AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Snapdragon - glad you've found us on here - welcome

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mands ? day 10 today! autumn starting ? wow! I?m so glad we?re just getting near to spring here.

K9 ? wow ? I?ve never really looked at craigslist ? that?s amazing! I hope you got them switched out by now.

Finallydone ? day 3 back to school today?this is the first time you?ve had US here ? so even when you start feeling better ? keep posting about the experiences and feelings?.there?s lots to work through that?s for sure. I know I?m still figuring things out.

Blondie ? day 9 ? you DO find the odd flavors of selzer - didn't you find an eggnog one at the holidays?!!! thanks for the reminder to read unwasted?s post ? excellent ? and thank you for posting that unwasted1

Jane, once a year grocery shopping ? really? Sounds like you are feeling better! It?s great when you feel upbeat about being sober, isn?t it?

Nursie, in the past week, I?ve made a cheesecake and a strawberry yogurt cake?.I dunno?.I?m usually a salty person, not sweet?gosh, the first of March was a rough day for many! They will probably get annoying after a bit, but I?ve been laughing at the Ellen JCPenney commercials too?.love her.

Canadiangal ? about your hubby?s friend?s dad?it really makes you realize how lucky we are to have found this place and each other.

Steady ? Did I ever tell you? I worried about you at first?you seemed to have so many challenging personal things with the ex and the family stuff ? but you have stuck to your guns and now have the stress of school thrown into it all. I really admire you. (and awesome post to snapdragon)

Shue ? you seem to have turned a corner?.no messing around ? you?re going to do it this time!

Jolie ? that stinks about the guy at work?.great job on not using it as an excuse to drink though.

Winewrangler ? nice picture! I guess I missed that you had 60 days in ? congratulations!

Willow ? your post from yesterday said that you didn?t really know what the plan was?.and I don?t think you meant an AF plan, but maybe a lack of structure is one of your triggers? Just thinking aloud?.or not aloud?um?.on paper?no, not on paper?..or is it that DH was around, so you felt like cutting loose a little? What happened? You were headed for a bath?

Allswell ? you?ll be coming up on a month before we know it, right?

Sausage ? great job?I?ll never be able to say well done to you thanks to Byrdie?:H

I preferred the twilight books to the movies?.in my imagin-aaaa-tion, Edward was much hotter than Rob P.

Byrdie - I really do appreciate all your humor!!! And I probably only actually catch half of them ?I have been thinking about cutting out the coffee for a couple of months. Still have my two mugs in the morning. ?

Oh Belle, I?m sorry for what you?re going through with your parents?I?m so proud of you for recognizing that drinking was not going to help one bit. Look at you on day 49 today!!!!! I hope things are looking a little brighter.

Lav, I have never heard of that ? sandwich generation?.so true.

Hi wickedmom?my son loves having a dish of ice cream while he?s in the tub. It works out great because he?s a 13 yr old boy and is very messy

Hello, Snapdragon ? I had the same sorts of feelings about my boy?I would drop him at school in the morning?.still buzzed?.and cry on the way home?.knowing that I was making such a mess of his life if I kept It up. settle in ? read back a few pages ? I like picking a couple of people and reading back over their posts to get to know them?. (snapdragon?s ?story? ? why she wants to quit ? is another post?.)

Piper! Welcome back! I?ve wondered about you. I really hope you stay and post some more. :l

I was thinking this morning after dropping the kid off - about how crappy and foggy and dazed I always felt driving him to school....you do tend to forget that shaky awful feeling....I never ever want to go back there.

I?m about done with my self imposed time limit ? nothing too exciting going on for me this weekend. I?m enjoying the slow days of late winter. Nice weather is so short lived around here that once it?s here I go go go like crazy.

-lola
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

When you're counting days of AF, can't you count the day after you imbibed, lol? 2/23 was my first sober day, so I count today as 9 days, so yes Blonde, IMO, it's 10 days for you!:goodjob:

"I like people too much or not at all."
          Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav - no, I didn't have it in the house, there is a store practically right on my doorstep so I went out to get it.

Lola - DH was my 'trigger' yesterday, he pissed me off. I had been thinking about AL since the supermarket and said to him that I really wanted some. He said "sooner or later ... Nope, I'm not going to comment ...." and I just thought that if he didn't believe in me, what's the point? I should have found it and gone down my stubborn route like the other day but it was so hard. Anyway, back on now.

Blonde and SH - thanks so much :0)

Off to get DD from school now so will be back later x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nestiedoodles,

Byrd, the well done sausage cracked me up. And Ellen was hysterical. The JCP commercials kill me too.
              Lola, thank you
              K9 I love u bitch

Snap and Piper welcome back. Good to have you both here!

Lol the wine baths! I was kidding but holy moly! That would NOT be safe for me lol. And can you imagine getting pulled over after one of those? "Ma'am have you been drinking". "no officer, I was bathing in wine". "Step out of the car". Lmao

Glad to see the cravings pass so quickly now. I'm not going to die or self combust if I don't give in to a craving. So yes, Sausage it DOES get easier. And it's worth it!
              Day 1 again 11/5/19
              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oops, cross post Willow. I know that feeling well with loved ones who think we will fail.
                Glad you are back in the nest.
                Next time I would laugh in his face and say "Watch me babe". And go abuse the shit out of the elliptical. Eventually they will see that we are sober and their negativity is unwelcome.
                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

feeling yuck newbies, my head has taken over
                  "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesterlings,
                    Thanks so much for the kind words, and strong vibes. Yes, yesterday was a crap day, but down deep I had the feeling that I'd be damned to let AL take advantage of that and cram his nasty little head back into my life. I kept remembering what Byrdie has said...that you never (rarely?) have 2 bad days in a row. Today might not be the best, but it would have been a hell of a lot worse if I had drank. nanny nanny boo boo on you, AL!

Willow, so proud of you to jump safely back into the nest so quickly and with a new resolve. Experiences like that do serve to teach us something about ourselves. Take it as a lesson and move forward.

Nursie, you really crack me up!
                    Jane, you are sounding great in spite of the insomnia. Hope that works its way out.
                    Sausage...keep up the good work.
                    Lola, Lav, Byrdie...you keep the nest so cozy and safe. :thanks:
                    K9...so happy to hear how well you are doing. I am sure your daughter is so proud.

While the pooch is out for her "nip and tuck" today, I have to get busy vacuuming around here without her under-foot.

Have a great AL free day y'all!
                    BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesties!

Hope everyone is doing well today, it sounds like it. Big props to Belle and Nursie for getting through those damn cravings! AL is a bitch, but we are stronger, right?? We're gonna kick that bitch to the curb and show it who's boss!

SOOO happy it's Friday. I am dreading the big switch of washing machines tomorrow though, I need to move the dryer to get the old machine out and the new machine in. Then what to do with the old one? My garage is starting to turn into an episode of Hoarders! My City will pick up one bulky item for free every 6 months, so I guess I should ask them to come and get it...especially since I am sitting right here at City Hall. LOL

Sunday is gonna be a fun day...me, my daughter, her best friend, and her best friends mom are going to see the play Little Women, then dinner at the Olive Garden (uh oh, here come the waitresses shoving the free wine!). It's going to be such a fun "GIRLS" day! I never would have done this years ago...I would have been too hungover to even WANT to do anything! Being sober rocks!

My boss is off today, so I'm looking forward to a pretty relaxed day at work. I may even get a jump start of moving my dryer and washer around tonight. I'm very stubborn and just do things myself instead of waiting for help, and this is why I will probably end up with a hernia. LOL

Have a great day Nesties....and welcome to the newbies!!!

K9
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone,
                        I was here years ago but here I am again. Thanks to jane27 to encourage me to read/post on this site! I really liked what k9 lover said a few posts back, "A CRAVING WILL NEVER LAST AS LONG AS A HANGOVER." I wrote that down on a post-it and will post it somewhere...not sure where.

I am on day three. I had just recently gone seven days, but drank again on Tuesday evening. I am so sick of this. My body has had it. Everytime I drink, I go through the night just hoping I will wake up the next day. I have taken my blood pressure in the middle of the night and my pulse rate was at about 127 or higher, (I can't recall.) That was just with me laying down. Everytime I drink, my blood pressure is low the next day, but then high the next couple of days. If I go AF for about four or five days, it will regulate itself again.

I just want to get healthy. I have this feeling that alcohol will kill me if I keep on like I'm going.
                        "One day at a time. Messy bed, Messy head."
                        March 13, 2012

Goal #1: 7 days 3/19/12 DONE
                        Goal #2: 15 days 3/27/12
                        Goal #3: 30 days 4/11/12
                        Goal #4: 60 days 5/11/12
                        Goal #5: 90 days 6/10/12
                        Goal #6: 6 months
                        Goal #7: 1 year

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope:welcome: Back.

We all feel your frustration about knowingly doing harm to our bodies. It's crazy, really it is. And it's no secret that there are people who drink themselves to death. And, just think about what it does to us that we can't see, feel or measure! But, that's addiction. It's work to cure ourselves, but it can be done!

Anyway, I'm wishing the best for you and glad you made it back. Most of us here have had several failed attempts to stop. Maybe you've hit your bottom, and you're ready.

I wish I could fast forward you to a few months down the road so you could see what it feels like to be rid of alcohol. Try to hang in there because eventually you'll internalize the knowledge that being sober is a much better life. Right now you know it intellectually, but you don't feel it deep down. You will, though, it you can stick with it for a while.

Best to you...........and all the other nesters. Have a great AF weekend everyone. Distract yourself if weekends are a big trigger for you......drink lots of water, take hot baths, read, cook, watch tv, go for a walk............

:lilheart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters - I think I'm going to struggle this evening - and it's Friday! This is day 8 and for some reason the last 3 nights including tonight have been harder than days 4,5 and 6. Please tell me it gets easier. I am really not enjoying this!

Comment

Newbies Nest

In the same boat, not much fun yet is it:upset:
                              "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Sugar - you motivated me last night . I need you to be strong to help me!

Comment

Working...
                                X