Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,
    Just checkin in, sober as a judge. Scratch that I don't know any sober judges lol. I'm sober as a girl on 57 days!
    I had another "attack" today where work was insanity, I had to take my kids to the store for a few things and nothing went right. I got sooo pissed on the way home when someone was tailgating me and I realized I was close to snapping.
    I have to keep saying no when I can't do things and reconstruct my boundaries.

Hope all is well with my fellow nestlings.
    Sober dust for all!
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Herbie, good on you - feel exactly the same! And Nursie, I am so impressed - go you!!!!
      I feel great today. Think I made the mistake of giving up 2 vices, nicotine and alcohol, at the same time - done well for a while and felt great but then as the weight crept on, I got more and more peeved. Started drinking again and thinking ok, as long as I don't smoke, but as we all know, drink in, wit out, and smokes came back as well. Back to same old....physical signs; i.e dry patches on my body, depression, weight, hopelessness, puffy face all made their way back to see me. Haven't felt so bad since 2010.
      So, here I am, back smoking, but I will deal with that later - alcohol is what I consider to be the bigger danger right now so......
      Wish you all a great day and to anyone who has slipped, please take a deep breath and come back!
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes- cigarettes have remained my vice right now. I need something! I think drink out first is better, then tackle the cigs.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while - glad to see everyone doing well.

And I hear those that have slipped up- get back on that horse-never too late!
        45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
        New day 1- 9 January !
        Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nice post Lavande

I needed that today
          "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Daisy, I sure understand the insanity of going back. Do we ever really understand why? We had the thought and then we began to cultivate it. We push it back but there it is again and then it whispers, you can handle it this time. You know how much is too much, you can just have a drink with friends occasionally, you can have a glass of wine while watching a movie....... I don't know what yours whispered, (and then screamed), but it started out suttle, then grew into something I couldn't ignore. Why did I fall? Because I didn't do the things I knew I needed to do. I didn't meditate, I didn't go to any meetings, I didn't share with anyone cause I knew they would talk me down. THAT IS INSANITY!

I had a rough time last night. I wanted a glass of wine. Would sound crazy to people outside this addiction world, but I thought of this group of people that I don't really know, (but I do), and there silly knicknames and decided I'd like to be able to say today, I'm starting Day 4! I had forgotten how difficult it can be to sober up! Hope everyone has a wonderfully blessed, AF day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh yeah, my sweet basset hound woke us up this morning dreadfully sick, (i'll spare you the details). I was so thankful that I was sober, and able to wake up and handle what faced me so she could be cared for. I couldn't have done that after an evening with a bottle or two of wine! Woo Hoo! It's the little things that I'm thankful for.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am posting this morning because I am still here. I have yet to get past day one. Hopefully today I will make it. I've made it to the very end of the day and then cave. If I can just get in my bed and not get out. That is what I am going to try tonight. Have a good day everyone....and thank you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie, good luck on the Spartan race, that's a real workout! Glad to hear from you Austrailia. Nursie, Jane, you and I are so close to 60 we can almost touch it! Take care everyone, it's been said over and over but it's true. It does get better, much better.
                  2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters,

piper - you keep working at it, i am proud of you for not giving up!

Sausage - glad to see you made it through last night!

Today i welcome day 3! it's amazing how much better i feel already. I know this first week (until the weekend) wont be too much of a struggle as i feel a natural high from clearing out the AL in my body. Will sit close by here this weekend as that will be my first test.

have a great sober day all!
                    sigpic

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters

Sunny over my portion of the nest today ~ nice!

Hello & welcome back Herbie! Please settle in & make yourself comfortable.

Jolie, a couple of semesters of anatomy & physiology & we'll have you up to speed with the new language around here :H

Daisy & Australia - give yourselevs a couple months before you quit smoking. I did that too because I really wanted to succeed in both quits. When you're ready go to Quitnet (btw- I found myself smoking more than ever after I quit drinking - nerves? kind of grossed myself out)

DogWood, I'm glad we were lurking in the background when you had drinking thoughts. That means we were doing our jobs

Greetings to sugarbeat, Nursie, SH, Pocket, piper, Ima & everyone. Wishing you all a fabulous AF Tuesday!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

piper123...stay around and fight through this tough time. You can do it!!

imaclean...congrats on day 3. keep it up. I have a great high from being AF too. Isn't it amazing how that poison in our bodies just really screws with our emotions? I make such better choices from the way I eat to the things that come out of my mouth when I am AF.

I am on Day 7. Can't believe it. This is a true test. Tonight will be hard. I went to an AA meeting yesterday. Last night was actually hard too but I just drove home and did not stop by the liquor store. I ate dinner and got in bed and started watching my shows. I normally have to start drinking on an empty stomach so the alcohol will "hit" me better...isn't that sick? So I have found if I just eat dinner, I will be okay. I also have a problem of going through the day and skipping lunch so I also have to eat lunch so I don't get hungry. My husband is out of town today so I am really happy and that makes me also want to drink. Funny how I drink when I am down and to celebrate. Anyway, I have to get through day seven. Bring it on. I think I will go into the "tool box" on here and read through some tips. I also have some lollipops tucked away in my closet just in case I need to put something in my mouth...ha ha.
                        "One day at a time. Messy bed, Messy head."
                        March 13, 2012

Goal #1: 7 days 3/19/12 DONE
                        Goal #2: 15 days 3/27/12
                        Goal #3: 30 days 4/11/12
                        Goal #4: 60 days 5/11/12
                        Goal #5: 90 days 6/10/12
                        Goal #6: 6 months
                        Goal #7: 1 year

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope, if I didn't know better, I'd swear that your posts are MINE in my early days!! My hubs goes out of town once a month and it was a free for all around here by myself. I only prayed he wouldn't call so late and be able to tell that I was knuckle draggin drunk...Man! It was awful. I also found a LOT of help with lolipops, specifically, Charms Blow Pops!!! They are sugary sweet with bubble gum in the middle. That got me thru many a BAD craving...it gave me something to do and made my mouth happy. Isn't that odd that we share that......
                          Piper, Hell's Bells, I was on Day 12....TWELVE BIG DAYS I had and it was 8 o'clock at night, my hubs went down to check something on his computer and I ran and got a MUG of wine and gulped it down....now WHY did I do that? It derailed me for months, too. Plus, by 8 at night, I had it made???? I was so fed up with myself at that point.....DAM ALCOHOL!!! I'm just glad you're back, and Daisy too. It's the stories of others that is the power of this site!!!
                          Stay strong everyone....you will never regret not drinking....Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane27 s glad you came back regardless
                            "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

I HATE ALCOHOL. I'm so sorry Jane. Get in here next to us...we will get thru this thing together.
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

You're so right, Byrdie - I have remembered that story of yours and brought it back up to my attention many times, when my mind has thought of doing that same exact thing.

Jane, you knew it was a big trigger - the lunch date -and you tried to arm yourself ahead of time - it has to be a learning experience...I think all last summer, when I was trying and then drinking again - each time, I should have taken more time to really look within myself to figure out what "really" happened....why did I make the decision to drink again? another thing is, expect things to be a bit more difficult for the next few days...maybe CG will add her two cents - just about the feelings just after drinking again, and how she turned it back around...I found that it was definitely more on my mind and I was more tempted - just after each time I gave in...

So you're really good at talking things through....figuring things out - so stay and work through it - you will most likely be helping lots of people learn from your experience because you're so good with your words.:h
                                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X