realizing that a couple of months ago, I would have headed straight home and to the bottle of wine waiting for me. Today - I had no such desire to do that - I know all too well that alcohol isn't the answer and I would end up feeling like shit tomorrow. JUST NOT WORTH IT!

Hey Byrdie, Lolab, Jane - K9, Shue - you guys are the rocks here that just keep this place going (as well as Lav who is the "mother rock") Sorry Lav - I know that doesn't sound too complimentary but you are definitely a rock to me!

Hi Willow - don't think we've been propery introduced yet but I know you are doing great!

Also K9 - love the new pic.

To anyone else who drops by, peace, strength, and here's to a good sober-night's sleep for us all!
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest,
                    Rough day today. Was so pissed off that I wanted to just go buy wine and mainline it, snort it, bathe in it... You get the picture. I knew it would pass. It did.
                    Anger is HUGE trigger for me.

Welcome welcome Finally Done.

Got my seltzer. And The Ellen show is totally cracking me up.
                    Day 1 again 11/5/19
                    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rotten day in many ways imaginable. Except for the weather...which was perfect. Worried about my Dad's health and my Mom's mental condition. Kids drove me nuts. Dog has surgery early tomorrow.

Thought about drinking A LOT. Can't imagine how much I would have drank if I did drink. But I didn't. Need to be clear headed to deal with what might be coming down the pike.

Just venting here...but proud that I did not cave. I do want to see 50 days and beyond...today is 48.

Good night all
                      BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie -
                        I hope you laugh so hard the seltzer comes out of your nose! Stay strong my friend :l
                        K9

Comment

Newbies Nest

:yougo::yougo: Belle - you stayed strong... I'm proud of you :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie...I'm glad Ellen is cracking you up...I cracked myself up at the Well Done Sausage thing, but no one else laughed so there you go...this is a tough room!
                            Learning to redirect anger/glee/frustration/boredom is a big deal in this journey....it DOES get much easier...just hang in everyone. We are here for each other. B
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all

just bouncing in for the afternoon, after work I'm out for dinner with the husband - yeah!

I have actually had a wine bath, its not something you would actually drink though and it was highly scented.

It was outside in a rainforest, interestingly I remember not drinking because the possums would sneak up and push over any glasses/dishes and munch on them.

Hope everyone is travelling well.
                              :wings: "Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all!

It's fabulous Friday and it's snowing in Beijing??? What, what, what? It snows here maybe once a year but never in March! God I hate snow. Am I really a Canadian? Ah well. Will still ride my bike to work. Just hope I don't crash! Day 16 now for me.

Jane- The Twilight series are movies. There are currently 4 and the last one will be released next year. The acting in the movie is kind of cheesy (IMO), but I love the story and Edward and Jake are the cutest boys you will ever lay eyes on....drooling right now. Definitely worth the watch!

Willow- I am really looking forward to the next one too! I think it will be the best movie. So far my fav is still the first one just cause Edward is so damn sexy.

Sausage- Great job on getting to day 8! Aren't you glad you are waking up this morning hang over free? You are doing so great so far. And sorry about my last post...I had you mixed up with Bouchard whose hubby is quitting with her. I really shouldn't post right before bed. Sorry!

Byrdie- I cracked up at your joke. It was a good one!

Nursie, Belle and Jolie- Sorry about your bad day. Tomorrow is a new day and will be much better than today.

Jolie- Have you thought about iced coffee for summers?

FD- Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better. The sleepless nights are a real downer, but like you said, better than a hangover. Just get through school today and then you have the weekend to catch up on sleep and start feeling like a million bucks!

k9- Great steal on Craig's list!

To all my other nesters, hope you have a great Friday! Off to work now, but will post later tonight! Sending positive energy to all!
                                "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
                                Goal 1- 3 days al free
                                Goal 2- 7 days al free
                                Goal 3- 1 month al free
                                Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Working...
                                X