Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey...brand new to Topamax, just got it in the mail yesterday. I had a physical today and was told I have hypothyroidism and will need to start taking meds for this. Also on Prozac and Wellbutrin for depression. Does anyone know if Topamax interferes with any of these meds?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Karen--Now a girl talkin my language:H Topa, Wellbutrin and Prozac (or Vitamin P) as I like to call it!! LOL!! I too am on all three of those, and no there are no harmful interactions. I was very sure to ask my doctor...he's been great and VERY helpful and supportive throughout this process with me!! Good luck...keep me posted on how the mixture works out for you....I found it made me tired at first...but it sounds like that's very common in stopping the consumption of AL in general!! Good Luck!!

Chops--Happy studying...but don't forget to enjoy some of the long weekend!!:h

Sea-Awesome job on the job!!! That's great!!:thumbs:

Dill-I'm not really sure what will happen to that 5th grade girl....sad to say, but I think once school is out grandma will take her back to the Rez and I'd be surprised if she came back next year...this is her third time back to this school in 3 years....SUCKS!

Lil-You have Quack doctors like we have here, huh?!?!?! They just bend over and pull ideas out of their :xxx: LOL!!! Well have fun on your trip anyway!!

SweEty--Nice to see you...same goes for LilB, Papa R and his Lil G!!! I'm crackin myself up tonight!! LOL!!
      Have a great night Nesters!!
      Sd:l
      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
      7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just saying good night to all my fellow nesters!

SD, I have all my assignments complete! I will be enjoying the long weekend now, except I miss my boys already :H Please let us know how your date goes!

Hello to everyone...Dill, Lil, PR, G, Lilbit, Roly, Sea, UNG...I am soooo tired from studying that I hope I didn't forget anyone.

Good night all. See you in morning:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Chopper, thanks for saying hi to G....well, goodnight all....looong day tomorrow.
          Pops & G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 1

Hi Renewal and others,

This is my first post on MWO. Just took my first Topomax an hour ago. I already hate the stuff, but need the help. Worried about how I'll feel tomorrow -- day one on this toxic medication and day one AF.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.

Rosebud
            :new:
            Rosebud

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh I wish it were a holiday weekend!

Welcome Rosebud, from the absent one.

Never posted on this thread before, but I am feeling rather newbie-ish.
              I think I have to go visit my home-boy (homeopath doc, that is) Yeast is taking over again - I need my controlled diet and to rid myself of this yeast (wine) infested body! Wine is the devil!!! I think I need to try acupuncture to help rid my of this terrible disease.......

Help.

Working out like a demon, but suffering from terrible dizzy spells today at work. I hope it's not my heart or something terrible like that.

I should really go to bed, but am worried about my 17yo boys out at an acreage keg party and just wish they would get home!! I made my boy promise not to drink, as he is driving, but what one hopes for does not necessarily come to fruision (how does one spell that????)

I love you guys!
              xoxo peanut

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Peanut,

Thanks for responding. It's really a good feeling to know someone else is out there. Hopefully, by now your son is safe at home.

I tried acupuncture last fall. It did make me feel better, except for the cravings. Take care of yourself.

Rosebud
                Rosebud

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Rosebud welcome aboard, you will plenty of support from some great folks on here. Hi Peanut I am fairly new here and this is also my first post on this thread. I also have a 17yr old son so hear you calling on that one.
                  Keep safe
                  KTAB
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H:welcome:Welcome to the thread, Pnut, KTAB, and welcome to the website, as well, Karens and Rosebud! :welcome:Great to have you along! Rosebud, did the acupuncture provide any help at all?

Pnut, I've been missing you! :l So great to hear from you! Dizzy spells? If that keeps up you better get it checked out! It might be low blood pressure? or drop in sugar level? Please let me know if it goes away!

Sea! Yay for the job!!! Sad to say, my Indians lost to the Reds last night. Dang! But the Cavs beat the Magic! Yay!

Chops, I'm with SD: 'All work and no play make Chops a dull girl!' Enjoy some!

Thankfully, my days with teens are past! I have had many a sleepless night, though. I can very well relate to what you are saying! I made it through one boy and one girl!

PR, You and I have had too many long days at work! We need a vacation! Wanna go visit SD? We can get some exercise helping her move! lol!

Hey UNG, Lil and all else to come!

Have a great day!
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Day Nesters
                      Great to have you her P'Nut. Welcome Rost, Karen, KT.
                      Well I go a quick reminder of why I left this agency 8 months ago. I went to my first assignment a 7am; a Private Duty assignment. There was some confusion,, miscommunication, and I was sent home with two hours of pay. Not thrilled. Glad I sent 4 other resumes out last Thursdays. So I came home and drown my sorrows in a Boston Creme Donut, and No, I do not feel Guilty.lol. Coffee has been on since 5:15am, got donuts, muffins, and diet pepsi for SD.
                      Have a great Saturday all. I think I'm going back to bed for awhile.
                      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters ~ see I have company in the early riser community!

Welcome Rosebud, KTAB, Karens and Pnut! :welcome: It is nice to have you here in the nest.

Rosebud, how are you feeling today? I hope the TOPA isn't too hard on you.

Peanut, I have missed you too. Sorry you are having dizzy spells and I hope it is nothing serious. Keep us updated on what your homeopath does. I always found his information so interesting.:l

Peanut and KTAB, teen boys at 17 are pretty worrisome. I just went through that phase 3 years ago. Good news is, they do listen to their moms. You wouldn't believe they do, but somehow the advice does get through. Peanut, did you son make it home safely?

Dill, I am going to have some fun and relaxation this weekend. I have plans with my mom today and BBQ's for tonight, tomorrow and Monday. All with family and close friends. Bonus, I have to drive, so AF it will be GO CAVS!!! I am rooting for them now to win the championship!

PR, have a great day at work. No prob on saying hi to G. All of us gals know how special our pets are and they so deserve to be included!

SD, big date tonight...right? Please let us know how it goes. I am with Dill on helping move. I need some more exercise too. Whose up for a moving party?

Sea, so sorry about your first assignment. Hang in there girl. I know the other resumes will pan out for you :l Thank you for the coffee and donuts. I am going to eat a donut and not feel guilty either :H

Hi Lil, UNG, Sweaty and all others to come!

I am off to do my house cleaning. Then off to my mom's for a day in the sun. I'll check in later. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Afternoon!!
                          :welcome::welcome:KTAB and Rosebud
                          :lGreat to see you here in the nest Peanut!!! I've missed you!! I think I'm all rested up and am ready to hear some more of your amazing daily work out routines:H I've always wanted to try acupuncture....but does it hurt?? Stick around the nest...it's great here!!
                          Chops--Way 2 go girl on getting your homework done!! A+ for you!!! Work b4 play...now it's time to have some fun :happy:
                          Sea--Drinking the DP as I type...and I'll have one of those yummy donuts to please!! Thank you!!!
                          Dill--I am SOOOOOO in favor of a moving party or vacation or anyone that needs some exercise and wants to come visit the beautiful mosquito infested SD...it's lovely about this time of year:H People may start wondering why is it I live here, blizzards, 9 months of winter, mosquitoes in the summer???? No crime!! No one can ever go outside....LOL!!!!
                          "G" cat--You take good care of Papa R tonight when he gets home...extra loves!!!
                          I better get to cleaning!!!
                          Have a great Saturday!!!
                          "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                          7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi fellow nesters. I've been flitting about the other threads but haven't been here much. (Funny, considering my avatar - you'd think I would go straight to the nest first.) I just wanted to say hello and that everyone here is doing so very well! It's inspirational. It's day 19 AF for me and I'm learning to enjoy weekends without the "pop-slurp-pass out-feel bad" routine. How liberating!

Choppers, enjoy your day in the sun. I'm US west coast too, but no sun in sight yet, only fog.
                            "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Newbies Nest

g'night nesters...
                              keep slipping off on my way to the nest..feel a bit like the wee birds around here that just decided to jump and get it over with...kerplunk....mom "come onnnnn, told you to wait"
                              Will get it right eventually.
                              Try to get on here more....but kinda stuck in that Why? mode....
                              Added the tools to my folder

gotta motivate read plan.
                              Being very hard. Y'all are great. Pain and all it's issues are so big for me I feel like I'm barking furiously up a tree that really doesn't grow in the direction my sunny little face looks for....(little dog style...yip yip yip)

Such a wonderful bunch of folks here. If I can use this place as it is intended.

I have heard from people who love me(family, friends).....that all the pain talk is a bit much.
                              So try to tamp it down.
                              Will try here...would like a sponsor type person....I know that is asking a lot. We are all busy folks.

I am eating much better, taking my supplements. I try to have something positive, every day.
                              Those seem like such a crock as real effort.
                              See ya
                              roly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Peeps,

Settling in for the night. Spent the day getting the camper ready for a roadtrip next week. It's the small kind that we pull behind the bike so I'm hoping for clear skies. Hoping to take off toward the end of next week.

Hugs to all my peeper buds. and hope all is well with you.

PR the lights on and G is waiting at the door for you.

Have a great week end everyone
                                AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X