Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

How's everybody else doing? Piper - I know that when you get a few days under your belt again, you'll be able to get out from under the sadness a little bit....you're stuck in that vicious circle - drinking to numb the pain and loneliness but the pain and loneliness is only amplified by your drinking....You've got to make that choice and stick to it.......post here 10 times a day if you need to! We're here for you......:l
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane - I'm just glad you're back, no matter what happened. NObody gets it right the first time (or probably the 100th)...but you will get it eventually. The important thing is to never quit quitting!

Australia - I'm still working on getting rid of the ciggies too, my doctor told me not to take on too much at once. Lav is right, give it a couple of months (or however long you need) and then tackle it, because that is a whole other can of worms! I am meeting with my doctor on March 30th and I hope we can come up with a plan then.

Nursie - Look at you with your 57 days...you go girl! I knew you could do it! I'm so proud of you :l

Not much to report in my neck of the woods, the weather is being crazy, yesterday it was 75 and now it's windy and overcast...but at least no tornadoes! My heart goes out to all of those in the South that are so devestated right now! I keep waking up with a headache, but at least it's not a hangover! I hate the fact that being hungover used to feel "normal"...I don't know how I or any of us managed to function like that. So let's be grateful we don't have to feel that way anymore.

Sending love to all of you that I can't mention by name, but you know who you are! :h

K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey K9!:hallo: Have you been AF for over a year now?! That's awesome! I guess I just hadn't noticed, lol. Starting to come out of my funk and look around now.:H

Happy Tuesday Nestiessssssssss!!!! It's a beautiful, sunny, crisp day here in South Carolina. Just perfect to celebrate my 13th day AF. I can't wait to get the infamous 30-day prize from Nelz.:elk:

Today is quite a departure from yesterday. I believe it's because I had such a good night's sleep. Surely, sleep deprivation along with everything else was not helping at all! Glad to be here!:h

"I like people too much or not at all."
        Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi LG -
          Unfortunately I am not anywhere near a full year of sobriety...I have been fighting this beast with modest success for years, but I have never reached the year milestone of continual sobriety....but I'm working on it! I believe I am only on day 72 since my last F*ck Up...I can't call it a "slip" since I knew good and well what I was doing! I'm glad you're feeling better today!
          K9

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fourth Day & I seem more foggy than the three prior days. Eyes look bloodshot & face is all blotchy & flushed! What the heck? Is it just my body adjusting to no al???? If so then some of this should begin to be better in a few more days? I don't remember what it was like starting out.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Not had chance to read the posts as I've been working all day - only just got home. But I'll catch up once kids in bed. Still AF and entering the witching hour of day 12!
              Back later x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady...Charms lollipops is the exact brand that I use! I am having one right now

I am so nervous about tonight. I am really craving AL The craving has been pretty intense for about two hours. I am going to keep reading throught these posts.
                "One day at a time. Messy bed, Messy head."
                March 13, 2012

Goal #1: 7 days 3/19/12 DONE
                Goal #2: 15 days 3/27/12
                Goal #3: 30 days 4/11/12
                Goal #4: 60 days 5/11/12
                Goal #5: 90 days 6/10/12
                Goal #6: 6 months
                Goal #7: 1 year

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9, 72 days is awesomely awesome!!!:yourespecial: Please don't beat yourself up for any "slips", because you've soldiered on, and you are on the right track.:l

DWB, I also am still looking (some days) like I did during my hungover days...blotchy skin, red eyes...WTH?? I guess we can't all be fresh eyed and dewy faced right away. Sure would be nice though.

Sausage, I trust you will spend the witching hour peacefully and happily. Fly on AL witch to hell!!:H

To all I missed, Hi again :hallo:...Less than one hour's work day left for me.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                  Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope , just read what you can on here, it will pass. Have you watched the Rain inmy heart documentaries on you tube?Last night was terrible for me but I got through it ( thanks to all on here) tonight has been so much easier. Jane, glad you are straight back with us. DWB keep going, the firstdays are hard. It will get easier.

Hi to everyone else. Stay strong.

Sausage x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sausage, I have not watched those documentaries but will check them out.
                      "One day at a time. Messy bed, Messy head."
                      March 13, 2012

Goal #1: 7 days 3/19/12 DONE
                      Goal #2: 15 days 3/27/12
                      Goal #3: 30 days 4/11/12
                      Goal #4: 60 days 5/11/12
                      Goal #5: 90 days 6/10/12
                      Goal #6: 6 months
                      Goal #7: 1 year

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just put title rain in my heart in to you tube - there are 10. - good to watch when you are struggling. Post again if u can't find them

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope -
                          Sorry to hear that you're having extended cravings. Can you describe your cravings? I was thinking the other day that I don't really remember what it feels like...I guess just an overwhelming desire to satisfy the need to drink? I applaud you for outlasting your cravings...I know before I was on Antabuse I gave in so readily, which is why I probably can't even describe how they felt.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Strength and positive vibes to you Hope.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Jane, good job jumping right back in!

Hope, I hear you about those cravings. For me, it's like the thought of what it feels like right after that first drink hits keeps playing over and over. I hate it.

DWB-- I can't wait to start looking better, either. My face is still red, my eyelids feel hot, and I have dry skin on my nose and above my lips. It's super attractive. I have toyed around with the idea of taking a picture of myself every night so I can look back and feel good about myself later. I am also going crazy with the redness reducing, stress-relieving face soap and super expensive moisturizer that I purchased the last time I got sober.

Library Girl, I'm glad you are having a better day!

Piper, I think getting to bed and staying there is a good plan, especially with treats and a show to watch. I feel good every night I get in bed AF, because the day is officially over and I made it through.

I am making it through this day 2. I have a while until I can just relax for the night (and that time is too short), but I know it's going to come and I can make it a few more hours. Soon I will be caught up with work and then my evenings will be much more pleasant.

Everyone else... I hope you're doing well!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope, you hang in there. Think it all the way through. Like what Pocket said, you gotta think way past that first drink. If we could stop there, we wouldn't be on here. Think past that first drink to the black out, to wondering if you drunk called, texted or Facebooked anyone. What did you say, what did you do? Then the crappy morning and day after. THINK IT THROUGH! Good thoughts are with you. I had a little Mayfields Turtle Tracks last night to fight off the urge. Whatever it takes.

Comment

Working...
                                X