Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Jane...here's a pill...go find a cookie and sit and enjoy it. By that I mean think about it as you eat it and savor it.. that act will get you right thru a craving. Giving yourself a purpose will help a lot. You've been thru tighter spots than this! Hells Bells, Florida and then Lost Wages??? You can do it...all it takes is a couple good AF days under your belt and you will be right as rain. Imagine all of our avatars on the table in front of you cheering you on! You'll be getting your 30 day hat in no time! STAY with us! That is the key.
    I wish I had a dollar for every time someone asked me when I was due....I've never been pregnant either. Maybe the UPS man meant something else?? Kick him in the ______ for me next time you see him. One for the team!!
    UW what a great post, I read every word of it. Thank you.
    Stay strong everyone....don't listen to the voices NO MATTER WHAT OR NO MATTER WHO!! Love to all, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you K9!! I will stick around. I have had alot of tests before springbreak that starts next week, so it's been alot of studying and up early in the morning. But thanks to a great support group I have here in AA they have welcomed me back with hugs and wanting to keep in touch all the time with me. It's truly been amazing to have people care about my recovery as much as I care about theirs. I really hope that I can offer the same support to everyone here that I have recieved from others as well. We are all in this together whether it's in your local community or on the world wide web. Whatever keeps us from the bottle is what is keeping us from the bottle. So happy to have a place where I feel welcome like MWO. :thanks:
      Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

FinallyDone! Here's your 7 day horn toot!!!:day5: You have conquered every single day the week can throw at you, so there are no more surprises...You can do it from here on out, now just get to Magic Day 13 and you will be well on your way!!! Great job, B
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1277024 wrote: FinallyDone! Here's your 7 day horn toot!!!:day5: You have conquered every single day the week can throw at you, so there are no more surprises...You can do it from here on out, now just get to Magic Day 13 and you will be well on your way!!! Great job, B
          Thank you B!! One day at time here!!
          Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

G'day Nester's near and far!

Great going Finally done on your 7 days. Keep it going buddy!

Love your cookie strategy for cravings Birdy. That technique crosses into an area called 'Mindfullness' with part of the theory being, if we are focusing on the here and now, really focusing on that one thing (munching a cookie, feeling and focusing on each step as we go for a walk etc), there's no room for other thoughts like drinking, frustration, anger. No magic, it works, just takes some practice.

Keep rockin it Jane!

Thanks for the stop drinking post UW. It's a beauty. Is that from the Spiritual river website?

Alcohol is a liar, a silly mind game, and a waste of our precious time. We don't need it. Sober living rocks, and it just gets better and better if we give ourselves a chance. Have faith, have a plan, and take the leap!

Best wishes everyone.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Unwasted, thank you for that in depth post on how to stop drinking. If anyone missed it, it is really worth clicking back a few pages to read it!

Jane27...you are too funny...F*** a duck! I don't think I have ever heard that one! Good for you for not drinking today. Put your past behind you...what happened earlier in the week is over and now you are on a new path...enjoy it!

K9, I have also loved Olay Regenerist...which products do you use? Your skin looks luminous in your photos! Do tell girlfirend!!! I also was thinking of starting out on the ProX line or a combination of both...right now I have been using Avon Reversalist and that is pretty darn good too, especially the serum...but I've always like Olay cause it is easily found in my local drugstore. Also, I love Burt's Bees stuff but I don't think it is as effective for anti-aging as Olay....but natural is good too!

Alright, have a great evening everyone! I'm about to dye my hair (can anyone guess on the color?) and then watch some TV with the hubsmeister. Have a great day tomorrow everyone and stay strong on Friday!
              Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
              :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Blonde!

I am going to guess you are coloring your hair purple? LOL

Here's my skin recipe (lol): Nighttime: Olay Regenerist Thermal Heating Mask every night in the shower, Burts Bees Serum for eyes/mouth/forehead (around eyes), Olay Regenerist Serum, Olay Regenerist Night Cream. Morning: Cetaphil Cleanser (THE best, in my little ol' opinion), Burts Bees Ageless Eye Cream, Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Cream.

I know it seems like a lot, and it is...this is why I have to start getting ready for bed at 8:30pm. LOL And after all that my dogs want to lick it all off. I don't know why I'm putting so much effort into it...my "bedmates" are all 4 legged flea ridden critters, and they don't care if I have wrinkles. I guess I do it because it makes me feel good, and now I can afford my little creams since I'm not buying a 12 pack of beer everyday!
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening to all my fine feathered friends!

Busy place this nest is. Haven't been posting but have been here reading every night. Work is kicking my butt right now not to mention a crappy cold. Day 60-something for me and feeling more positive as each day passes.

UW - great post! - I think everyone here can take something positive away from all the points you made. Keep them coming.

Lots of newbies here - welcome to all and hope you have settled in nicely.

Audrey - You are a familiar face and so glad to see you here.

Blondie - I'm pushing 50 and have been using principal secret for a year or so. Love the facewash and the eye cream. I've tried the Prox before and liked that as well. Gladly spend my hard earned money on something like that rather than wine

Mr. G - you are right as always - alcohol is a liar and sober life definitely is a whole lot better! Glad to see you here.

Jane - :goodjob: You sound positive and strong!

Okay - seriously think I'm heading for bed. Never feel like I get enough sleep (probably cause I'm up at quarter of five every morning:upset

Anywho - hope you guys all have a great evening!

Goodnight!
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 - crosspost but I agree with Blondie - your skin glows! Maybe I'll have to try your routine!
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jolie - We did X post. LOL
                      I was just going to say that I used the Principal Secret stuff for a couple of years too, but it turns out I am a die-hard Olay fan. Although the PS stuff is great too. (p.s. no I don't work for Olay or get any kickbacks....although I wish I did! LOL)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Finally done, great to see you still here and good job on your week!

K9, the butterflies, rainbows, DUIs and handcuffs thing really had me laughing!

Unwasted, beautiful post. Sucessfully quitting drinking is more than just quitting drinking.

Jane27, don't get discouraged. You're one of the good ones!

And to everyone else, best wishes!

Have a great AF night everyone.
                        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pinecone;1277060 wrote: K9, the butterflies, rainbows, DUIs and handcuffs thing really had me laughing!
                          Lolab suggested I put that in my signature...I just might!!! LOL It's brutal! :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Is this a record....?

Or just a sign of a very compulsive personality....? I came across the MWO website last night for the first time ever. Wonderful! What I've been looking for, I think. Dropped my first post in Nursie's rant forum (just cuz it was such a fun place). Today, when it was suggested I look into the Newby Nest, I didn't so much 'look' as...dive to subterranean depths. Read the first 121 pages - that's more than 1200 posts, folks!
                            And liked so much of what I read. Humor. Supportiveness. Good advice from fun and interesting folk. Had to get real, of course, and realize I wasn't going to make it through the entire thread - at least not in the next few weeks! So I jumped to the end...and was a little saddened to see so many of the voices from the early days of the thread no longer present. I'm sure the current posters will be just as good to get to know, of course. And learn from.

Well - (I tend to be wordy - maybe that should have been my screen name) - for now, will just say how very glad I am to have found this community. AND that, having passed my witching hour in good shape, I'm pretty sure I'll be AF for Day One of this new journey. (Something that occurs just way too infrequently). Hope I haven't made any of you nod off....
                            Tell me, what is it you plan to do
                            with your one wild and precious life? - Mary Oliver

Comment

Newbies Nest

well, colliemom, have you checked out the toolbox? https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

It's a great help in coming up with a plan...but then again, you probably found several links to it today! And maybe you should add your own suggestion to the box -"to get through your witching hour try to see how far you can get in the newbie's nest thread...":H

:welcome:

Hey Jane...good job...

goodnight!
                              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

That Nursie is a Pill! I love her sense of humor! Welcome Collie...I would suggest going back maybe a month from this end and see just how much success we've had! Lots of good stuff going on here...it sure got me to the right track. Pull up a wad of something and settle in and get to know us. Nothing could surprise us here....we understand anything you can tell us....when you are ready...let us know what has brought you by. Welcome to the best place on Earth to stop drinking, in my humble opinion. Byrdie
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X