Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Ditto Pinecone...me too. The Nest is always a good use of my time, even if I don't post or even if I can't read everything I've missed. There is always something I can glean from the posters, whether it be a newbie or seniorbie, there is always something to relate to that hits home and I can add to my repetoire of tools to stay sober! Thank you all for being here and sharing! Pinecone, great to see you and great job on staying sober!
    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
    :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie,
      I am sorry you are feeling so pissed. Of course in my alcoholic mind...paranoid and self-centered... I am wondering, "did I say this?" I know I said MY medications (antidepressants) don't work when I drink. Did someone in the MWO family say this to make you angry? I hope you are feeling better. With you being a nurse, of course you will have more knowledge then many of us in the medical arena. Just take what people say with a grain of salt
      "One day at a time. Messy bed, Messy head."
      March 13, 2012

Goal #1: 7 days 3/19/12 DONE
      Goal #2: 15 days 3/27/12
      Goal #3: 30 days 4/11/12
      Goal #4: 60 days 5/11/12
      Goal #5: 90 days 6/10/12
      Goal #6: 6 months
      Goal #7: 1 year

Comment

Newbies Nest

Blondie, it's great to see you too! And great job on your 2 weeks! You inspired me so much when I started reading and posting here a while ago. Haha "glean" is exactly the word I had in my head too. This place really means alot to me. It is so heartening to see people pulling each other up, banding together in the fight.
        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesties

Well - I cocked up (yet again!!) last night. Was doing really well - but know I have only myself to blame. Hubby asked me to make chicken supreme for dinner and I've always made it with wine. Went to the supermarket and thought about buying a minature bottle, but as this was almost as expensive as a normal bottle tried to convince myself that I would just keep it in cupboard for cooking - yeah right!!

So here I am back to day one again. Someone mentioned to me about taking Antabuse - can anyone share their experience? I can't get it in the UK without prescription but understand that it can be ordered from Riverside Pharmacy. Any info about taking it and side effects etc would be useful - many thanks

Snap x
          Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters

Will catch up on all the posts later, just in from work and first chance I've had to log in. Got parents evening at school later and then kids swimming in evening. This is day 13 for me!

See you later

Sausage x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Snapdragon, Thank you for coming back with your honesty. Be proud of yourself for being here again. I know this is hard. Don't let it get you down. Just look ahead and think of the future. Not the past. Like Dr. Phil says, "worrying is like a rocking chair, it's something to do, but it won't get you anywhere." not sure if that's the exact quote but something like that.
              "One day at a time. Messy bed, Messy head."
              March 13, 2012

Goal #1: 7 days 3/19/12 DONE
              Goal #2: 15 days 3/27/12
              Goal #3: 30 days 4/11/12
              Goal #4: 60 days 5/11/12
              Goal #5: 90 days 6/10/12
              Goal #6: 6 months
              Goal #7: 1 year

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Hope - I'm just so cross with myself. It's like I walked straight into a trap that I'd actually set myself! I knew what I was doing as soon as I put that bottle into the trolly. I just wish I had more will power!

I'm so glad for those of you who are battling this and getting through the horrible cravings to see yet another AF day. I need to get onto MWO every day to keep up my motivation - it's difficult some days when I'm really busy with work, but I must make it my priorty. Staying sober has to be more important than anything else in my life at the moment.

Thanks everyone for the inspiration :thanks:
                Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad your back Snapdragon, just keep moving forwards, use it as a learning experience. I too think MWO is essential In the early days. My husband moans that I spend too long on the Internet but I think in these early days , time spent on here is v productive and certainly not a waste of time - anything to make you stronger.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters!

Lav- Love it. And it's so true. The best thing is that the struggle wont last forever :-)

Blonde- Well done on day 14!

Sausage- Great job on day 13!

Snap- Don't beat yourself up about it. Learn from it. Also, as far as cooking and wine goes, I think it's Lav who has great substitutes.

Lola- Thanks for the great post! I loved it!

Piper- What are you waiting for?

Nursie- Screw em! Don't listen to the person. You know that you are not drinking and that is all that matters. If she says anything again you could always say "Actually I haven't drank for 2 months, so as a nurse, I am SURE that the meds will work! (Beeatch)"

Well I am off to bed. Nesters, if that voice comes into your head, tell it where to go! Hope everyone has a good one!
                    "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
                    Goal 1- 3 days al free
                    Goal 2- 7 days al free
                    Goal 3- 1 month al free
                    Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Snapdragon, I'm the same *sigh* I just can't get past more than 8/9 days - last night I drank and had only done 5. You're not alone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, once again, I HATE ALCOHOL. I was out of town last night and my hubs called to tell me my sister had called the house...(my dad isn't doing too well, so he thought it might be an emergency). I was dozing on the couch...and when I picked up, he said, OH MY GOD! HAVE YOU BEEN DRINKING? In a fog, I said NO I haven't been drinking but the more I talked the more frantic he got. GADS! It is an awful thing what AL has taken away from me..and that's the trust of my husband. I am trying to assure him that I did not drink and WILL NOT DRINK....but what a long night he must have had worrying...I feel so bad that I have done this to him...it's not just self destructive, but it harms those that we love the most. I'm sad, but sober...and he will see that when I get home....Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, Byrdie, that sucks........it feels terrible when we've compromised the trust of others. It will take time I guess. :lilheart:

Nesters, I'm coming up on four months AF, and just want to say ONCE AGAIN that it's worth it and life is so much better this way!

Sending you all peace and strength.:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters

For the past 2 days, as soon as I got home, I logged on to read about what you birds are up to!!

Nursie - Try to forget about the dumb B that doesn't understand medicine. And get better soon!

Lav & Lola - Thank you for the inspiration - that truly helped!

Byrdie - That must have hurt!! Hope he apologizes or say something to make you feel better. But I hope you know how proud we are and that we trust you and all your wise words.

For years I couldn't imagine NOT drinking when I was with my family. They liked my house and was eager to visit... and to drink my wine!! Now it is quiet... Very lonely at times, but if they were still to come around, I think it would make me fail too.
                            12-20-2012 AF
                            Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie,

It sucks that we will always have this label. I also fear that every time my husband leaves and comes back, he will ask me "Did you drink?" How long will it take to earn back the trust of others? You are more than a year sober and your husband still worries about you. I hope you feel better and can have a good talk with your hubs once he gets home. I also hope that everything with your dad is ok. Sending you positive energy! Hugs!
                              "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
                              Goal 1- 3 days al free
                              Goal 2- 7 days al free
                              Goal 3- 1 month al free
                              Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aw Byrdie,
                                It takes time for people to rebuild trust ~ if they are even willing to do so....
                                Hope everything is OK with you.

Snapdragon, I'm sorry that you chose to drink last night. It was a choice you made.
                                I would not keep an open bottle of wine in my house - not even after being sober for 3 years. Why invite temptation?
                                On the topic of Antabuse -
                                It certainly is a useful tool for some but I would not take it without medical supervision. You really do need to have your bloodwork monitored for your safety. The old nurse in me just has to speak up once in a while. If you really want consider adding Antabuse to your arsenal then go to your doc first, please.

Willow, what's your plan now? How can you change things for better results?
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X