Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Day 10 & still going strong. ya! Have a great night nesters!!
    Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
    Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
    10 days - Sept 13, 2012
    2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
    Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
    AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
    Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters,

Good day for me & for everyone here it seems

Jolie, I've turned into a Harris decaf green tea freak - drink it hot, drink it cold, drink it straight up all year round :H
      It must be a really effective antioxidant & immune booster because I've been healthy as a horse (knocking on wood)

Belle, sounds like you are a true example of the sandwich generation - been there & done that myself Hang in there & take care of yourself first & foremost!!!

Greetings to all the nesters & wishing you all a safe night in the nest -
      CG - snow in Bejing sounds really weird....

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening everyone!

Where did this day go? It is now almost 10:30 PM and I gotta get to Bedfordshire pretty darn quick as tomorrow is an early day to work. Went grocery shopping today and as I was standing in front of my favorite department-CHEESE-and picking out a few wedges, I felt a pang of craving that a nice bottle of red would go great with my selections...UGH. Well, I bee-lined it for the seltzer aisle and stocked up on lots of that instead. I have so much selzter right now in all sorts of flavors that it can't all even fit in the fridge! Also got some diet soda but not too much of that cause the plain flavored seltzer is better for you. So, I feel good about that whole business!

Did some retail therapy, bought some new perfume, makeup and a pink leopard hair dryer at Marshall's. A girl's gotta do what a girl's got to do I say. No shooooze though SHUE. But I did look. And take mental look to go back later and try on

Well, since it's late and I wrote a lot this morning I will close by saying goodnight to you all! Sausage, I am damn proud of you for not caving in today. I know it was a struggle and I was pulling for you all day...I just couldn't get you off my mind and I am so happy you pulled through. Tomorrow is another day and you will be waking up sober and better for it!

Night all!
        Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
        :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all (6 am UK) have just woken bright and early and without a hangover!

I'm on day 8 - feels so good to have completed a week!

Am so grateful to you all and the cake really helped!! But last night was SO tough - please tell me it gets easier !!

Thanks again

Sausage (Day 8 ********)

PS loved the joke about "well done sausage!" really made me laugh!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Evening All!

Glad to see everyone getting through their day without AL. It?s definitely not easy, but certainly doable!

I thought you all might enjoy the photos on this site after all the talk of wine baths, green tea, coffee etc. Apparently there are places in Japan where people bathe in all of those and more.

Sorry didn?t see any selzer baths or anyone eating sandwiches or sausages in the bath either! (What an idea -- my kids would love that!!) Hokane Wine Spa Opens in Japan | Oddity Central - Collecting Oddities

Enjoy!
            AF since 9/20/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

shueaddict;1272201 wrote: Byrdie + Steady - I also find I have upped my caffeine intake ... Just love the taste.

Willow - ditto, on Twilight, my guilty pleasure, though I am way past my teens. My first quit cold turkey I swear I felt as like a "newborn" vamp
              Yep, same. The clarity of everything really made me feel like I had new eyes!

Anyway, I'm sorry to say guys that I caved last night. Anyone wanting a drink - I'm telling you, it's crap! I feel rough and although I was up early with DD, I will be having a long nap later! Back on day one today.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sausage - well done! You're really doing great!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jolie;1272305 wrote: Hey Byrdie, Lolab, Jane - K9, Shue - you guys are the rocks here that just keep this place going (as well as Lav who is the "mother rock")
                  Jolie – I am not worthy of that praise - the others really do support the newbies here, I just fly in and chirp around occasionally

Jane – read the Twilight books, they are full of emotion – the first movie I found unwatchable – despite the Rob P eye candy – the rest of them get better.

Belle - I feel for you, sending you the " strength " vibes

Blondie - DO let me know when you go shoe shopping

Willow - love the "clarity" remark - but I am still a long way from complete self control.

Have a great day, nesties.
                  workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Newbies Nest

Willow, time to regroup and not let the AL foot get back in the door. Real important at the beginning of the weekend. Hope everyone has a great day!
                    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I actually feel more positive about going longer this time. Before I didn't know how I'd get to Day 4 but having recently done it and beyond, I know I'll be fine.

Just been to the supermarket and spent ?15 on juices/drinks - back on the good stuff.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Willow - It is amazing how much further and faster a little bit of confidence can bring you. Yes, you can get far beyond 4 days. Enjoy your juice this weekend!
                        12-20-2012 AF
                        Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Top 'o the mornin' to my fine Nestlings!

Congrats to saucy Sausage who fought her cravings and did not cave in...I'll let you in on a little secret ingredient I added to the GF cake we enjoyed on your behalf with our possie in the abbers thread yesterday: WILLPOWER! Glad you digested it and are waking up on the bright side!

Dear Willow, thank you for your honesty and do not beat yourself up for yesterday. You are back on track today and sounding more resolved. The most important thing is that you came back here straight away first thing this morning and got back on the wagon with all of your homies...we're here for ya and won't let you down!

Geesh, I kept saying last night that I would be on 10 days today when in fact, I am only at 9...my last drink was on the evening of Feb 21st, so my start day is 2/22. I guess I got overly excited last night and overly tired and jumped ahead of myself. But 9 days ain't shabby and guess what...tomorrow is the magic double digit day!

I, too, will confess to drinking lots of coffee! Like Shue, I love the taste (by the way, she's makes the BEST french press coffee for us every day in the abbers section...mmmmmmm), but I figure that right now, my sobriety is far more important than a constant caffeine buzz and I only really drink it early in the day so it doesn't interfer with sleep.

Willow, good for stocking up on the non AL drinks. I was completely out of my beloved go to drink, seltzer, yesterday and went on a big grocery shop last night with the hubs. I bought like literally 20 bottles or more of seltzer and diet soda (and weird flavors like diet cream soda and double fudge soda and to my utmost amazement, they are now making white chocolate seltzer??? I'll let you know how it is). Then my old standbys like lemon or lime seltzer and even a diet tonic water which I thought would be a good cocktail substitute should I get invited to a dinner party or something really scary like that! Anyway, I told hubs when he was looking with amazment at the number of bottles in the cart that, hey, all of this is LESS than a bottle of wine! So THERE!

Happy Friday to all. This day actually STARTS my work week and its been a fabulous 2 days off. Looking forward to seeing my peeps at work.

Love and peace to all of the nestlings today and stay strong no matter what!
                          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                          :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone - hope there's room for one more.

Many thanks Lolab and Pinecone for the invitation to join you all in the nest. :thanks:

Day one for me - but hopefully now I found this lovely new comfy home I will keep on the right track.
                            Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Snap, I've been here before, but I continue to struggle with the wine. Part of my problem is I don't post, I'll read and read and read, but never post for support. I need help. I am hoping I can squeeze in a lunchtime AA meeting today. I am not crazy about it, but I have to do something. I am an empty nester and my daughter told me last night she will be living in her college town over the summer. Last summer she lived at home. I am fine with that but dread the empty house. My other two children are coming home tonight for the weekend only to leave again on Sunday. That makes me dread the weekend. My heart aches so bad when they leave. So I drink. I'll post more later bc I am at work, but maybe we can share this journey?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Hello Snapdragon, glad you decided to join us

Willow, did you have AL in the house?
                                Makes it all too easy to fail IMHO. If you really want to go AF then get AL out of your house

Hope everyone has a fantastic AF Friday ~ that's my plan
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X